Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - OFB Closer Family Patch

by Vagrant Posted 27th Mar 2006 at 10:14 PM - Updated 23rd Mar 2007 at 5:18 AM by Vagrant : Update

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 1:23 AM
Does this mod need to be updated for Seasons?
Test Subject
#77 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:57 PM
I'm really hoping this helps my situation! 'Cos this is really weird:
Cassandra Goth had a baby with Don, then married into the Dreamer family.
Now Don raised the baby alone and it was a girl, and the girl grew up and fell in love with with Dirk Dreamer (the teen) and they went on dates, made out and got together as teens but now that they are in Uni they can only "family kiss" even though they are not directly related through blood! Anyone else had anything simular?! I'm hoping this fixes that! Because I'm stumped!
Test Subject
#78 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 9:12 PM
It still works for my adopted Sims with Seasons as far as I can tell. All EPs except Pets on mine. Jenflower's teen woohoo patch needs to be updated to an EP5 version if you use it with this, though. Haven't tried this using University because I just don't play it much, pyrefly. Maybe you have just the optional patch in? I don't use that one, but reinstalled it by mistake first after installing Seasons and those are the only interactions I got until I realized my mistake and switched back to the 'regular' patch.
Test Subject
#79 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 3:50 AM
Unfortunately, for my Sims2 game (Everything up to Pets) it overrides something necessary, and makes it so that the ONLY kissing I can do is Family Kiss, and so on. Which kinda messes up the kids going out and getting hitched to fresh blood and whatnot.

But great try at programming something, and at least it was easily fixable (deleted the file, version b, and yes, I do have JennFlower's hack) , and so my game was merely put on the side burner for a few minutes. No harm no foul, I've done worse to my families by accident by not knowing what I was doing.
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 11:54 PM
So I can do stuff like kiss romantically/flirt/etc.. with family members but can't make-out or woohoo. Any idea what's wrong? I have OFB and family fun stuff installed, and am using jenflower's teen woohoo for OFB
Test Subject
#81 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:53 PM
I don't know where to ask this, so I'm doing it here because I'm very curious about something going on in my game ever since I loaded University a few days ago. I have a set of teen siblings -- same father, same mother -- who fell in love without my having the OFB Closer Family Patch or any other mod that would enable that. I do have Inteenimater, but that doesn't even seem to be working for some reason even though it used to, so I don't think it's that. The thing is, I don't recall installing any mods or hacks recently, so I don't get why this is happening. Can anyone explain it? I was shocked when I had them interacting to see "flirt" enabled, and then "romantic hug" and "romantic kiss," etc. And it's just these two, not any other sibling pair in the game. Totally weird!
Test Subject
#82 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 9:50 PM
Has anybody tried using this with BV installed?
Test Subject
#83 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:15 AM
Default BonVoyage Capability
Quote: Originally posted by StevenTW
Has anybody tried using this with BV installed?

I'm currently using this with BonVoyage installed. It seems to work without any moajor problems. I'm also using WooHoo Teens and the InSIMinator. The HDCU doesn't detect any conflicts. So I'm assuming its safe. It may be missing some interactions or something but I haven't noticed it. I can't play without it. I was in the process of creating an Adam and Eve neighborhood. I had to have the mod or not be able to populate the world!!

Susie & Kenny
She's an angel, he's a devil - perfect!
Test Subject
#84 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 12:22 AM
I have a request. I would like to see a version that only applies to same-sex situations. That would avoid the genetic/reproductive issues of heterosexual incest that keep me from using this version.

Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#85 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 12:37 AM
I believe this mod is a hit or miss. There are some that are able to get the full function of the interaction between family-tied sims and some that don't. For me, it is a flesh wound. My family-tied sims are about to do some interaction like flirting, kissing (besides family kiss), backrub, and etc. However, it still can't get pass the family ties on function like woohoo, proposal, marriage, and among other things. The only way around this is by using SimPE and force "Crush" and "Love" relationship to be about to use the missing function.

Current EPs I'm testing this mod on on how expansive it will work: University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, and Season. Hope there's more updates on this mod in the future.
Test Subject
#86 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:30 PM
I have every expansion pack except free time and it works with no problems. Now if I might add my 2 cents... People! It's a G A M E !!!!! Either play with it, or use that little delete key to remove it. If you find it "immoral" then may I suggest you delete your entire download folder and play the game as EA intended it to be played!
there, I said my peace, now let me get back to my redneck family and chase my sister around the kitchen... woohoo
Test Subject
#87 Old 20th May 2008 at 10:48 PM
I installed this before and it worked fine. But I didn't have Pets installed even though I had it- thought it stupid- but now with my new computer I installed all my games BV, FT, OFB, NL, GL, H&M, HOLIDAYS, UNI, SEASONS, CELEBRATIONS, and yes PETS.... And now they (brother and sister) can do everything but woohoo... Think it must have something with Pets... Dumb Pets... LOL

Oh and I agree with u completely Gadget! For those who find this immoral... common sense ----> DON'T LOOK AT IT!!!!! And thanks Vagrant for this mod!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:09 PM
does this work with InTeenimator?
Test Subject
#89 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 12:55 AM
Does this works with Free Time? 'Cause I've treid both versions and I can't kiss, whoohoo etc. whithin one family. I've treid teen/teen, teen/adult, teen/elder and adult/elder. I've all the expensionpacks.
Test Subject
#90 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:12 AM
I'd like to know as well -- I have inSIMenator and InTeenimator, and I have Freetime as well. Will it work with all of those things?
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 1:15 AM
Does this allow an unrelated adult and teen to form a relationship with each other, like inteenimator does?
Test Subject
#92 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:38 PM
If somebody doesnt like this then they shouldnt complain about it. just Dont use it...i myself needed this because im bored with normal sim families and i wanted to try something different so i thought inbreeding simmies would be fun just to see how it all turns out ^.^
Test Subject
#93 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 3:59 AM
THIS CONFLICTS WITH Solo Romantic Photo Booth Pictures Enabled
Test Subject
#94 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 4:01 AM
but not sure if i am going to use it sinc now i read what it really is i thoght it was to make it more fam like bring the fam closer and seem like a fam but its not that at all lol
i did not know it was so you can have sexual stuff with fam oh well ..
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#95 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 4:37 AM
Please read the creator's profile. They stopped creating May 2006. Technically it's unsupported and as long as the creator doesn't log in it will get tagged as such. So, if you're having problems with it there's no sense in posting as this is in actuality unsupported.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 2:27 PM
Hi All,

can someone address me where to find the mod for the pure Sim 2 original. This version made for OFB doesn't work for original and the link for previous version in overview doesn't work.

Thanks
Test Subject
#97 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:04 AM
erm...I don't have OFb, although I do have nightlife. Is there a version that doesn't require OFB?
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:40 PM
This'd be great for the sims 3! Is there any chance you will upload it?
Test Subject
#99 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 3:51 PM
I've acidently stumbled across a sticky pathway on my sims game. The family which i'm creating my series with are teens, but as all sims2 players know, you can't have teens without parents (Which is annoying for storytellers and moveimakers like myself.) So i acidently made all my teens a family with one parent (Yes, this story is going to get somewhere!) And i actually wanted two of these teens to date, but then realized it wasn't possible as they were siblings, so this mod is VERY helpful for a case like mine.
And it might be wrong for family mambers to pair up, but this is a game and tbh nothing bad is going to happen in-game if the mod is in sensible hands, right?
I don't know actually.
Lol. xD

Dinkiedoraa
Dinkiedoraa
Dinkiedoraa

SCREAAAAM! x
Test Subject
#100 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 10:32 PM
Urk, all the hate on incest in here, I think you people are getting it confused with rape and statutory rape, I mean honestly, if two consenting adults or people of the same age genuinely fall in love, who are we to judge them. Thanks for the mod, I appreciate someone actually having the guts to make this kind of mod. Pity it can't override the no love thing though.
Page 4 of 5