Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

neighborhood view fix: see whole neighborhood v1.0

by snappledude21 Posted 10th Oct 2004 at 11:29 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 3:04 AM by porkypine

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 254 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 11
Test Subject
#76 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 4:45 AM
This is an awesome hack! You can actually see and place lots on the other side of the Pleasantview bridge. What's the sense of the wasted lots? This is the way it should have been made. The edges are not bad at all. I expected worse. How did you learn that, Snappledude?

I also want to mention I have University and it runs fine with this hack so far.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 7:59 PM
WHOO! I was just going to ask about EP compatablility. I installed EP with the camera and it dissapeared, so I am installing it again, I think the installer simply overwrote that file. Thanks!
Test Subject
#78 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 2:00 AM
Do you mean you installed the hack, then the expansion pack? Yeah, that would probably overwrite it. It's awesome, you'll like it if you can get it to work.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 8:48 AM
Thanks for this

Uhmm I paste it over what's already in the NeighborhoodCamera.txt right? So it would erase what's there??

This sounds wonderful, going to try it now if I did it right
Field Researcher
#80 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 11:16 PM
you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!
#81 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 5:39 PM
Thank you for this hack. I first used it with the original Sims2. Great!
The university overwrote it and once I reinstalled it things are back to normal.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 6:15 PM
I love this hack but feel like it spins around way too fast and doesn't allow us to get up very close to the houses. Is there anyone who's seen something that will help with this? Snappledude21....I absolutely love this file but, are there values that I can change to fix these little nit picks of mine?
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 11:14 PM
I get a red X where the download file should be. Can anyone help, maybe copy the txt in the thread?
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 11:07 AM
same here need camera hack!!! my hillbillies are stuck over pleasantview bridge

-Shameless-
Field Researcher
#85 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 2:31 AM
yep... cant get the download!!! when i installed the new ep, i lost this awesome mod and i want it back! please help!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#86 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 3:01 AM
Default i am very confused
One.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments. IF we can get the file back from the site, then i can tell everyone how to change every last part of the file so that you can change the rotation speed (zooming i'm not sure of yet, as you run into clipping issues with mountains, lowering the clipping distance kinda works, but you run into other problems, plus the houses look horrible up close unless you have every graphics option on). I don't have the file myself anymore, as the expansion pack overwrote it on my computer. I CAN and will make it again if i have to. But hopefully i won't have to. I'll try to see and message someone about how to get this back.

mike
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 3:38 AM Last edited by DawnKeeper : 14th Jul 2005 at 3:30 PM.
Does this look right? I am sure that this is the one I have saved and I reinstalled after I installed the EP.

EDIT: Took out download. Copty the text and place in your file.

Here is what I have:

# Camera configuration file for the Neighborhood screen.
# See cameras.txt for a description of syntax.

camera "Neighborhood" Neighborhood

zoom 1 (650 450 230)
fov (45 45 45)
clip (.6 .5 .4) (2000 2000 2000)
pitch (30 22 14) (40 45 50)

orientation 1 (0 45 90 135 180 225 270 315)

smoothing 5 8
wheel 5

constrain .9 .9 .9 .9

setparam defaultminchange 0.5

setparam keyboardrotationspeed 100
setparam keyboardrotationlerpsteps 2
setparam keyboardrotationlerpminchange 0.5

setparam keyboardtranslationspeed 50
setparam keyboardtranslationlerpsteps 5
setparam keyboardtranslationlerpminchange 0.5

setparam keyboardzoomspeed 1
setparam keyboardzoomlerpsteps 1
setparam keyboardzoomlerpminchange 1
setparam keyboardzoomscale 3
Test Subject
#88 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:00 PM Last edited by Robar : 31st Mar 2005 at 4:02 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Hey this works great! Rotation speed was to FAST! So I changed that from 100 to 50. Much nicer. The origonal was 15 but with the bigger land mass 50 works real good. If anyone wants to change it just go back into the Neighborhoodcamera file and look for this:
"setparam keyboardrotationspeed 100"
Just change 100 to 50.
I would assume that this would work at what ever number below 100 you set it at but have not tried it. Good luck and thanks for this great mod.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 10:32 PM
Robar... did you use what DawnKeeper posted above to get it to work? what do you do, click on the download and install it in a file, or do you copy and paste what she wrote??? I am so confused...
Test Subject
#90 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 7:12 AM
I don't know what your talking about. allstar
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 2:51 AM
Fantastic..
Test Subject
#92 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:38 PM
This is perfect. Seems to work great. I backed up the old neighborhood camera just in case, but don't think I'll be putting it back anytime soon. Its nice to finally be able to see that huge neighborhood I made with SimCity 4!

"Why do you always have to ask those type of questions?"

SBSaxophone07
My E-Mail
#93 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 9:57 PM
hi i dont get it can anyone help
Test Subject
#94 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 5:47 PM
just wanted to say that this works great! i got the sim city neighborhood from 8DS and it was very difficult to use because it was so large but hard to view all the areas, even on my very large monitor. now i can see everything very easily. this is great. thanks!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 8:13 PM
great; but would also be nice if we could add more roads to put houses where there's a lot of land; or have a house far away from road like in the country; very cool though i've always hated that camera view!!!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 8:42 AM
I absolutely LOVE this hack. Thank you SO much!!!
#97 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:01 AM
I am so confused, could you please expand on this......all that is showing is the txt version. Where do you put that, if there is supposed to be another file where is it and what is it.....please help me!
Test Subject
#98 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 6:34 PM
Download the file with a right click and "Save as..." option.
TXT is right, it is a replacement for the original NeighborhoodCamera.txt, which you find in the Cameras Folder in ...\EA Games\The Sims 2.

Don't forget to backup the original file
Select the file by mouseclick, hit crtl+c on your keyboard, then crtl+v ... there is your copy.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 11:30 PM
Thank you, thank you thank you!

For long you live and high you fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Test Subject
#100 Old 1st May 2005 at 2:52 AM
where do I put it?
Page 4 of 11