Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cash Register Trainer (Global Mod version) - *UPD 07 NOV 2008*

by Numenor Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 12:37 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2008 at 10:21 AM by Numenor : UPDATE: Faster skilling + OK with FT and AL

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 4:21 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I downloaded and installed and sucessfully used this with a child, in a business, after I installed Seasons.

I have all EPs and family fun installed.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:06 AM Last edited by Numenor : 11th Mar 2007 at 11:36 AM.
Thank you ToniDale I too have tested it in Seasons, and worked fine for me, too.

BTW, I've found a curious side effect (not only in Seasons, but in any game): if your sim visits a community lot, where there is a cashier, your sim can practice with the cash register, while the cashier tries to push you away!

(Click to enlarge)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 5:19 AM
Hey Numenor

Pescado's diffhack tool also reported the following possible changes;

Quote:
p 0x7FDE81DC 0x0001 name unsupported
S 0x7FDE81DC 0x0082 name unsupported

I didn't investigate myself to confirm if these are legitimate changes, but I thought I would mention them, in case you might actually need to update.

Ste
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 2:35 AM
Thanks Syberspunk You do a job that I should do myself, if only I could find the time -
I've compared the TTAB/TTAs from Seasons with the original one from OFB (the one that my mod is based on), and I couldn't find any difference. And the two STR# 0x82 (child animations) look identical too. It seems a false alarm, then; but thank you anyway: it's always better to check

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 4:16 PM
This is absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 11:36 AM
Loving your work as usual!

Im Simalicious, baby! ;)
Field Researcher
#57 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Thanks Syberspunk

<snip>

it's always better to check

No problem Numenor. Anytime. I know what it's like to be pretty busy. And I know how hectic things can get everytime a new EP comes out, and people keep asking/demanding updates. It always takes me sometime to go through all my hacks and check which ones are compatible and which ones might need updating.

I always start with my own, and move on to other modders. I'm glad to report things, just in case people might be wondering or maybe the original creator hasn't had time to check themselves. I figure at best it can help, and at worst it saves time some time, so the original creator can maybe focus on only looking at certain things, even if only to confirm no update is needed.

I love a lot of your hacks and I like that you have a lot of fixes for just normal everyday stuff that otherwise people might not notice. They definitely help, because those tiny things, even with just furniture not matching or windows not lining up properly, they can add up to a lot of annoyance from Maxis EA. So it is a great relief to have your fixes.

Keep up the great work. Cheers!

Ste
Test Subject
#58 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 11:55 PM
Thank you so much!!! *bows*
Field Researcher
#59 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 8:39 PM
Default thanks
Was just hoping the other day for this, great idea.
Thanks.
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 8:46 AM
Oooh, you're an absolute genius! Thank you!
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:15 PM
Nice! I also hate the fact that your Sims are really bad at the cash register, I always wanted a way to practice. And now there is!
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 10:24 AM
THANK YOU!
i been looking forever for a mod like this!
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 12:21 AM
awesome now when my cashier opens the register he won't jump back like he's scared of the drawer
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 23rd May 2007 at 6:38 AM
Very clever. Thank you for this one.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 6:17 PM
Awesome idea

Check out my uploads here at MTS2.
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 11:17 PM
This is great.I hate watching them fumble around when trying to ring someone up.
Test Subject
#67 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:58 PM
Ok, I don't know if its my computer, but i can't download it. when i run the sims 2 OFB, I enabled it, but whenever i click on the cash registers, practice isn't an option. I've tried uninstalling, and then downloading it again, and nothing seems to work. any suggestions?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 10:18 AM
It seems that you haven't installed correctly this hack. If you have problems installing (or downloading) it, use the Q-Xpress.
Double check your Downloads folder: you should have a file named "Numenor_CashRegisterTraining_GLOBAL-MOD.package" (size: 15.3 KB)

Instructor
#69 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 8:55 PM
Thank You! I never really have had my Sims own businesses because of the very thing this avoids. Now my Sims can have their skills on the cash register long before I send em in to have a business. Thank You, thank you, thank you! *hugs and kisses*

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 1:53 AM
what is an OFB? l love this by the way thanks
Test Subject
#71 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:41 PM
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 6:27 AM
Thanks for not overlooking another important aspect of the sims2. Excellent job!!! Close to reality and relieves the shoppers frustration on the community lots. With the sleep and cashier mod on community lots, you can become King/Queen of sims2 business. BiG THanks!!!

WM64

LOTR Sauron: "Time??, What time do you think we have?"
Test Subject
#73 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:14 PM
HAR, I love that last pic:

"Um, excuse me, sir...?"
"Huh? Oh, sorry, I was just practicing, I'll be done in a few hours."
"Um... I'm sorry, sir, but I'm going to have to ask you to go to the other side of the counter."
"What? But... but I was practicing..."

XD I love this mod! This was the most annoying part of the business for me. It took me one day on my last job to learn all the ins and outs of the cash register. So unrealistic. I'm so happy they can practice now without ruining the budding business's reputation! Thanks much :D
Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 1:44 PM
Hey Numenor! It's working with free time?
Test Subject
#75 Old 29th May 2008 at 3:33 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been said... Wonderful as always. I have a lovely curio shop but rarely play due to just this. I am looking forward to using this. This is just an example of why you are one of my fave creators.

Thanks,
V
Page 3 of 5