Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Little Mermaid

by marie_fay Posted 29th Nov 2007 at 3:32 PM - Updated 23rd Sep 2010 at 9:13 AM by marie_fay : edited links

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 5:07 PM
I don't supose you'll be making your version of the new siren hair for blonde, black and red? *looks hopeful*

Beautiful job.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 8:32 PM
The New siren hair is already completely recoloured.... I think I've got about 9 different colours... some are natural, some are strange...
I'm going to do recolours of all hairs (except probably the rose mermaid updo)... But you'll have to wait..... School is being a pain..... -.-

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 12:16 AM
Pretty nice! Thank you!

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Field Researcher
#29 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 4:20 AM
So much work went into this! Great job!
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 4:19 PM
wow, thank you for the photo story, I read it with excitement! Great picture taking!
I like the cover picture so much, it's so adorable and meaningful!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 8:39 PM
I really enjoyed the story! Thank you for posting it.

If I ever need to download mermaid's this is the first place I'll look.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 4:23 PM
Wow...wow...I think this is my favorite mermaid submission so far! I LOVE this. Fantastic!!

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 9:31 PM
I really enjoyed reading it! Lovely pictures as well. Well done marie, it was a delight!

btw you got my vote

Silver's Sim Stuff - My sim stories and a lil bit o' custom content
Field Researcher
#34 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 1:05 AM
This is amazing, Thank You.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 3:22 PM
Wow, these are AWESOME!

Rainbow Street: colourful starter homes.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 2:03 AM Last edited by MasyMouse : 15th Dec 2007 at 8:59 AM.
Every time i read the little mermaid my heart aches for her Great clothing, i adore it! you did a magnificant job with the story and the content it's self! what tail and hair did you use on the mermaid on the front picture, with her sitting on the rock?

Also, there is no empire dress.zip! ahhhhh i love the clothes but the way you set everything out is very confusing

"She says 'Is beauty all that matters?' and you say 'What else is there?!' You should write a book; how to offend women in five syllables or less."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 10:39 AM
oh! sorry! Thank you for pointing that out... I just edited the post.... it's not "empire dresses" but "regency dresses"....

The tail on the front picture is the silver one and the hair is the New Siren hair.... I'm going to upload recolours of the hairs now...

Thank you for the compliment ;]

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 8:29 PM
i love how you put everything together! beautiful mermaids

wow, i had heard the original story was depressing, but jeez..

What a lovely way to burn
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 11:17 PM
That was really great, you did a wonderful job telling the true story AND with your creations -- bravo
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 9:14 PM
wow, absolutely stunning. I would never expect one of my favourite fairy tales would be brought to life like this...thanks, and these are truly wonderful creations!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 4:48 AM
PeggySim Mesh #0056 for the Wedding Dress
Um, I looked at everything/everywhere on PeggySims (nb., the site's name is changing to PeggyZone) that might-be-or-lead-to the mesh #0056 that you used for the wedding-gown---even through the 'pay' section.

So, unless I am looking at the shot of the wedding-outfit and just seeing a long skirt whilst your picture is actually of a wedding pant-suit (duh?)(that is, my view of your picture is totally delusional---and, after all, I am a proper Religious Sister and and would never delude about, say, Harrison Ford or someone. Period.) (no; me---I gotta delude about skirts... like I'm not already wearing umpteen full-length woolen gowns as part of my order's Habit---am I a noodle or what???), then there just isn't a gown-mesh numbered anything like #0056 (besides, the pant-suit is pay, and the mesh is #00056; is this significant?).

Also, you mentioned that you did not know if any of the meshes were pay---you have paid subscriptions(!!!) to ALL those sites??!!

::hum::---not actually complaining, just astonished! (I took that vow of perpetual poverty of my own free will, after all... )

Maetel of La Metalle
(email from an abandoned planet)
~~Power corrupts. Absolute Power is---kind of neat.

Quote:
I remember when 'Saturns' were space-rockets, not cars...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:17 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't update the clothes meshes when peggy changed to peggyzone.... thank you for pointing that out :]

^^ your little rant there was quite amusing.... maybe only because I didn't understand everything ^^ but hihi ^^

Of course I don't have paid subscription to anything... there are ways... but this is an unspeakable on mts2 ;]

The new wedding gown mesh is here: http://www.peggyzone.com/html/Item20402__0014.html at the very bottom.... with my favourite number yayyy : ID: #02470

I hope your eyes will deceive you no more with this mesh ;]

Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 6:22 AM
I don't know if I am missing something, it has been a long day, but for the "long flowing" hair mesh, the link seems to go to a page of recolors, and I can't find the actual mesh on the site. Has this link also gotten messed up since it was originally posted?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 2:28 PM
you're right, the actual hair got moved.... I edited the link.... I don't know why, but peggy doesn't upload her meshes seperately anymore... At least she didn't do so for this mesh.... You'll just have to download her recolour... the mesh is included in that file...

Instructor
#45 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 12:21 AM
I forgot how sad the original story was, and you brought it to life beautifully. The wedding gown is especially gorgeous.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 3:04 AM
i didn't download your content, but i really liked the story! you told it the way it's SUPPOSED to be told, with a SAD ending haha oh and http://img60554.pictiger.com/images/13232605/ (the first pic), i just laughed out loud coz i knew how you did that.. hug-->leap into arms/toast and then photoshop the dude.. anyway GREAT JOB on creating the mermaids & supplying the REAL story!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 2:06 AM
WOW. Amazing work, all of it. I'm downloading the dresses (and the suits) 'cos the denizens of my Regency neighborhood are always in need of more clothes.
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:23 PM
This is amazing, I love this story, although I've never seen the disney version for some reason.....
I love the pictures, they must have taken a long time to prepare and organise XD

Also, a quick question, the files on this download, do they contain the mesh for the tail, or do i need to get it somewhere else first?

Pleased to be meeting you.... :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 12:52 PM
no meshes were included... I'm glad you like it :]

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 10th May 2008 at 2:14 AM
I really like the pouffy-based mermaid dress, but this is on TSR and it is a pay item.
I downloaded a LOT of hair meshes and so forth to try and get the correct ones in all the numerous places (This WILL be the LAST item I download that I have to do multiple other sites for in order to locate meshes!).
The work is very nice... but as politely as I know how to put it... I find presentations of beautiful items, requiring multiple trips to locate poorly named meshes,etc... to be very... off-putting.
Thank you
Gillian
Page 2 of 4