Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Updated 1 Tile Baby Mat - and 1 Tile Changing Table - New Meshes - Mo

by rebecah Posted 20th Jul 2007 at 5:09 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 3:36 PM by rebecah : Updated -080107

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 1:38 AM
I have another bug I found in the changing table. The top of the trash bin gets it's texture from the actual pad instead of wherever it's supposed to get it.

Otherwise I haven't had any problems with it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MajorMercedes
I have another bug I found in the changing table. The top of the trash bin gets it's texture from the actual pad instead of wherever it's supposed to get it.

Otherwise I haven't had any problems with it.

Actually that's the way I placed it. I mean that was my intention. I wanted to top to match the pad of the changing table. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and to report that you've had no problems. I really appreciate it.
Alchemist
#53 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 9:01 AM
Hi!

I love these small baby items - ridiculous to have the nursery twice as big as any other room. I like compact houses, and usually do without the change table completely.

However, I am finding some problems - looks like all the same as others reported - endless floating ZZZ's, constant waking even when the toddler has not regained energy (no hack being used), and dropping from queue.

I have base game only. I downloaded the updated versions of change table and mat.

I have deleted the items and re-installed them, so when I open the game next, I hope the objects will work right. Just thought I'd report now, since the files I was using should have been the latest versions anyway.

Also having trouble with your toddler double bed, but I'll go report that in the appropriate thread.

Thanks for all the effort you have put into these objects - I am looking forward to using them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Hi!

However, I am finding some problems - looks like all the same as others reported - endless floating ZZZ's, constant waking even when the toddler has not regained energy (no hack being used), and dropping from queue.

Thanks you very much for your report. I am working on the zzzz's issure and hope to get it figured out today. I have found the section that it's in but I've yet to figure out exactally what line of code releases this.

Thanks again for your report.
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 9:57 PM
Am i doing something wrong?

When I am the toddler and I click on the mat, it is 'unselectable' (the mouse turns greyish and you can't click on it). Is their something i'm doing wrong, or that i should have done?
Forum Resident
#56 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:24 AM
Truly brilliant idea, and much needed - some of that EA/Maxis stuff takes up far too much room (imho). Congrats on being 'Featured' and thanks for taking time to create/upload/share with us!... :D

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#57 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:14 AM
yay! thanks so much! lol
Alchemist
#58 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:12 PM
More feedback...The change table keeps misbehaving, so perhaps you'd better flag it as requiring an (any) expansion pack.

The sleeping mat works for me, but it seems to become unusable at times with toddlers - they don't go there themselves, and won't be sent. Sometimes they go and sit as if they are going to get onto the mat, but they don't. I had to use another object to give the toddlers some rest at those times. Other times it all works fine.

This might be the same glitch reported above by chly1chly.

No problem with adults putting babies onto the mat (I had my first ever batch of twins, so I really appreciated the small mats to put them on, in my teeny little cottage).

I'll try the no-ZZZ version of the mat soon - thanks. Looks like I have to give up on the change table though, until I get an EP anyway.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
More feedback...The change table keeps misbehaving, so perhaps you'd better flag it as requiring an (any) expansion pack.

The sleeping mat works for me, but it seems to become unusable at times with toddlers - they don't go there themselves, and won't be sent. Sometimes they go and sit as if they are going to get onto the mat, but they don't. I had to use another object to give the toddlers some rest at those times. Other times it all works fine.

This might be the same glitch reported above by chly1chly.

No problem with adults putting babies onto the mat (I had my first ever batch of twins, so I really appreciated the small mats to put them on, in my teeny little cottage).

I'll try the no-ZZZ version of the mat soon - thanks. Looks like I have to give up on the change table though, until I get an EP anyway.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Could you tell me what the changing table does for you? I have it in Life Stories and haven't had any problmes. Be sure you've downloaded the newest versions.

There were some problems with the game not ending the in use but I believe I've fixed that with there.

Thanks for taking the time to report the problems, but it would help me to know what was happening when the problems occured. I will spend more time with the items in Life Stories to see it I can generate any errors.
Test Subject
#60 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:20 AM
Hi,

Ok first i admit i did not read through all the post. Second i would like to thank you for your work. I really like the one square beds.

Now i would like to tell you a little problem i found. First of all like others have reported the zzzzz's stay with the toddler all the time. Next my toddler would not stay in the bed and when i qued some one to out the toddler in the bed they wouldn't. I am only speaking aboout the crib, i have not yet tried the mat or the table. i hope this helps.

Again thank you very much
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by farieanne
Hi,

Ok first i admit i did not read through all the post. Second i would like to thank you for your work. I really like the one square beds.

Now i would like to tell you a little problem i found. First of all like others have reported the zzzzz's stay with the toddler all the time. Next my toddler would not stay in the bed and when i qued some one to out the toddler in the bed they wouldn't. I am only speaking aboout the crib, i have not yet tried the mat or the table. i hope this helps.

Again thank you very much

Please redownload as I have updated these issues. I fixed the zzzz issure and there was a conflict with one of the hacks, it is now compatiable.
Test Subject
#62 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 9:41 PM
could someone please tell me where i can find instructions for downloading and installing this?
Scholar
Original Poster
#63 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hereinyourarms67
could someone please tell me where i can find instructions for downloading and installing this?

Here is where you'll find the information:
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

You download the files unzip it and place the package files in your My Documents\Sims 2\Downloads directory. You also have to enable custom content.

These are the basics...I really suggest that you read the information found under the link I've given.

Good Luck!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:53 PM

This is the coolest thing ever. All you have to do is potty train the kid and he's on his own from there.

Thank you ! This is very much needed for busy sims!

OMG! MF Snakes on a MF Plane!!
August 18th everywhere
Test Subject
#65 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 8:45 PM
Thank-you so much for making these. I've always been bothered by just how much space that changing table takes up, and the smaller crib will be perfect for some of my little Sim townhouses.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:05 PM
I love this! Its a wonderful idea. More space for little chillins rooms. =3

She stood in the rain
And gazed at the golden grass
Longed for those memories
She knew could never last
Test Subject
#67 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 3:08 PM
These are great, but for some reason my sims can no longer take a baby off the mat!
Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 8:32 PM
:o i love you for doing this!! im doing a povertiy challange and i need the less expensive cribs!! Thank You So much!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#69 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haroldrocks_94
These are great, but for some reason my sims can no longer take a baby off the mat!
Any suggestions?

First do you have the most recent update? I was having problems with the in use flag. I also suggest that you delete it and place replace with the newest update, within the household as this is necessary due to changes in routes.
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 1:25 PM
Thank you so much, can't wait to try it out.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 8:48 AM
Very nice and useful mod and a big congratulation on the feature Rebecah!

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 9:49 PM
I just wanted to comment on how much your patience is appreciated.

You don't take people's comments as them criticizing you and you're so sweet and diligent in trying to find the answer to the problems.

So this is more a thank you to who you are rather than a thank you about the objects. Though I do LOVE the idea behind these.

Hugs!

:lovestruc , Chibi

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 9:43 AM
I think you're a genius, for figuring out some great mods that really enhance the game for those of us who like having toddlers in the game.
I have no problems with the mat or the table, except that when they are changing babies on the table, they do it one tile to the left, so the baby is in the air.
It doesn't effect the effectiveness, and the items are all great.
Scholar
Original Poster
#74 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rellymailor
I think you're a genius, for figuring out some great mods that really enhance the game for those of us who like having toddlers in the game.
I have no problems with the mat or the table, except that when they are changing babies on the table, they do it one tile to the left, so the baby is in the air.
It doesn't effect the effectiveness, and the items are all great.

Please redownload the table. I fixed the position now they change from the front. You need to replace the old version and re-buy it on the lot you were using the former version and I changed the routes.
Test Subject
#75 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 11:32 PM
I love this download! Especially the changing table, it's so useful, the maxis ones are huge! Thanks SO much for making this!
Page 3 of 5