Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Beauty: Idolatry of Flesh Skintones - UPDATED 03-Mar-07

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:47 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 10:20 AM by HystericalParoxysm : Adding a known issues heading.

364 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 337 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 15
Test Subject
#126 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 7:39 AM
*wonders how the alien, and zombie default replacements are coming, and if there is a plant person anatomically correct default coming too ;P *

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
Test Subject
#127 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 9:25 PM
These are so pretty! I was getting really tired of the super-shiny skintones myself. XD Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#128 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 9:38 AM
Thanks HP, these are great! And thank you for the anatomically correct versions. You've done a remarkable job on these skins!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
cleaner, you can certainly have the barbie skintones and the anatomically correct skintones too if you want. The thumbnails are the same but the tooltip on the anatomically correct ones says it's anatomically correct. As long as you only have one set of -defaults- then you should be fine. You shouldn't have to keep the skintones in separate folders, either. They use different filenames so they won't overwrite each other.

thanks again paroxysm. for some reason i was sure the filenames were the same.
Test Subject
#130 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 11:41 PM
Hey

I absolutely love the skins, they're beautiful.

I can't for the life of me, forever, figure out how to get rid of the blur. I can't find anything on this site (a nude patch), and I don't trust what I find on Yahoo. Is there anything you would recomend?
Test Subject
#131 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 6:38 AM
vinyamar: Check out the SimPE site...

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
Field Researcher
#132 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 9:19 PM
HP, these are beautiful! I, too, am one of those that prefer a slightly lighter skin tone as I have gotten used to the Maxis tones. Hopefully callum91 will be able to change over the defaults to the first 4 of your 5.

Also - I've seen your Plant Sim replacement -- where is the Alien, Zombie, Vampire? *Hint Hint*

You are so very talented, thank you so much for sharing!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 9:39 PM
I'm not going to be doing a vampire replacement - I like my vampires to stay the way they were before their undeath and we already have something for that. Zombie and alien coming soon - I have the alien skin done as a non-default, it's just a tedious pain in the ass to make defaults and I've actually been caught up playing Seasons.

C-S, my plantsim default is as anatomical as it's gonna get. I tried to add leafy pubes but they looked weird, but it's otherwise okay.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:06 PM
Thanks so much for these! I can totally tell you spent a large amount of time on these.

And I take these over buttered hams any day ;D

- slice
Instructor
#135 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 1:59 AM
Amazing stuff! Heck, I could use these type as defaults and be happy with them...

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 9:05 PM
Thank you for these skins. I downloaded the ones from your site (the anitomical) ones and they are great. I admire the detail you put into them, and am currently using them as default skins in my game. I wish you well and hope that you have a nice one.

BirmanKat AKA mal1958

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Test Subject
#137 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 9:56 PM
I downloaded your default replacement "Barbie" style skins last night. The face shows but the body is black and the hair area is white with numbers. I have checked to make sure I only have one set of defaults in. I have all expansions but no shopping packs.
I also dl the Plant Sim replacement skin. On that one the body and face were both fine but it also had the white with numbers under the hair.

Any advice or info about this would be appreciated. Thanks.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 10:02 PM
You didn't grab the non-defaults too, plaidsquirrel. That's exactly what will happen if you only grabbed the defaults but not the non-defaults. Mine are dependent defaults and require both to work.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#139 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 4:02 AM
Okay. I feel pretty silly now. I could have sworn I read everything up there but I guess I committed the error of just skimming and assuming (and we all know what happens when you assume) the rest.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#140 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 11:16 AM
Hi HP! "I got your skin in tha flesh"! Congratulations, you made something coming from perfection. BUT... please tell me you will "warlokk" them (if it's already done, I missed the thread...) because my tanned and black simettes are so sad to be 34-34 calibrated... Please...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 11:21 AM
I have no interest in Warlokk-ifying any of my items. I'm shaped exactly like the Maxis normal body, so that is normal and natural for me. Feel free to do so yourself if you like though - that's why I have terms of use that allow for pretty much anything as long as I get a link and credit. I'd really... prefer not to see it on his GIGANTOTITS meshes as it just isn't that kind of skin, but, eh, just don't show me if you do.

Lab Assistant
#142 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 12:13 AM
Oh wow, these skins are crazy. I of course mean that in the most sincere way. I love them! :]
Test Subject
#143 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 2:07 PM
I wouldn't ask for 50DDDD! Just looking for something like 34D maximum and 36hips! But I'll try to learn the ancient art of skintone to do it by myself. Thanks a lot, HP.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 6:55 PM
Ha ha!!!!! Naked people all over the place!!!!!!
Test Subject
#145 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by schuldig_seiben
Reat work on these, HP! I love the natural 'realsim' look, it's a nice alternative to hyper-realistic skins as well as boring Maxis ones I like the range of colours and the detail on the face, too!

Erm - sorry, but what do you mean, 'too dark'? You know there are real people who are that colour and darker; are they 'too dark?'
Very few skins are available for those sims unfortunately because dark skins are very difficult to make. I actually love the deep, rich tone of the darker skins and am impressed at the level of detail mantained Thanks again, HP!

Sorry I really didn't mean it like that! I meant it makes all my sims who were previously pale become exotically tanned all of a sudden! I like to have a variation in colours but now they're ALL dark skinned and I can't really continue my family stories properly because they look like they've done a jacko
Test Subject
#146 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:11 PM
Soooo tempting to nitpick....yes you would be doing me a favour where my kids are concerned! Seriously..excellent skins!! An milione ringrazia!
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 12:46 AM
I'm impressed! Can't wait to use these skins in my game! Thanks!

"Life is a tightrope walker who eventually has to fall.
Life is a racer rife with anger and time is a wall."

-Martin Clement, in "The Swirls of Time"
Test Subject
#148 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:43 PM
Wow, this is the skintone of my dreams! It's simply perfect and so wonderful! Thanks a lot for this fantastic creation!

Simsilicious! <3
Test Subject
#149 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 5:12 PM
These are gorgeous. I've gotten the ones here and the ones on your site. Lovely.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 12:09 AM
These skins remind me strongly of a set of Morrowind replacement skins I downloaded long ago. Those definitely added to the game and I think these will too. Old school, but much better than maxis. Thanks for the great skins!
Page 6 of 15