Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ponytail mesh for Men (Teens and Adults) for those without Unniversity!

by nukascrue Posted 9th Mar 2005 at 3:41 AM

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 2:56 AM
Hi, can someone do a recolor of the no bangs version in black? That'd be cool if someone would.
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 5:48 AM
Ooh, this is very nice! I'm gonna have to give it a try...

...and now I'm intruiged, has anyone made a pigtails mesh for the adult male? I'd love that in my own little twisted way. <3
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 7:58 PM
This amazing. I've been waiting for this since I tried to make my friend Bryan. Now if only someone would do it in brown for me.....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 9:24 PM
Argh! I wrote a reply to this yesterday, but it seems to have vanished... must have timed out or something while I was sending it. Glad that everyone seems to be enjoying it thus far! I take it there have been no major issues? I actually think I know what might be causing the little error in the back and might be able to touch it up later. We'll have to see.

As for re-colors... I'll see what I can do. I could at least get the defaults up for you on my personal webspace. I meant to do that but got caught up in abusing an uncooperative mesh.

Bink13y: Well, that plaid mesh is pretty sweet.
Public Enema #2
#30 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrschrispine
This amazing. I've been waiting for this since I tried to make my friend Bryan. Now if only someone would do it in brown for me.....

Listen closly you recolor fiends. Uncle Binkley is going to share a fun cheat for the non artictic.
(1) export the male pony as a BodyShop Project.
(2) export the female pony of your color choice simularly
(3)fish back to "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects" and fine the two folders. change the bitmap picture file names for the female version by simply changing the letter 'F', as in:
afhair_Casual1~hair_alpha3~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp
to an 'M' as in:
amhair_Casual1~hair_alpha3~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp
The first part of all the file names describes the age then gender. just change the f in the first bit to an m.
(4) copy all the picture files. *NOT THE PACKAGE FILE* and paste them in the male ponytail folder overwriting the origionals.
Reload the male pony and tada it's recolred with no graphics work
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 4:50 AM
Default Totally Awesome
Super Great job Love it Big Raves

Thanks

******Sims 2 Fashion Boutique********
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 6:27 PM
I was playing around with the skin for the hair last night, and while I didn't notice a hairline on the back of the head, I did see one along the front while I was taking a picture of the recolor while ingame. I'm not sure if this is because of the face itself, or something else? But none of the other sims were mocking his hair or the fact that he occasionally had a clear line through his head, so it was okay for now. ^^
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 7:33 PM
Oops, okay, I did see the line on the back now that the sim was talking to someone else. Kinda turns into a big hole. O_o Maybe that's for better brain ventilation?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 1:43 AM
BRAIN VENTILATION! LOL!!! I also loved "none of the other sims were mocking his hair or the fact that he occasionally had a clear line through his head, so it was okay for now. ^^" HAHAHAH! Excellent!

Thanks for the recoloring info, I will be doing some of those as well...as long as it works with the same male/female hairmeshes like the WDS one.
Amy
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 1:48 AM
drat, i wish i could use this, but i just bought the University expansion the other day, lol.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 1:49 AM
Very good work on the mesh, though.
Instructor
#37 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bink13y
then here it is, one alphad out no bangs blond male ponytail:
http://www.wzrd.com/~binkley/weird/...ony-NoBangs.rar

Unless ofcurse your realy looking for the plaid version

Hey, I like the plaid version *grin*
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 7:40 PM
Thank you! I love longhaired men! :D
Test Subject
#39 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 3:46 AM
Default New
Hi i'm very new to modding sims2 so i was wondering if someone can tell me what to do with the package file for this hair mesh mod to be able to use it? I mean where do i place it? thanks and sorry for the newb question. :fight:
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 3:51 AM
Default same
Quote: Originally posted by lethalsim
Hi i'm very new to modding sims2 so i was wondering if someone can tell me what to do with the package file for this hair mesh mod to be able to use it? I mean where do i place it? thanks and sorry for the newb question. :fight:

Nevermind i think i got it,..hehe.
thanks anyway.
Test Subject
#41 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 9:57 PM
I would love to give this a try in game.... however the link appears to be broken? Any chance of a repost?
Test Subject
#42 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 7:05 PM
I...I think I love you... :lovestruc

If it's Courtesyof24; it's courtesy of me!
#43 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 5:28 AM
:Bows: Thank you in all your benevolence for gracing us with this wonderous mesh!! Ah, I've been looking everywhere for something like this- guys with long hair are the best! This inspires me to try similar projects of my own. Thank you again!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 7:57 PM
please submit something other than sims2pack file. thank you
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by testa
I would love to give this a try in game.... however the link appears to be broken? Any chance of a repost?

Yes please! And could I have the hair in black without the bangs? :D
#46 Old 7th May 2005 at 5:15 PM
Love it!
I love your ponytail! I don't have Uni installed so this is great! Thanks SOOOOO!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 9th May 2005 at 2:16 PM
Thank you, thank you. This is just the look one of my Sims needed for his newly acquired job as a video gamer. He looks great in it.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 1:17 AM
I'm doing a FullMrtal Alchemis dim (Ed Elric) and I need a braid, do you think you could retexture it, or something so that the ponytail, itself looks like a braid? Everything else is perfect, though.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 11:02 AM
At last! A long hair mesh for men that seems OK! I'm prompty d/ling it and I'll see it it looks ok in the game too! And the black re-color is a perfect add! Now I can finally make my sim look like me when I'm working at the lab fiddling with DNA (my PhD thesis involves extensive work on DNA! Not an ordinary sight in Greece, men with long hair doing PhD thesis in veterinary medicine!). Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 11:56 AM
*sigh*...my Quest for the Perfect Long Hair For Males continues...maybe I'm too picky, but I'm not satisfied with this mesh either. Granted, the gap between the hairline and the forehead is gone, but the forehead is just TOO DAMN LONG! No disrespect meant, you've put forth some effort and I appreciate and thank you for that, but the fact remains that I did not like the huge forehead. Keep it up, and sorry if I sounded a bit too abrupt. I hope you label my comments under "constructive criticism", because that was my intention!
Page 2 of 3