Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SCRIPTORIUM: v. 2.2f (BugFix + Radiance 2.4)

by Numenor Posted 26th Sep 2006 at 1:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:19 PM by Nysha

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 613 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 26 of 26
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#626 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 7:33 AM
This is amazing, thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
#627 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 10:47 AM
I'm having issue's with the stairs showing up as well along with the radiance light. I use the auto install version of the scriptorium and it auto installs into the Double Deluxe/Base part of the game. Unfortunately, it is not working correctly. When trying to use stairs "Open underneath" to be more specific...they aren't working as it is explained to place those files in the Pets Collections part of the game. If the creator or someone who got it working could help out, it would mean a lot. I've used the scriptorium before having the Ultimate Collection and the stairs and it worked just fine. Right now the scriptorium is installed where it was auto trained to do and I have the package for the stairs in my download folder and the txt files in the modular stairs folder.
T.I.A if ANYONE could help.

If there is no Sims.
There is no life!
Test Subject
#628 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 3:29 PM
For anyone having trouble using Scriptorium with the Ultimate Collection, it seems the simplest fix is to move the files to the Mansions and Gardens folder (SP9) of Fun With Pets instead of the Base folder in Double Deluxe.

In other words, first copying the Scriptorium folders from ’[Wherever you installed TS2]\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts’ as well as the Scriptorium lights folder from ’…\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Lights’.
Then paste those folders into (for scripts) ’…\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts’ and (for lights) ’…\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Lights’

Make sure you paste it into the ‘SP9’ subfolder, not one of the others in 'Fun With Pets’.

You can make new shortcuts in your downloads folder if you like, or just remember to place any further ones in SP9 and not DD Base.
I’d guess that the creators have moved on from this project and any updating would be unlikely, so this is the easiest workaround I’ve tried.
Lab Assistant
#629 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 4:40 PM Last edited by lilyeverlasting : 30th Oct 2016 at 12:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Caliby
For anyone having trouble using Scriptorium with the Ultimate Collection, it seems the simplest fix is to move the files to the Mansions and Gardens folder (SP9) of Fun With Pets instead of the Base folder in Double Deluxe.

In other words, first copying the Scriptorium folders from ’[Wherever you installed TS2]\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts’ as well as the Scriptorium lights folder from ’…\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Lights’.
Then paste those folders into (for scripts) ’…\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts’ and (for lights) ’…\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Lights’

Make sure you paste it into the ‘SP9’ subfolder, not one of the others in 'Fun With Pets’.

You can make new shortcuts in your downloads folder if you like, or just remember to place any further ones in SP9 and not DD Base.
I’d guess that the creators have moved on from this project and any updating would be unlikely, so this is the easiest workaround I’ve tried.

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion, Caliby. Haven't gone in-game yet but I've been searching for a fix. I'll try this out.

EDIT: this worked! Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#630 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 11:13 PM
Thanks!
Instructor
#631 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 8:05 PM Last edited by jasperville : 21st Dec 2017 at 9:48 PM.
the installer is trying to create files in the E Drive, which I do not have?

EDIT1 I've tried moving all the files to the SP9, but custom stairs aren't showing up. Any suggestions?
Instructor
#632 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:06 PM
Reporting that the Radiance 2.4 installer inside Scriptorium NOT fully compatible with Ultimate Collection. RLS files meant to be in Base Game folders install fine, but the ones in the EPs are not installed correctly (aka lighting files in EPs are still not commented out). Only discovered this when I edited the RLS files myself.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#633 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:13 PM
Confirming that Scriptorium worked perfectly for me using UC and Windows 7. No adjustments needed.
Top Secret Researcher
#634 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:20 AM
What version of UltimateCollection do you guys have? To me it returns this error while attempting to install radiance:

Why would it do this? I thought all UC's are the same. But apparently, scriptorium installer can't find the path specified.
Test Subject
#635 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:47 PM Last edited by phebe86 : 30th Dec 2018 at 9:53 AM.
Default tool missing
UPDATE: I had replace the *.txt script file from DVD The sims 2....and I solved almost problems. now only the road and the driveway are invisible and some icons of construction tools are not in their right place....

so today I decided to uninstall the scriptorium and reinstall it, I also downloaded the stairs and their related documents again. I solved the problem of stairs, but Unfortunately others have arisen ..... the foundations, the tools to level the ground and others are disappeared .... what can I do?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#636 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 10:54 AM
I had replace the *.txt script file from the Sims 2 and EP's DVDand then I had reinstall the Scriptorium and now every thing is ok
Lab Assistant
#637 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 9:03 PM
I just installed UC today on my PC (running on Windows 7), I have multiple hard-drives and it worked for me. Though I only used it to install the radiance system; checked it out in-game and everything seems to be working properly.
Test Subject
#638 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Rolopolo5 : 28th Sep 2019 at 10:34 PM.
Hello, Thanks a million for this...quick question(s)
I'm a Mac user but I'm very nervous about modifying scripts etc as I know nothing, and all the verifying the changes with a password just makes me more nervous.

Also I'm running Super Collection for Mac so my game has this pathway:

My Documents version
/Users/me/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr

Applications / My Computer version
/Applications/The Sims 2.app/Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Catalog

Does anyone know:
(1) Do I just copy the text anywhere in the txt file I was directed to or is it supposed to be somewhere in particular within the relevant text file?
(2) Do I just create an alias by selecting the alias button in the "Finder" - "File" drop down menu/right click menu OR when I google Sims 2 alias I get - userstartup.cheat - Are any of these correct?
(3) Will this change any of the install proceedures? i.e. will I need to change any of the text to allow for my directory/pathway?
(4) Do I then just cut and paste that file/alias inside my downloads folder OR into the "Config" folder located the Sims 2 folder via my documents (as the userstartup.cheat guide says)?
(5) I keep all my cc in individual folders within my "Downloads" folder, literally the only loose file I have in there is the CEP _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package file. Will this effect The Scriptorium?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I really don't have a clue and I don't want my computer to explode or any thing. Any and all replies / help would be greatly appreciated

Also I don't know if this is relevant but my computer specs are; iMac OS Sierra 10.12, Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB
Lab Assistant
#639 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 8:50 PM
Default Modular stairs corrupting my game?
My game has been acting weird and crashing ever since I downloaded some modular stairs I believe. I’m trying to figure out how to uninstall modular stairs from my game. Is there a way to?? I can’t figure it out..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#640 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 10:55 PM
I sent you a present! I've always enjoyed your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#641 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 8:27 PM
Thank you !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#642 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 11:23 PM
Great I can't wait to use tis, then I know I will have done it right putting in scripts, now I have totake my game off again and put back on. Thanks so much
Test Subject
#643 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 3:47 PM
None of these works... Why did I even bother wasting 2 hours of my time figuring things out >__>
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#644 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 9:09 PM
i wanna thank anyone who worked on or contributed this. took me a lil bit to make sure i was doing everything correctly but it worked!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#645 Old 28th Mar 2023 at 9:39 PM
Thank you!
Page 26 of 26