Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ep ready: Castle rooftops and more (7pieces) Now recolourable

by Brasstex Posted 30th Mar 2005 at 9:45 PM - Updated 22nd Jun 2005 at 2:14 PM by Brasstex : added a snapshot of recolours

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:05 PM Last edited by Loverat : 2nd Apr 2005 at 4:03 PM.
Wow! I like these.

Check out the latest houses at the neighborhood.
if you want people to see - then just upload a screenshot - site advertising whether it is a domain or a yahoo group isn't really the thing here
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Loverat : 2nd Apr 2005 at 4:00 PM.
zip file please

Seriously - you can run a pc, you can install a game + custom content but you can't unrar a file?
Fluffy
retired moderator
#28 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 6:50 PM
ooooh, those spires are so cool
they look kinda spooky
thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bean93
zip file please

Hi, bean. The reason that we use .rar is because it is superior to .zip, and we want to move forward. We want you to move forward with us -- there are many free .rar extractors available on the web, search google to find one easily.

Brasstex
Scholar
#30 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 7:27 PM
Its a new treasure ! Thanks,Brasstex,for this wonderful creation.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 12:50 AM
Brasstex: You genius! What else can I say?! Utterly incredible!

The piccie below originally had a different building on it, but, when I saw your fabulous castle pieces, I trashed it. I HAD to use these instead. The walkway is just fantastic. The roofs are just brilliant (I'm no good at all at creating those 'pagoda' roofs with the constrainFloorElevation cheat) and so this is just what I'd hoped for. I had some like it in Sims 1; I never dreamt I'd see any in Sims 2!!!

I'm really delighted with all these. Thanks for your brilliant, brilliant work.

PS: if I have your permission, I'd love to host this property here exclusive to MTS2 (as usual, all credits to you - after all, it's your brilliant steps, your brilliant walkway, your brilliant roof that make it...).
Screenshots
Instructor
#32 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:02 AM
Brasstex you are my favorite!
Everything that i'd dream about you make it!
Cant want for the Pipe organ!!!! I will make room for that no problem!
I made the fondation of my cathedrale ...
And because of your amazing work, We will be able to have real medieval neighborhood again! :D
Thank you for sharing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:05 AM Last edited by Brasstex : 1st Apr 2005 at 1:08 AM.
SUE: Wow, that waterfall is really nice! I like all of the rest of it too. Yeah, I don't mind if you put the property up. I haven't tried to share this stuff as a lot yet, but go for it. I personally have NO luck sharing lots, but If the custom stuff doesn't show up for everyone, at least they'll be able to get it here if they want to.

Brasstex

Tipoual: Thanks, I'm glad these are working out for you!

Brasstex
Instructor
#34 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:14 AM
u like medivel stuff dont u?.... just a guess:P

can't you make the roof using that cheat? its really long and i forget it the boolprop one.

i love the arches and walkway.... downloading now!!.... these are in the objects section right?
Instructor
#35 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:16 AM
hey cyclonesue,

how did you make the waterfall, it would go perfect with a house im making, with the amazing roof of course!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:29 AM
phat_man55, this is probably a guess but I am about 90% sure that it is terrain paints making that effect of a waterfall.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:32 AM Last edited by Brasstex : 1st Apr 2005 at 1:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by phat_man55
u like medivel stuff dont u?.... just a guess:P

can't you make the roof using that cheat?

. these are in the objects section right?

I like the medievel stuff, but I'm more of a science fiction fan personally (my favorite movie is Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind, but that's partly because I'm infatuated with the idea of a universal language, like music,[I am a musician]). You can make roofs using the constrainFloorElevation false cheat, but it's arduous, and faulty. Furthermore, the rooftops made with the cheat wont look as good and will not play as good either. You will find the rooftops in the build section of your catalogue along with the columns, etc...

Brasstex
Field Researcher
#38 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:59 AM Last edited by TheSims2Master : 1st Apr 2005 at 2:02 AM.
What's a flying buttress? Somone else said it before but I wanna know lol.
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSims2Master
What's a flying buttress? Somone else said it before but I wanna know lol.

It's a support structure sometimes put on the outside of a building to counter the outward push caused by some kinds of arches and such - think Notre Dame. Regular buttresses are basically up against the side of the building but flying buttresses only have points of attachment at the top and the bottom (often to the ground area for the bottom part) and are kind of... diagonal. There's an arch on the underside of the flying buttress structure so it's... um... well there are plenty of pics around. Here's just one I grabbed from google.
http://ah.bfn.org/a/DCTNRY/f/fly.jpg

first penguin: "you look like you're wearing a tuxedo"
second penguin: "maybe I am"
#40 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 5:31 AM
Wow this is great. Good work!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Brasstex
SUE: Wow, that waterfall is really nice! I like all of the rest of it too. Yeah, I don't mind if you put the property up. I haven't tried to share this stuff as a lot yet, but go for it. I personally have NO luck sharing lots, but If the custom stuff doesn't show up for everyone, at least they'll be able to get it here if they want to.

I know - I saw on your medieval thread (I have all those marvellous things too - and have a great castle planned for them). I think what I'll do is TELL people they'll need to download this roof set FIRST, then install the house - unless anyone wishes to experiment.

And that waterfall? It's just terrain paints (I actually made some myself for a change, with a foaming water added by nectere - they're available for download here if anyone wants those). Hence the big drop. I didn't want my Sims dumping their coffee cups and newsapapers on it in that unrealistic way of theirs.

Brasstex: I'm nominating myself your Number 1 Fan!

Sue
Forum Resident
#42 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 4:25 AM Last edited by dewshine : 2nd Apr 2005 at 4:27 AM. Reason: spelling error
Well, now that I have the medieval fair set enabled for recolors these roof pieces are my next project. Wish me luck folks. Anyone have a suggestion for the recolor texture?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 2:34 PM
I personally would love a teal colour, and a ruby red for the rooftops. I don't know about the walkway, but whatever, and the awning would look good in white and gold. You're doing a fabulous job, dewshine!

Brasstex
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 3:48 PM
Brasstex: quick update. I'm using the two 'cone' roofs and the walkway - no problems whatsoever. This is an AWESOME set! I've already uploaded a first building here (as stated, telling people they'll need to download your set first, so we'll see how that goes), and another is about to go for testing and upload later. I suddenly want to build ANYTHING needing a chateau roof. You've made my day (again)!

THANK YOU - you're brilliant!

Sue
Field Researcher
#45 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 3:50 PM
This is cool.

Do you think maybe you could make a matching floor for the walkway, so sims can walk over it without it looking weird?
Field Researcher
#46 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 7:57 PM
Beautiful!
Forum Resident
#47 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:22 PM Last edited by dewshine : 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:46 AM.
Quote:
Do you think maybe you could make a matching floor for the walkway, so sims can walk over it without it looking weird?

:howdy:
Okay...a couple of interesting things.
One, I made the matching floor for Brassex's wall texture.
Two, I enabled the entire set without a hitch.
Three, I did Brassex's requested teal and white/gold. The teal matches the tents...I don't know why, I used a texture I googled for "Teal Color" so....
I also made a wall and floor to match the 3 arch recolor.
Four, I did a test to see where the color was coming from for the square rooftops so I thought I'd share a pic of that and the texture I used. :werd:

(file is in the first post!)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#48 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:28 PM
0_o The template for the roof peices is weird.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:33 PM
LOL, yes, but not as weird as the awning for the medieval fair....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:09 AM
I've posted the recolourable package at the top of the thread now, thanks again dewshine, I really like these recolours, they all came out great and I think they really make the pieces more versatile. So thanks for doing all of the sets, you did a great job, and I appreciate it!

Brasstex
Page 2 of 5