Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

My Samus Aran

by thunderbreak Posted 18th Jul 2005 at 6:22 AM

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 11:01 AM
You can't use her regular costume as workout clothing anyways since it's a 2 seperate piece clothing(meaning top mesh and bottom mesh are seperate), don't ask me why, I can't read those EA people's minds :blah:

Don't get mad, get even.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 2:39 PM
i only ever saw the first metroid way back when it was nintindo nothing and my brother was playing (i never cared much for console games). back then i thought it was clear that samus was a guy i didn't find out that it was suposed to be a chick until recently when my boyfriend told me so. i'm still not convinced that it was always intended to be female and have no idea when they made that decision. and, speaking as a chick, when ever i look at it i still see a guy. it has me totaly confused, which is propably why i keep refering to Samus as "it."

but your version of it is quite lovely.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TurboJAzn
Yeah, to put it bluntly, I would prefer for the custom skin tones for all the females to have nipples and genitalia(preferably shaved) instead of the Barbie-doll look.

and i would prefer to not have accidentaly downloaded any of those skins because people used them without knowing it since you can't see anything when they have proper clothes on and when you don't turn off the blur.

i'm 21 by the way so i am alowed to go to the adult downloads forum (and do, for clothes and only clothes). i just think that those kinds of skin tones (both male and female, especially the shaved ones) go a little too far since the sims can't use those bits anyway.
Test Subject
#54 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 4:40 PM
You know I just hate it when I see people criticizing other peoples work. If you dont have anything positive to say about another persons work, just dont say anything. Anyways Im not even a Metroid fan or have played it much, but the skin looks HOT, good job!
Test Subject
#55 Old 20th Jul 2005 at 4:50 PM
wow i love this. great job, expecialy on the hot outfit!
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 12:27 AM
I did find, after recreating the Nintendo family, that the dress slacks work great on no armor Samus, with the tight jeans, baggy jeans, and flame jeans in a close second (the ones that show no lower midriff). The armor did end up getting Formal and Workout duties. But really, you did a very nice job with Samus, which is my favorite all time heroine. *Smacks cobwebs out of head* I should never try to create sims in the middle of the night, because I didn't see the casual outfit in the workout outfit area. Silly me.

Honestly, I never really got into Metroid until Super Metroid, because I thought that the original had some flaws in it (you have to be 2 arms length away from an enemy to shoot it and there's no ducking). I would like to 100% Zero Mission but that's gone missing.

SimMDR
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 12:29 AM
I started off with Super Metroid, maybe that's why I liked it so much, But it's almost like a remake of the original metroid.

Don't get mad, get even.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 1:59 AM Last edited by JoKBrasil : 21st Jul 2005 at 2:01 AM.
Man, your concept of video games characters is totally insane! It's like turning a classic painting into modern art... That's why I love your works! Nice job!
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 2:33 AM
Hi Thunder, can you merge hair meshes? Cause the hair you used for Samus is actually pretty accurate for Belldandy except for the missing pony tail on the back and feelers on top...don't know if it is possible though...but the best I could do is provide you references as to how she looks like ><
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zemeth
Hi Thunder, can you merge hair meshes? Cause the hair you used for Samus is actually pretty accurate for Belldandy except for the missing pony tail on the back and feelers on top...don't know if it is possible though...but the best I could do is provide you references as to how she looks like ><
No, you can't merge hair meshes without knowing how to edit the model, I know what she looks like, she's got those crazy strings on the front and a pony down to her butt on the back, that's why I'd say she's difficult to make.

Don't get mad, get even.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 10:04 AM
This looks great! Hehe...I usually died on Metroid Fusion just to see her, LOL! This is great, you did a good job! I bet making her with her suit on is kind of hard, isn't it? Anyway's, great job! I like all of your work, and keep it up.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 3:25 PM
This is really near to her! Especially the detail on the inner armour,it's AMAMZING! Her hair is a deeper yellow though.. still, it's fantastic. Thanks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#63 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AprilEchidna
Her hair is a deeper yellow though..
I had to watch out for the overall color tone, if the highlight of the hair is any darker then it'll jump out more than everything else and create a balance issue.

Don't get mad, get even.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 12:53 AM
I can say that I never have any trouble out of your Sims and they are always great. I am always on the lookout for your Sims. Don't let what the kids in here get to you. I think your great. Keep up the good work.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#65 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:35 AM
Thank you

Don't get mad, get even.
Banned
#66 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:39 AM
She's hot. Yah
#67 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:54 AM
OH! Words cannot express how happy I am at seeing this sim ;_;. I adore all of your stuff and to see my favorite female character of anything EVER fills my heart with love. I could go on forever but I'll stop here. Thank you so very much! <3 <3 <3
Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:32 PM
What about the bulky armour Samus Aran was wearing in the original games? Is it possible to create such meshes at this point?
Screenshots

"It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have
ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to
than I have ever known." - Charles Dickens
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#69 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:32 AM
I doubt it, you can't make the mesh bigger than the vertics limit. Which is too bad.

Don't get mad, get even.
#70 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:33 AM
First link in the message gives me a insufficent access level error.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#71 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:19 AM
I forgot to point it out, it's in the adult forum, so you'd have to be 19+ to enter:P

Don't get mad, get even.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thunderbreak
I forgot to point it out, it's in the adult forum, so you'd have to be 19+ to enter:P

Correction 18+

I just think we should cook and eat all the PETA people.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#73 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 4:21 AM
Or yeah, what Fox said =P

Don't get mad, get even.
Test Subject
#74 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 4:28 AM
What about a handgun mesh? Is that possible to make at this point?

"It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have
ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to
than I have ever known." - Charles Dickens
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#75 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 6:07 AM
I've already begged, but I people do have their own projects to worry about, and meshing takes a long time and there's more procedures to worry about, so I don't think we'll see something like that until one of the meshers decides to do one by their will.

Don't get mad, get even.
Page 3 of 4