Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted : Risky WooHoo

by sweatm Posted 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:22 PM - Updated 15th Oct 2008 at 9:30 PM by Christy1077

344 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 341 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 14
Field Researcher
#101 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 10:11 PM
the newest version is working great for me!

almost lost Nina though, took her to a community lot for some public woohoo and by the time she got home her needs had dropped to much and her sister Dina had to plead for her life lol so becareful taking possible pregnant women to community lots

I am loving the fact that I'm not sure who the daddy is! and afterwards I plan to sever the tie between daddy and child because as far as I'm concerned Nina has no clue who the daddy is, so how could the daddy and child know ;D

I tried out the 35% files but decided to switch back to the 5% since 35% seems to risky (the females _always_ got pregnant quickly, almost as bad as "try for baby" which gets them pregnant 99% of the time on my computer)
I may adjust the 5% to 10 or 15% though lol
Test Subject
#102 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GwydionOak
Just curious about something....what IS the % chance of a pregancy (in real life) if you have "raw" sex? Has to be more than 5% ...anyway it would be fun to set the risky woo hoo to that percentage.

I was just looking into this question. The problem with determining one specific percentage is that there are so many factors that determine the risk probability. Some of the factors are: Time of the month of the "act" (there are, according to a recent study, about 2 days in the month when a woman is most likely to become pregnant, which fall about 14 days into her cycle. If she is of average fertility and does "the act" with someone of average fertility on one of those 2 days (without using birth control) then she has about a 30% chance of becoming pregnant. Those are pretty low odds, considering the fact that only 2 days out of the month does she have a 30% chance of becoming pregnant); Age of the woman (the older a woman gets, the less fertile she becomes); Medications being taken; Stress level; Caffeine intake.

There are other factors, but these are the ones I have often seen mentioned.
I think that 5% sounds about right, if not a little high, for an average risk for a couple who is not specifically trying to have a baby and who may or may not be using birth control.

I do love this hack. Makes for a much more interesting game with fun surprises.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 3:05 PM
Thank you for the 35% version. I haven't extensively testing the 5%, but I prefer odds to be a bit higher anyway.

Much appreciated. Now Don should REALLY be scared.
Test Subject
#104 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 8:31 PM
Out of curiosity, does this also make pregnancy possible from woohoo at the male's house? I know there are other mods that do this. I don't care one way or another--so this isn't a request or anything--I'm just curious.
Test Subject
#105 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 9:11 PM
Okay here goes, how do you change the percentage with SimPe, I read what someone posted but it was not very thorough it told what to change it to but not what to change...Also I have tried what you said to get the pregnant belly and never did, I didn't think actual teen meshes could have the belly? Am I wrong? I am so confused...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#106 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 9:18 PM
Quote:
Okay here goes, how do you change the percentage with SimPe, I read what someone posted but it was not very thorough it told what to change it to but not what to change...

I would recommend downloading the 5% and 35% chance versions. Then, open the behavior files in SimPE and compare what changed. The changed row is the row that calls op code 0X0250. It is in a different place in each hack.
Test Subject
#107 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 1:15 AM
My sim got pregnant after 1 woohoo! amazing! thank you.
#108 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 3:26 AM
Will try this tomorrow. Thanks
Test Subject
#109 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 6:39 AM
I like that it's 5%. In real life the odds of someone using birth control correctly having an accidental pregnancy are so low (0.01%) that there would be no point in even making a hack that resembled real life odds. So even though 5% is 500 times higher than real life odds, it's better that way since this gives an actual risk.
Test Subject
#110 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 10:19 PM Last edited by tanluv : 9th Feb 2005 at 5:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BROOKE99INFINITI
Okay here goes, how do you change the percentage with SimPe, I read what someone posted but it was not very thorough it told what to change it to but not what to change...Also I have tried what you said to get the pregnant belly and never did, I didn't think actual teen meshes could have the belly? Am I wrong? I am so confused...

THis is For anyone that wants to edit the percent with SimPE

1.open the hack
2.click behavior function under 'packed files' and then click 'plugin view'
3.Now scroll down with the scroll bar on the far right of the screen in the plugin view.
4. now to the left of the screen under plugin view you will see some rectangular boxes.
5.scroll down through the boxes and find and double-click the box that says 'Pregnancy- Try to'..when it lights up blue, look to the right under
'instruction settings'
6.Now look at the small boxes next to the word 'Operands'. In the last box in this row is where you change the percent for the hack. It will currently say 05 (5%).
7. now, to change the percent, you type the number(s) and or letter(s) in the left column below that correspond to the percent that you want:

05 - 5%
0A - 10%
0F - 15%
14 - 20%
19 - 25%
1E - 30%
23 - 35%
28 - 40%
2D - 45%
32 - 50%
37 - 55%
3C - 60%
41 - 65%
46 - 70%
4B - 75%
50 - 80%
55 - 85%
5A - 90%
5F - 95%
6F - 100%
8. in the bottom right of the plugin screen press 'commit file' then save or save as.( i recommend 'save as', so that you have the edited file and the original file)

***(2/9/05) Note** if you 'save as', make sure you put the edited file in your download folder and not the original one!!
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 11:00 PM
This is great....It works perfectly for me in my game....I've only had this hack for a few days and already i have had a pregnancy from regular woohoo-ing....It's great, so a big big thank you for this one.

-RabidAngel

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 11:13 PM
Great Hack! Works perfect! Love the idea of playing "who's your daddy" with the quiet pregnancy option. Well done!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 11:24 PM
I just had my first "rushed" wedding if you know what I mean! It was soooo much fun! Really forces perfection nuts like me off the beaten path and to play differently. One of my favorite mods. :D
Test Subject
#114 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 2:19 AM
One of my sim women went over to her lovers house for a little on the side, and I guess it must've made her pregnant, because she doesn't get the option of 'try for baby' anymore. The problem is that even though she is pregnant its not showing .. no tummy, no morning sickness, nothing and it doesnt look like the baby's ever going to be born since its been 4 days since it happened.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 5:22 AM
dangerusgem: Moving the sim to a different house will :bump: them out of a stuck pregnancy. Or you could delete them and exit out to the neighbourhood, when you come back in she should enter the next stage of pregnancy. Or InSiminator can accelerate a pregnancy and that will make her enter the next stage, but you need to remember to de-accelerate the pregnancy or she will give birth in a matter of Sim hours

Also - don't forget that older sim ladiess loose the option to try for a baby as they approach elderhood.
Test Subject
#116 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 6:15 AM
I'm using this hack, had several "woohoo's" in different houses and no unwanted preg's.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:26 AM
Hi again...
I just downloaded the quiet pregnancy hack yesterday and put it into my game...
My sim woman became pregnant after a woohoo, and i still heard the "baby bells"..can someone advise me as to why this would be happening? The other hack obviously worked so i'm not sure why this one didn't...Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-RabidAngel

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com
#118 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 2:36 AM
Does anyone know if this mod will work with the Pregnancy4All mod? 'Cause it'd be great if it would; surprises for my girl/girl couples, too! But as long as it won't conflict with that mod, I can still use it, so no big. I'd just like to know, so I can be prepared if it does.
Test Subject
#119 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 4:49 AM Last edited by mhorton : 6th Feb 2005 at 4:59 AM.
Reading through all this, seems some people are confused. The way I understand this mod, you can still choose "have a baby" (or the corsponding option if other hack are involved), this would be like intentionally not using birth control in real life, and would have a higher chance of resulting in pregnancy. Or you can choose regular WooHoo, and have a 5% chance. I don't think that is an unreasonable number. Birth control does fail, I thought the percentage was a little higher that what some were saying, but I didn't check. But there is also user error, miscalculation ("We don't need BC, it not that time in the cycle" - "oops I guess it was..."), and just forgetting in the heat of the moment. Anyway, there is no need to have it at 60% or whatever, thats what the "try for baby" option is for.
The odds would change a lot depending on many variables, but that would be far to complicated to try to simulate, so 5% seems good to me.
Also, do the math. 5% mean it will succeed (on average) 1 time out of every 20 attempts. You can't try it 4 or 5 times, then say the hack doesn't work. You can't even do it 20 times and know. (If you did it 40 times and the 39th and 40th were successful, its still 5%.)
Anyway, thanks for this, I'll try it out. I've been thinking they should have made the game that way in the first place, I'm glad I found this.
Test Subject
#120 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 8:40 AM
Thanks PrivateSim I didnt notice how close to becoming an elder she was, so i just made her 10 days younger with SimPE and all is working fine now.

dangerusgem
Test Subject
#121 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 2:47 PM
In first post I saw QuietPregnancy.zip.
It means that you can abort pregnancy? Right?

Why do you steel need this one file?
Test Subject
#122 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Olena
In first post I saw QuietPregnancy.zip.
It means that you can abort pregnancy? Right?

Why do you steel need this one file?

No, it means that you won't hear the baby music if your Sim becomes pregnant. So you won't know for sure if she is pregnant.
Test Subject
#123 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 7:26 PM
Does QuietPregnancy effect the Try For a baby option?
Test Subject
#124 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tanluv
Does QuietPregnancy effect the Try For a baby option?

Yes, it does.
#125 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 3:05 PM
It worked the first time my sim woohooed! I downloaded all but the "silent" and "public" features but oddly enough, I didn't know she preggie until she threw up. There was no music, even though I didn't download the silent chimes option. Is this normal?

I'm glad it didn't chime though; the pregnancy was a COMPLETE suprise to me and I'm really happy about it

Thanks so much!

~tomi
Page 5 of 14