Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Zelda Objects - Ruby/Sapp Update Mar25

by Saikatsu Posted 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:48 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2005 at 5:28 AM by Saikatsu

124 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
#26 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 9:30 AM
Yes, i download "RachelR_ZoraSapphire_Red.package" but there is no other file to dowmload - that´s the file I get by Clicking the link.
#27 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 9:43 AM
Ups.. sorry, now I found the othe Package - yes, you got it... in the File Object Data you can change the Lights and Brightness of your object.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#28 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 9:50 AM
Saikatsu:
As for the "dark" look, open the Material Definition and find the entry named "stdMatEmissiveCoef"; its current value is "0,0,0". Change it to "0.5,0.5,0.5" and you'll have the result shown in picture (I haven't edited the recolor, and so it still looks dark; but you have to edit it, as well).

The "stdMatEmissiveCoef" tweaks the "inner light" effect of the object (max value: 1,1,1); this "inner light" will be clear white as long as the three values are identical. You can use different values to give a particular colour to the inner light (the first parameter tweaks the red component, the second the green and the last the blue).

Mind that the object will *not* actually cast light around! It's just an effect.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 10:17 AM
Oooh, that is a lot better...
I may have a go at the 6 Medallions...
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:44 PM
YES! Now my Zelda family can have a Zora Saphire! You rule... great modelling work, the darkness isn't too bad. It looks so authentic Great idea.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by numenor
Saikatsu:
As for the "dark" look, open the Material Definition and find the entry named "stdMatEmissiveCoef"; its current value is "0,0,0". Change it to "0.5,0.5,0.5" and you'll have the result shown in picture (I haven't edited the recolor, and so it still looks dark; but you have to edit it, as well).

The "stdMatEmissiveCoef" tweaks the "inner light" effect of the object (max value: 1,1,1); this "inner light" will be clear white as long as the three values are identical. You can use different values to give a particular colour to the inner light (the first parameter tweaks the red component, the second the green and the last the blue).

Mind that the object will *not* actually cast light around! It's just an effect.

Ohh, much better! <3 Thank you very much for that! Now I just need to fix the whole thumbnail issue, can't seem to figure that one out. I'll update the attached file in a moment, then I'll be starting on getting the Goron Ruby ready.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 8:31 PM
YES! All we need now is an ocorina and an emerald and my life is ABSOLUTELY complete!

*goes to make triforce wallpaper*
Banned
#33 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 3:21 PM
wicked!!!!!as you can tell from my User name I LOVE ZELDA but can you make the emerald???and the 6 madallions? oh and the links blade.....Oh and maby a hanging light that looks like navi
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda_fan7
wicked!!!!!as you can tell from my User name I LOVE ZELDA but can you make the emerald???and the 6 madallions? oh and the links blade.....Oh and maby a hanging light that looks like navi

I didn't get around to making the Emerald back when I did the Sapphire and Ruby, but I started on it yesterday. :3 I'll have it posted as soon as it's complete. As for the medallions, I think that's a possibility, provided I can get good pictures of each one. I may have to run throught the game with GameShark codes so I can get shots of him holding them up... at least I think he does. It's been a while since I played OoT normally, rofl. After beating it twice I started tinkering with fun things. I may just make them flat and make each medallion a recolor so as not to clog up the catalog with so many objects.

A Navi light might be interesting... worth a try, sure. I will definately do something with the Master Sword, since I have that modeled already.
#35 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:44 PM
Default nice
This is great. Reminds me of those good times playing the game. :D
#36 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 11:32 PM
could you make in ZIP. format please
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chuckysim2
could you make in ZIP. format please
zip is inferior to RAR. Just get WinRAR or something (rarlabs.com I believe). It'd be wasting space to upload it again in a different compression format.
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 6:49 AM
WooHoo! now if we could get an N64 Emulator for the little sister PC, we'd be all set :smash:
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 9:04 AM
oh man once you finish with the kokiri emerald, you should SO make the master sword, a link skin, have some of the masks from MM in there, the fishbone guitar once university comes out *faints from nostolgia*
Forum Resident
#40 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 4:55 PM
Cool nice love the colors too. Thank you. Make more colors please? Great for casstles. Thanks.
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 5:06 PM
wow these are nice why not make a few more the emerald the medalons.......maby the ocorina?
Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RamenRonin
oh man once you finish with the kokiri emerald, you should SO make the master sword, a link skin, have some of the masks from MM in there, the fishbone guitar once university comes out *faints from nostolgia*

lol I agree she should make somthing from MM not many people liked it but I loved it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 8:53 PM Last edited by Saikatsu : 14th Feb 2005 at 8:57 PM.
I love how people don't notice that I already said I'm making the Emerald and the medallions. :|
I'll give the Mask of Majora a shot. No promises there.

I have the mesh and texture for the Kokiri Emerald ready, but the new tutorial posted for it is NOT WORKING, the model doesn't show up in game. So until someone can post a tutorial that actually WORKS, I'm not able to get the Emerald up, or the Master Sword. -_-
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 10:29 PM
ohh sorry I did not see that I just saw this and gave it a small look over sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deadly_love
ohh sorry I did not see that I just saw this and gave it a small look over sorry.

It's alright. :3

I just hope that I can get the Emerald working so I can redo the other two and make them EP compatible. @_@
Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 4:23 PM
hmmmm........the emerald would be the hardest due to the shape.......I wounder if there is a way to do the gold spiral around the green part.....will be hard....
Test Subject
#47 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 9:48 PM
Its so nice i just had to download it
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 1:28 AM
I am waiting for the whole set I like jewels....jewels are a girls best friend.
#49 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:10 AM
Any new word on the Kokiri Emerald?
Banned
#50 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 11:34 PM
this is nice I searched for Sapphire and this came up.
Page 2 of 5