Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jewish Kippah/kippot

by Ravynlee Posted 23rd Jan 2006 at 4:20 AM

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 9:47 AM
Very nice, thanks so much for making this.
Test Subject
#52 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 2:53 PM
Shalom, Thank you so very much. I'm Jewish and I'm exstatic to see that there is FINALLY some Jewish content.

Thanks again.
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 2:48 PM
Hey Rav- thanks a lot! Already working on somthing similar if you don't mind.
Is that a Talit the guy is wearing? where did you find it? (the white thing) I'd love to make one if it dosen't exist.
Banned
#54 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 7:36 AM
I'm Jewish and i create jewish families. I LOVE this item!!!
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 3:05 AM
After finding the Tanak find the kippa. I'm super happy, beautiful work, but best of all comments and this forum is to meet with you, a greeting, I'm from Spain and my English is basic, (traducctor of google).
I hope you understand, if I find something interesting to write it here.
Ravynlee, thank you, if you knew how to change the name to the menu, how could I? not to cook pork chops or delete the menu, jajaj ... rabbah all, a twisted Loaf would be higher.
Shalom Velehitraot.
Después de encontrar el Tanak encuentro la kippá. estoy super feliz, hermoso trabajo,pero lo mejor todos los comentarios y encontrarme es este foro con vosotros, un saludo, soy de España y mi inglés es básico, ( traducctor de google).
Espero que se entienda, si encuentro algo interesante lo escribiré aqui.
Ravynlee, gracias, si supieras como cambiar el nombre a los menús, ¿Como podría hacerlo ? para que no cocinen chuletas de cerdo o eliminar el menú, jajaj... todá rabá , un panecito trenzado sería superior.
Shalom Velehitraot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 26th May 2012 at 4:25 PM
Thank you! I think Komei Tellerman's son might wear one of these at his wedding after he graduates from Uni. :-) (He hasn't popped the question to Sandy Bruty's daughter yet, but he will.) He's a blondie like his mother Marissa, so if it doesn't work for him, I still know some other families who will benefit from this download in my neighborhoods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 1:19 AM
hello i am a big fan glad that you did this but is there a way to get more variations on kippot colors and hair styles
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:03 PM Last edited by OrganicSim : 9th Aug 2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Have a Request, and no request forum to ask :)
Thanks for the Kippah!

If any creator is reading this, I would Really Love to have a male with Kippah And Payot! Payot (Peyot) are the long locks of hair that many Orthodox Jewish men have. They have them from age 3 on, so for sims this could translate from child to elder. Thanks to all creators/modders for all your hard work! :lovestruc

Here's some examples of payot: http://ziomania.com/yemen/images/yemeni104.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/damonlynch/2055515340/
http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/...98/SAN10_wa.jpg
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 12:17 AM Last edited by SimMaven : 21st Aug 2018 at 1:42 AM.
Nice work. It really could use more hair colors (so I did some myself, once I located the original Maxis hair style). Hint, hint: BodyShop and the Hair Binner make it easy. ;-)

Update: Kippehfied a second Maxis hairstyle - this one was a bit more work, as there was a small alpha glitch. Eyeing some of the other smooth hairstyles for adaptation.

Second update: There are now three kippehfied hairstyles, all Maxis-match. I think one or two more could work also but I think three's enough. Each style has a different color kippeh, black, navy, and a medium blue. I wonder if anyone is still reading this thread...?
Forum Resident
#61 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 19th Jun 2019 at 3:19 PM.
Me again. Have to redo all that work, because I lost it all when the laptop bricked up. Just finished the matching brown, blond and red hairs for the original style.

It still bugs me that the side edges don't meet correctly, but I'm not sure how to fix that. And I wound up exempting toddlers from having to wear kippot (they can make do with those knitted caps) because it was too much hassle and they looked really dumb.

Come to think of it, if I can figure out how to remove the brims from said caps....

Edit: Finally got the textures tweaked to fix the side edges, and it was a lot of work. Most male hair styles are not good for painting kippot onto - there's one exception, the very first standard Maxis head, and it requires squashing the kippeh texture into a flattened oval. There are now two sets, the tweaked original with black kippeh and "standard head" version with a medium blue one. Both sets are binned. Any interest in my sending them up?

I notice somebody made a set of kippot/yarmulkes for Sims3 - how difficult would it be to convert them to Sims2?
Page 3 of 3