Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - Cap flipped backward

by roddyaleixo Posted 7th Apr 2005 at 8:27 PM - Updated 12th May 2010 at 9:04 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 3:03 PM
Hi there Roddy, you did a great job! I am able to recolor it in BodyShop, but is it possible to recolor the front of the cap? (what would normally be the back) I have the logo I want on the front of the cap (what is now the back), but I can't seem to figure out just where to put the other logo so it shows up in the front (where it would normally show up on the back of the cap). Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm a little confused myself. Thanks again for the mesh!

Angelica
Field Researcher
#27 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 4:35 PM
This is great! I can't wait to use it

could you do a girls version Please? :D
Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 5:03 PM
I have just downloaded it and am off to try it out in my game. It looks awesome! Why can't maxis do stuff like this?!
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 5:49 PM
this is cool. But is it possible to make a hat with invisible hair? I'd like my sims to keep their same hair texture if that is possible.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 8:21 PM
Simtyme, you can recolor the hair texture in the cap yourself, if i made the hair invisible the poor sims would be bald, since the cap is "tecnically" hair...

Angelica, i dont know where the "front part" is on the textures, it has the exactly same UVmaps that the original cap has... so i would sugest exporting that and look at the texture to see where the logos stick... i will take a look at this later too though, after i come back from college..

SleepycatDSL, i think i will later, i just have some other stuff to do first, but i definatelly will make a female version of these...

Thanks everyone, for all the compliments
Scholar
#31 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 8:52 PM
Great job, thank you for sharing it.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:45 PM
Angelica, I tried adding a hole to the back of a maxis cap once and found that the back of the cap is split in half. You know how the texture pattern kinda makes a "U" shape? Well the tops of the "u" join at the back of the cap. I hope that this has firstly been understandable and also of some help.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:47 PM
Very cool,thanks roddy.
Screenshots

Welcome to The Machine
*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·Pink Floyd.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*
Tough Cookie
#34 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 7:42 AM
Mines is working fine. I got four different colors now.
Screenshots

Men are tools...Too bad they talk and clean out your fridge.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 12:33 PM
I have been looking for exactly this! It looks great in the game and I now have several recolors and logos for my guys. Thank you thank you thank you!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 12:42 PM
Works fine roddyaleixo....and my recolors are working too. Thanks for a great job.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 7:39 PM
Thanks everyone
Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 1:04 AM
what every male sim needs!
Tough Cookie
#39 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:42 AM
What every male sim needs? Women need it too. And teens, and children. I'll put on my toddlers if I could.
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 3:33 PM
can anyone post their recolours? I really like that Nike one..
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 3:53 PM
Makes you think maxis should have designed it with the game.......Thanx....can't wait to see more by you
#42 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 10:39 AM
Default Wonderful, wonderful, wond e e r . . .
I've been looking for months for a child's baseball cap, and finally you seem to be the only one on MTS2 who can make them,
But Please, please, could you make some caps for children?
I would be so grateful.
Thanks,
Geoff.
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 1:56 AM
Awesome! Thank you! *snatches*
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:23 PM
ooo this will be totally hot for my "Urban" sims!!!!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th May 2005 at 8:36 PM
can you make this for the woman? please? it's cool, though.
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th May 2005 at 11:53 AM
Great idea! Thank you so much for sharing !
Field Researcher
#47 Old 8th May 2005 at 7:47 PM
It doesn't show up in the game for some reason... I put it in the saved sims folder, but it still won't show up in my game. Sigh... I don't know what's wrong!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 10th May 2005 at 1:43 AM
It works for me. But awesome work can't wait to use it ^_^
#49 Old 10th May 2005 at 5:15 AM
Rawkin awesome
Yes, this is awesome! I've been looking for a backwards cap for my Reese Roper from Five Iron Frenzy to add some skankin to the sims

Woot

:taekwondo
Tough Cookie
#50 Old 10th May 2005 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by panther00567
It doesn't show up in the game for some reason... I put it in the saved sims folder, but it still won't show up in my game. Sigh... I don't know what's wrong!

Maybe you need to put it in your download folder.

I also made some recolors here:Recolor Backwards Caps

Men are tools...Too bad they talk and clean out your fridge.
Page 2 of 4