Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Updated 1 Tile Baby Mat - and 1 Tile Changing Table - New Meshes - Mo

by rebecah Posted 20th Jul 2007 at 5:09 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 3:36 PM by rebecah : Updated -080107

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 97 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
#26 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unicorngurl180
I also have the dropping from que problem with the changing table. Even when I place it in the middle of an empty room the action still drops. I haven't tried the crib yet though, so don't know about that. Thanks for these wonderful objects though.

yup, thats exactially what happens to me to
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unicorngurl180
I also have the dropping from que problem with the changing table. Even when I place it in the middle of an empty room the action still drops. I haven't tried the crib yet though, so don't know about that. Thanks for these wonderful objects though.

I will try to change the routing to see if that helps. If I'm able to come up with another route that works I will repost.

Please note too that I never play my game without boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. I have seen that some do not recommend this cheat but I have played my game with this enabled for a few months and have never had any problems with it. I actually have it set in my config file to activate it when the game starts.

It will also show you the custom content that causes problems in your game. And gives you the option to delete that item, so that it doesn't crash your game.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:24 AM
saw youve got a new V of the changing table up Have grabbed it and will let you know how this goes for me Thanks for the trouble youve taken, its apprecieated!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 1:59 PM
Hi hon, have just had some time with my game ( finally!) and am having the same issue with this new version as before. Sorrrryyyy!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 10:23 PM
Just to let youi know that after my last PM to you, i did what we discussed and it is now working beaufifully Thank you
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#31 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 12:30 AM
Brilliant idea, and much needed. That stuff takes up too much room.
And welcome to the ranks of featured creator

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#32 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 1:36 AM
Absolutely wonderful. Now my nurseries are a lot smaller. I agree with Tig, the Maxis stuff takes up way too much space. Great job and welcome to the world of a featured creator.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 3:42 AM
Simple and smart idea. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:01 AM
That's really great, Rebecah!! Thank you for all the work and congratulations to be a featured creator!
hexameter
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 8:13 AM
hey, thanks for this awesome addition to the game!

I had the same problem as the cribs and changing table dropping from queue as many have stated, however, i couldn't even click on the items to move or delete them afterwards. it always said 'can't move item in use'

i haven't downloaded the new version yet to test it, but i still have yet to remove the cribs from the house, even after i restarted the game.

if this problem was already addressed with the update, then i apologize for the redundancy... ahah
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 2:52 PM
thank you sooo much o_o my house was getting seriously hectic

g.a.a.r.a.<3.
Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiiragi
hey, thanks for this awesome addition to the game!

I had the same problem as the cribs and changing table dropping from queue as many have stated, however, i couldn't even click on the items to move or delete them afterwards. it always said 'can't move item in use'

i haven't downloaded the new version yet to test it, but i still have yet to remove the cribs from the house, even after i restarted the game.

if this problem was already addressed with the update, then i apologize for the redundancy... ahah

You need to remove the former versions. If it says it's already in use then use the moveobjects on cheat to delete the item.

To activate this cheat click control plus C type in moveobjects on.
Instructor
#38 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 4:24 PM
This is really useful! A well deserved featuring, thank you!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:28 PM
I'm very sorry that I still don't stop complaining (), but in the new version the shadows of the small items on the changing table aren't right, it looks like they are floating.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 6:34 PM
excellent idea!
Instructor
#41 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:09 AM
I have just dl it and it works well with one exception. The toddler wakes up many times in the night instead of sleeping through until 6am. I can't remember if I have a hack for this for the other cribs or not. Could you tell me if you have the same happening to you? Otherwise, thank you for the marvelous idea, specially the changing table.
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
I have just dl it and it works well with one exception. The toddler wakes up many times in the night instead of sleeping through until 6am. I can't remember if I have a hack for this for the other cribs or not. Could you tell me if you have the same happening to you? Otherwise, thank you for the marvelous idea, specially the changing table.

If other sims are waking up the toddler this will happen with any crib. There is a hack that keeps toddler and children sleeping until 6 am, but that hack most likely only works for the maxis cribs. I'll check into this.
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 7:51 AM Last edited by rebecah : 28th Jul 2007 at 8:11 AM.
I tested this with squinge's hack and found that my toddlers did get up constantly. So there does seem to be a conflict with this.

I will see if there is anything I can do to work around the conflict. I do believe that squinge's hack was not ment to be used with seasons. I believe it's only for up to EP3.

Hopefully Inge will find a solution for us. She knows far more about these things than I do.

I do think it may have something to do with the game and the way it tells time. I know that one of the EP changed from a 24 hour clock to a 12 hour and I believe it's not consistent with different languages.

I searched wiki and found that Inge has the hack once a toddler is asleep in his crib after 8pm, he should stay asleep until 6am unless he is extremely hungry. My code uses the Sleeper Done Sleeping and doesn't call the global code for this item. I will try to change my code to use the global portion of this so that hopefully it will work for those that use Inge's hack.

Inge's hack along with many other great hacks can be found here:
http://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Childcare.htm
Test Subject
#44 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:25 PM
Thank you very much, such a wonderful idea!
Instructor
#45 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 2:17 AM
You are right, it is Inge's hack I am using. I had it for years and years. It works for all cribs as it is a global hack. At least it should! I don't have Seasons EP. Nothing is waking the toddler up as everybody else is also sleeping. As for the changed times, ever since installing Celebration Stuff the clock changed to a 24 hours one. It would be great if you could fix this rebecah as otherwise I'd have to delete your one tile crib.
Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 4:09 AM
You are right, it is Inge's hack I am using. I had it for years and years. It works for all cribs as it is a global hack. At least it should! I don't have Seasons EP. Nothing is waking the toddler up as everybody else is also sleeping. As for the changed times, ever since installing Celebration Stuff the clock changed to a 24 hours one. It would be great if you could fix this rebecah as otherwise I'd have to delete your one tile crib.

I did fix it please download the new update. July 28,2007 version! But I did find when I tested this that I had Inge's and used squinge's hack at the same time and that was causing the toddlers to wake up constantly.

The new version is compatiable with both hacks now.
Instructor
#47 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 1:33 AM
Thanks rebecah, I will test it tomorrow. No toddler at the moment and not much time to play today. Also I will test the other 1 tile crib at the same time. Keep up the good work. I do enjoy your creations.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 1:50 AM
congrats on being featured, you most definately deserve it! love your work.
Instructor
#49 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:22 AM
Thanks rebecah, I will test it tomorrow. No toddler at the moment and not much time to play today. Also I will test the other 1 tile crib at the same time. Keep up the good work. I do enjoy your creations.

Well, I have tested them with mixed results. The toddler slept through the night on the mat but NOT in the 1-tile crib. Looks like you have to do the same thing with it as with the mat. Don't worry, we'll get there!!

Edit*, another thing. After waking up from the mat at 6am, the zzzzz are still surrounding the child like he was still sleeping. It stays there for hours. Please could you do something about that too?
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 5:29 AM
Well, I have tested them with mixed results. The toddler slept through the night on the mat but NOT in the 1-tile crib. Looks like you have to do the same thing with it as with the mat. Don't worry, we'll get there!!

Edit*, another thing. After waking up from the mat at 6am, the zzzzz are still surrounding the child like he was still sleeping. It stays there for hours. Please could you do something about that too?

I will do my best to get all the bugs fixed. Thank so very much for testing these for me and for letting me know about the problems you are having.
Page 2 of 5