Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted - OFB Closer Family Patch

by Vagrant Posted 27th Mar 2006 at 10:14 PM - Updated 23rd Mar 2007 at 5:18 AM by Vagrant : Update

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 2:56 AM
Hey, thanks a lot for the file I've been loking all over for it. I don't know about any one else but I'm having a bit of a problem with it. My two siblings can now want to kiss and get married and Woo Hoo but they still can't actually do it. It's like I suddenly have Sims with issues cause thay want to sleep together, but can't. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is this how the hack is supposed to work. I tried using the Lovebed (Autonomous) and they'll "Try for Baby"if the bed tells them to but the girl doesn't get pregnant and they can't do anything unless it's on the autonomous love bed. I tried taking the bed out but it'd not the bed interfereing. Anyway even if it's only working at half power it's still awsome, please let me know if the'se anyway for me to get it up and running 100%. Thaks again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargamel
Hey, thanks a lot for the file I've been loking all over for it. I don't know about any one else but I'm having a bit of a problem with it. My two siblings can now want to kiss and get married and Woo Hoo but they still can't actually do it. It's like I suddenly have Sims with issues cause thay want to sleep together, but can't. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is this how the hack is supposed to work. I tried using the Lovebed (Autonomous) and they'll "Try for Baby"if the bed tells them to but the girl doesn't get pregnant and they can't do anything unless it's on the autonomous love bed. I tried taking the bed out but it'd not the bed interfereing. Anyway even if it's only working at half power it's still awsome, please let me know if the'se anyway for me to get it up and running 100%. Thaks again.

I'll take a look on my end, but it would help to know what version of the patch you're using, and what other global mods you have running. If it's the 0b version of the patch, this may be because of a component I took out because of compatability issues.
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 5:45 PM
It's the OFB patch I'm running. As for Global Mods that I'm running the oly one I know for sure are the Autonomous Love Bed (Lizz Water Bed), the Alter to Cuthulu wich is similar to the InSIMinator, and the Teen Woo Hoo patch, (but I removed that and the Closer Family patch is still not working) not the one you mention though.
Any help you can give me would be great.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 7:20 PM
Try using the newest version of the patch and moving the bed and any unessary hacks out of your downloads folder into a side folder that isn't anywhere near the sims2 folder. Then see if everything works. It is possible that due to how everything is linked together that you might not be able to get it all working together.

I would assume that the two sims you're using have atleast a high short/long term relationship, but not necessarily have love flags. I believe that they also should have non-negative chemistry if you have NL installed.
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 9:27 PM
Oddest thing, I installed the updated patch, and siblings created by the progarm can interact, but the ones I created can't. I'm totally lost, can anyone help me out before I have to test all fifty million of my downloads one by one?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 11:08 PM
Hmm, I'm tempted to think that there is something wrong on your end. After some testing, I've created a list of what seems to be necessary for certain situations regarding the current patch.

Both with and without woohoo teens you need two individuals teen to adult who have short term relations with eachother above 75, with long term relations above 50, without negative chemistry. If they are not direct family, they will gain the pink heart and red heart flags like normla, if they are family, they won't gain those flags without use of an external cheat. Normally, the game would look for those flags to determine if romantic relations were possible. Because my hack overides both the checks for those flags and ones pertaining to family relation, as long as they have the base relationship, they should be able to interact. If you are using your alter to set relations, you may wish to stop doing that and instead use boolprop testingcheatsenabled to manually adjust their relations, or raise them the long way.

Woohoo teens seems to require the two sims to be going steady or for love flags to exist before being allowed. Love flags should appear naturally between family after family members are married using in game methods. Love flags aren't needed for adults to woohoo, but there has to be both a marriage flag, and a marriage connection in family tree for there to be an option for having a baby.

Since I have been trying to adjust my package to become compatable with the woohoo teens package I have noticed several differences in interactions. But have been able to get most of them done between family, without love flags, eventually. If you cannot, there is either a problem with your methods, or another hack (possibly an earlier version of something) that is interrupting.

Naturally, you can't try for a baby if there are 8 sims already living on the lot, both sims are of the same gender (without hack), or the female is already pregnant.

So far you seem to be the only one who has reported this many problems, so either something is funky on your end, or people are being too quiet.
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 12:21 AM
Does this allow romantic interactions between adults and teens. I have a teen couple that the boy just aged and the girl hasn't and they can woohoo anywhere the option is available, but when standing can only give a friendly kiss. No option for engagement or marriage either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucydg
Does this allow romantic interactions between adults and teens. I have a teen couple that the boy just aged and the girl hasn't and they can woohoo anywhere the option is available, but when standing can only give a friendly kiss. No option for engagement or marriage either.

No, this patch only affects relations between family members of similar ages. I believe that you want the woohoo teens patch to enable cross generational interaction. But while I'm on the subject, someone please tell me that I'm trying to make these patches compatable due to the above situation involving two siblings, or two people who are only related by adoption. And not so that you can witness some sick parent on child interactions. I have to have some moral standards afterall. Incest between concenting adults is one thing, someone seducing their child who has just turned of age is something entirely different. Sure, it's possible in game with the right changes, but that doesn't mean I should be party to someone's sick desires.
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 11:06 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm just doing the "Long lost relative" thing for a story
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 12:37 AM
Just wondering, can you make all the normal romance interaction can only be used by force, meaning sims cannot instantiate it freely? Coz my sims just kisses her daddy when he visited her at University.
Test Subject
#36 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 5:27 AM
Thank you for answering my question. Can you answer another one for me. I have had trouble with relationships in general with the last two expansions. Did maxis change the relationship interactions. I have trouble when I move an unrelated person into the household and not being able to use romantic interactions. Could my game be reading them as family? Thank you for your hard work and please don't let the nay sayers make you stop.
Lucydg
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucydg
Thank you for answering my question. Can you answer another one for me. I have had trouble with relationships in general with the last two expansions. Did maxis change the relationship interactions. I have trouble when I move an unrelated person into the household and not being able to use romantic interactions. Could my game be reading them as family? Thank you for your hard work and please don't let the nay sayers make you stop.
Lucydg

I'm fairly sure that if there is any family relation there will be a small family graphic in the corner of their relationship portrait. If there is one there, then my patch should allow interactions between them. If there is not, then there is something else getting in the way, unless EA really screwed up how moving in is treated.

As for the autonomous interactions, I'm afraid that I can't help you there since I don't understand all those values all too well. And if I did, changing them would likely create conflicts with other hacks that affect autonomy. But you should be able to prevent it by turning off house free will, setting them to have a turnoff present in the other, playing with gender preference, or making their short term relations lower than 75. The down side of a global patch is that it is always active, so things like this are bound to happen.
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 8:53 PM
YAY!!!! thanx i am looking forward to using this ^^v
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 2:40 PM
Just what I needed to marry the cousins in my Royal Kingdom Challange! Thanks a lot, downloading and testing it right away!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 3:38 PM
Kissing Cousins Request for Vagrant
Hi -- I played your mod for awhile, as I had a storyline of romantically-involved cousins. However, I found it a pain that sons and mothers, and daughters and fathers had sexual attractions for one another. Their attraction would be a source of jealousy and gossip (and it grossed me out). I opened up your package using SimPE to see if I could figure out how to modify your mod so that ONLY teen and adult cousins could become "kissing cousins", but I didn't understand the codes. I don't know if you take requests, but if so, would you create an optional package that allows incest-only between cousins or "non-specific" family members?
Test Subject
#41 Old 1st May 2006 at 12:27 PM
well thats the malaysian laws, but i think newer generation of malays doesn't encourage marriage between cousins.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 2nd May 2006 at 1:40 AM
Intersting idea, and and greatly thank you for the free thinking to post it for others.
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd May 2006 at 12:49 PM
thank you !
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd May 2006 at 6:05 AM
This is so funny to read because in the Sims2 without any hacks you can kill someone, drown them, burn them, beat a person up, etc. but you all (who are complaining about the hack) obviously don't find that objectionable because you continue to play the game. Personally in real life I would never drown, burn or kill another person in a million years but my poor simmies have suffered those fates. Get real - it's a GAME not real life. I would never condone incest or murder in real life but last time I looked this is a computer generated game and if you don't like the features simply don't play or download the things you don't like.
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th May 2006 at 5:22 AM
Is there a reason that the link http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82368 (previous versions) appears to be disabled? Is it just me?
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th May 2006 at 1:03 AM
Can you make this for the regular game as well?
Systemic Anomaly
#47 Old 11th May 2006 at 1:42 AM
FYI: Package A (optional) conflicts with the InTeenimater. It may be worth noting this in your opening post.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 11th May 2006 at 7:05 AM
mookie- It a freasking game! It a pixel thing for crying out loud! I don't agree with Incest either but I downloaded it because it just a game with pixels! I go kill thousnads in Grand Theft Auto, but does that mean I want to kill actual people? Does it mean I want to grab my cousin and make out mwith her!. No! I don't want to do anything like that, but in the game, people can do whatever the hell they wish.

Sorry for the outburst, but I am getting so tired about people complaining! Either donwload it or don't, it's your choice, no one making you.

Jase-, wait, so that means I can't have this mod with Inteen? Ohh, well if so I can alwaus use Lizzie waterbed to mget cousins etc in bed and pregnant 9Or the inteen or insim which can make a sim pregnant with her cousin)..

On topic: I think this mod is alright, don't agree with incest either, but hey, this is a game, not a reailty, so it doesn't count..

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th May 2006 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrrara
Is there a reason that the link http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82368 (previous versions) appears to be disabled? Is it just me?
Disabled for me as well. Is the thread no longer available, and if so, where can I get the previous versions?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 16th May 2006 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheBestPart
Disabled for me as well. Is the thread no longer available, and if so, where can I get the previous versions?

The old post is in the adult section. If you're over 18, you need to enable it in your profile. If you aren't, I guess that's just too bad.
Page 2 of 5