Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Zelda Objects - Ruby/Sapp Update Mar25

by Saikatsu Posted 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:48 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2005 at 5:28 AM by Saikatsu

124 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 12:07 AM
I've been trying to get the Emerald to work but so far I'm just not having any luck getting it to work... :\
#52 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 4:24 AM
I love these I gave it a 5!
Banned
#53 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:53 PM
hmmm....what mesh editor are you useing? milkshape? is it a free one or a buyable? give me the name I might be able to help.(yes I took a little bit of advanced computer programing and 3D editing in high school. I enjoyed useing the PC.).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 7:53 AM
The problem doesn't lie in making the model, I can do that just fine. It's the SimPE portion that's messing me up. In version .15 or something I was able to do the first two, but in .17 and up the object model doesn't show up in game. :\
Test Subject
#55 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 12:27 AM
you should make an ocirina of time, mojora's mask, zora deku and goron mask as well!!
you know from majora's mask for n64?
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 8:01 PM
hmmm.......a few things, are you giving it its own Guid? are you editing every things you must? or are you leaving out any steps? or should you just get the newer version of the MTS2 mesh tool and read (if there is one) the newer tutorial?

by the way do you think you could mesh the Uni gutar to look lke the zora gutar?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deadly_love
hmmm.......a few things, are you giving it its own Guid? are you editing every things you must? or are you leaving out any steps? or should you just get the newer version of the MTS2 mesh tool and read (if there is one) the newer tutorial?

by the way do you think you could mesh the Uni gutar to look lke the zora gutar?

Yes, the problem is that the versions of SimPE after .15 aren't working the same. The problem isn't in the MeshTool, it's in SimPe. What happens is that NO model shows up, and the thumbnail says "No Pic."

I don't have University so no. I don't have any interest in getting it, currently. I need to see a full listing of new additions first. If I get it, I may consider remeshing it. I'll have to drag Majora's Mask and take a large amount of screenshots, and then I'll need help texturing it. I'm really bad at creating textures. These jewels' texture maps are actually made from renders through 3DS, I can't do that with a weird looking guitar.
Test Subject
#58 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 2:56 AM
well Uni has some great things if you can wait a few min I can give you a PM
Test Subject
#59 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 2:57 AM
can you make these EP ready? and look for a tutorial.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 3:44 AM Last edited by Saikatsu : 14th Mar 2005 at 3:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by deadly_love
can you make these EP ready? and look for a tutorial.

I can't do that until I can figure out the newer versions of SimPe. I did follow the tutorial for versions after .15 and they didn't work. :\ So I have absolutely no idea how to create objects with versions after .15.

EDIT: Okay... apparently stuff made with .15 and up are EP ready. So I'm fine there. o_o I can't test it out myself, though, since I do not have University.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 10:33 AM
O M G. This is soo nice! How about some Majora Masks on the wall ?
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 11:01 AM
THANK YOU! ZELDA IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!! (next to the sims )
#63 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 5:18 PM
wowza thats awesome Im looking foreward to any other zelda objects on this site
#64 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 5:34 PM
great job man i was waiting for someone to make something from zelda....mabey the naxt thing you make could be the master sword and the triforce.or mabey a compleat statue of link or zelda...lol.......good luck and happy hunting
Test Subject
#65 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 6:34 PM
OMG!I loved that game I usually spent all day playing it lol Great work But I hate to say I cant handle rar Files =(
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 7:02 PM
Already working on a wall-mounted Master Sword. The model's just about ready, I think I finished cutting all my square polygons into triangles...
It'd be nice if I didn't have to crank up the brightness on my matd to make them show up right. I dunno if it's just cause I'm going through 3DS or what. (That's where I originally made the objects.)
I'll attempt to do a mask or two after I get the Master Sword working. I'm hoping to be able to make it shiny. <3

Quote: Originally posted by Waltman580
OMG!I loved that game I usually spent all day playing it lol Great work But I hate to say I cant handle rar Files =(

Get WinRAR. It's free. Should be at http://www.rarlabs.com/
Uploading zips in addition to rars just wastes space, and rar is a better compression format anyway.
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by camgirllesb
PS: To extract the missing files Start SimPE, go to Object Workshop an then CLONE the foodfruitbowl then export the missing files. May be (cause so much are missing) it´s easier to import your 3 files "Material Definition" "Material Override" and "Texture Image" to the cloned foodfruitbowl. Don´t forget to change the Guids and Groups. PS: To create a new Object your Startfile is allways a CLONED Object - never a recoulored like you do...
I am sorry but you are totaly wrong, Thats the recolor!
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 11:05 PM
*tackle* these are sooooooo cool! I LOVE Zelda. Can you make a Link teddy bear too?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dianova
*tackle* these are sooooooo cool! I LOVE Zelda. Can you make a Link teddy bear too?

Thank you :3;

I have problems when it comes to modeling humanoid characters, so I'm gonna have to say no, unless you mean just like dressing a bear as Link. o_O The bear has a skeleton of its own, and I dunno if I can correctly mess with that or not.

I've added a render of the Master Sword mesh to the first post, just so people can at least see what it looks like. I'll try getting it into an object file a little later tonight.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 5:42 AM
Okay... I hope I don't get yelled at for double posting or anything here. Cause it's been days. >>; I've updated the Ruby and Sapphire, they SHOULD work in the EP now. Lemme know if they're still broken.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 5:49 AM
PLEASE! make the triforce! i want it sooooo badly
#72 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 11:10 PM
good to see you took my advice and EP readyed them.
Test Subject
#73 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 2:08 AM Last edited by KWDWK : 27th Mar 2005 at 2:11 AM.
i d/led them before the update and they didn't work but i re-d/led them and now they work perfectly! great job Saikatsu!

Edit: Im a big Zelda fan and i can't wait for your next item! (also so i have EP so... they work with EP lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drill
good to see you took my advice and EP readyed them.

I thought they were already EP ready before, actually. I don't have it so I couldn't test to verify for myself. o_x
Test Subject
#75 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 10:28 AM
dude this rocks i cant wait to put it into my game ive waited for so long for somthing to do with zelda and as you seem intrested y dont you make a master sword sticking out of the temple stone.. sorry if i insult you

Quote:
life's a sim then you die
Page 3 of 5