Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Sitter 1f

by dizzy2 Posted 29th Aug 2005 at 12:41 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2005 at 8:12 AM by dizzy2 : Update

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 5:17 AM
Sorry it took me so long getting this to you but we got a new dog and I sort of forgot about uploading this log. hope this helps
Attached files:
File Type: zip  sitter error.zip (17.3 KB, 20 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Metroid Menace
Alright, I hope this is the one (Looks like it anyway).. so anyway here you go.

Thanks. Nice catch.

Erg. I *knew* it wasn't the search routine. It's that idiotic Maxis NPC search routine.

"NPC - Try Get NID of NPC Type in T[0]" is what's causing the error. I'll look into a workaround for this. :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazi_aboutu
Sorry it took me so long getting this to you but we got a new dog and I sort of forgot about uploading this log. hope this helps

This confirms it. It's definitely that crappy Maxis routine. I should know better than to trust a Maxis-made search routine.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 6:33 AM
Woo, so this means you can make a differnt one and then the hack will work? Excellent. Superb work Dizzeh
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 10:07 AM
That NPC search routine uses 8 iterations per NPC in your neighborhood minimum. There is a possibility of up to 16 iterations per NPC (depending on how the NPCs are stored in the neighbor list). Add to that the fact that I was calling this routine twice (once for 2 different types of NPCs) and you can see where there might be a problem.

If you had anywhere near 300 NPCs in your neighborhood then this could conceivably have caused the "Too Many Iterations" error. This current revision should be able to handle neighborhoods with up to about 600 NPCs.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 4:55 AM
...! Dizzeh you are the awesomest ^.^ It worked great! Thanks so much. But one question though, how do you know when the sitters are done work, like is it after a speficfic time? But good job though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 7:07 AM
Sitters will generally hang around for 3 or 4 hours unless the adults are not home (in which case they hang around until the adults come home).
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 7:07 AM
Thanks Dizz glad the log helped Will download now and try it out tomorrow I hope.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 7:35 AM
this one works as the first one did not work for me either, but it is not working right for me. I got the option to hire the sitter and she came over but she would not automaticly interact with my toddlers,
I have two sets of parents that each have a toddler and they were all home but they were busy gaining skill points and the toddlers were in the red but the only way I could get the sitter to tend to them was to click on the toddler and then click on the sitter and have the toddler ask for food or attention.

I forgot to ask if the "no baby harrasment" will work with your sitter, as that may be the problem. thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 8:05 AM
I just double-checked and Pescado's "no baby harrassment" does not conflict with any of my hacks.
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 9:01 AM
it works in my game, only thing is that, the sitter doesnt come on specified time. Does this have to do with custom careers? Kaylynn works as a receptionist in that education career like one in The Sims Unleashed. Sitter came late, her son was taken away by the social worker. I tried it several times, unscheduling the old one and hired a new one but still the same. I didnt download the sitter 1e-noesw? If i did, will it stop any social worker from taking away unattended sim child? I dont want to eliminate that aspect of the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 6:49 PM
Sitters come immediately when you call. You can't schedule a sitter. If they can be scheduled, then it must be the nanny you are hiring (i.e. not my bug).
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 10:42 PM
Has anyone found out if this works with NL yet?

I've lost my marbles, please do not contact me if you find them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 7:49 AM
The latest version now works with NL, although you should be aware that sitters can only feed babies/toddlers autonomously. What this means is that you will need a normal fridge and to leave the freewill turned on for that to work.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 21st Sep 2005 at 1:44 PM
I was thinking about requesting somethilng like this. I've always thought the neighbourhood teens would be ideal babysitters. Thank you so much for this
Inventor
#66 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 8:13 AM
Wonderful! I hope this works for me, I've just about tortured one nanny to death by forgetting her on the roof so much. She was really irking me. no lol about it.
I do appreciate you! I've wanted something like this for a long time now!
I was referred here by someone in the nanny thread.

Happy Simmin'!
xts

edit: lol on the paperboy. the humans chase sim paperboys.
Found it humorous because my brother and I always used to joke about a show we'd watched (forget the name) but a boy would ride his bike chasing somebody for his 2.00 that they owed him.. Just thought I'd share that with ya

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Scholar
#67 Old 9th Oct 2005 at 2:22 PM
works fine in my test neighbourhood with grandma coming over to take care of babies etc. no problem
what i have had though is if you hire a teen they immediately run like blazes outta there, leaving the bloody SW to come and get the kids (i have the no SW version anyway though)
have to use Tmbstone of L&D to get them back as i tried to readopt and they said i hadh had kids take away therefore pee off
happened twice and both were NPC teens rather than a neighbourhood playable one
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 8:32 AM
does the teens pay get added to his/her household account. or does the money go to oblivion? i have been opening accounts for my teens and they make a deposit into there accounts when they get home from work so they have the money they earned in their account for when they go to university.

i will keep looking throught the list of hacks to see if there is direct deposit available.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 6:51 AM
I don't handle the money beyond subtracting for the current house. I haven't figured out a convenient way to handle the receivable amounts.
Scholar
#70 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 2:14 PM
so any reason why teens should run away as soon as they arrive?
or was i just unlucky with who i chose?
Test Subject
#71 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 5:34 PM
Thanks Dizzy...

Make Poverty History
Inventor
#72 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 2:00 AM
Just for laughs, thought I'd share something with you. My first time using the sitter wound up kinda funny. I had just gotten a cigarette hack for my sims and put only one cigarette on the lot and forgot about it. Placed it in the front yard. Well, I hired a sitter and soon as she got there, she found the cigarette and started puffing away lol. I guess she was nervous. ?? lol
Here's a pic.
Thanks for the sitter, it works great!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 4:09 AM Last edited by Bangelnuts : 20th Oct 2005 at 4:10 AM. Reason: forgot to add in every family the nanny option was still available
Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
This deletes the ability to hire a nanny.

The nanny, in my experience, does not "take care" of the kids. The nanny utterly neglects and abuses them. If you enjoy that kind of thing, feel free to keep using that bug-ridden crap.
I agree and the sitter hack works to a point in my game. for whatever reason the sitter will not feed the babues or toddlers. they socialize and they will put toddler down for a nap but wont feed a toddler even when hunger is nearing the red zone. I have had toddlers put to bed that were practically starving by the sitter. and had to have the first family member that walked in the door that was a teen or above get the toddler up and feed it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 1:19 AM
Bangelnuts:

The latest version now works with NL, although you should be aware that sitters can only feed babies/toddlers autonomously. What this means is that you will need a normal fridge and to leave the freewill turned on for that to work.

It helps if you read through the whole thread before posting problems.

Quote: Originally posted by anelca
so any reason why teens should run away as soon as they arrive?
or was i just unlucky with who i chose?

There is a certain amount of luck involved, actually. I haven't thought of a good way to fix it. Till then you can use this:

"No Teen Runaway Patch" at http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2patches.htm
Scholar
#75 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 11:51 AM
There is a certain amount of luck involved, actually. I haven't thought of a good way to fix it. Till then you can use this:

"No Teen Runaway Patch" at http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2patches.htm

well not to worry
its kind of amusing to think the teens i select think my household kids are so awful they need to run away lol
i can aways get the the kids back va the Tombstone of L&D anyway
i thought about that hackbefore but i quite like the element of risk that my teens will run away in other scenarios too
Page 3 of 5