Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tomb of Ghost 080712

by christianlov Posted 20th Jun 2008 at 5:31 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2008 at 1:56 PM by christianlov

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Inventor
#26 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 10:41 AM
Very wicked. Can't wait to use it.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:27 PM
Been looking for something like this for ages. I have a medieval community and i wanted victims of the plauge BUT i think ive done something wrong. Whenever i place the urn in my lot my sims freeze. I can still select them and make them do things but they wont move until i delete it. Weird.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:52 AM Last edited by christianlov : 18th Jul 2008 at 1:55 PM. Reason: obsolete
Quote: Originally posted by serenitydarkly
Been looking for something like this for ages. I have a medieval community and i wanted victims of the plauge BUT i think ive done something wrong. Whenever i place the urn in my lot my sims freeze. I can still select them and make them do things but they wont move until i delete it. Weird.

here you go, original users download this patch
Instructor
#29 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 9:15 AM
christianlov1 do you take requests?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:25 PM
I was so excited to find this. I hate having to kill off sims to fulfill the See Ghost wants. But I can't get it to work. I don't get "Assign Ghost" at all. Just to select the Ghost colours and options to turn on/off fright, daylight ghost and scheduling.
I do have all the EP's, so I've not bothered with the patch in the previous post.

Awesome idea :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 7:03 PM
great work this is amazing Ive wanted something like this since the base game came out Bravo to you! Brilliant work!

Smile tomorow will be worse.
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 8:09 PM
I Tested It,It Froze My Game.But Thanks Anyways! ...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdude655
I Tested It,It Froze My Game.But Thanks Anyways! ...

have you tried this? patch for the base game users?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...020#post1971020
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MMariMM
I was so excited to find this. I hate having to kill off sims to fulfill the See Ghost wants. But I can't get it to work. I don't get "Assign Ghost" at all. Just to select the Ghost colours and options to turn on/off fright, daylight ghost and scheduling.
I do have all the EP's, so I've not bothered with the patch in the previous post.

Awesome idea :lovestruc

have you checked if there are valid ghosts in the neighborhood you are playing now? if there is none, "Assign Ghost" menu will not appear, because if there is no valid ghost in the neighborhood, you cannot assign a ghost. A simple solution is trying a neighborhood like "Pleasantview" because it has enough number of valid dead sims in the neighborhood from the start.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christianlov
here you go, original users download this patch

Hi! I am so excited about this hack. Thank you so much. Did you update the original post or do I still need to apply this patch?

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 5:19 AM Last edited by christianlov : 18th Jul 2008 at 1:54 PM. Reason: obsolete
Quote: Originally posted by Diva
Hi! I am so excited about this hack. Thank you so much. Did you update the original post or do I still need to apply this patch?

hi! I forgot the password for my first id "christianlov" so, i cannot update the first post. to admins and you guys, i'd like to say that i am so sorry about that. anyway so you need to download the patch, instead of the one attached in the first post, if you are base game users.

Fix for The Sims 2 IKEA® Home Stuff
Instructor
#37 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 8:37 AM
Just back to inform you that your mod works for the purpose I was waiting for.
I finished testing yesterday and I could summon and assign a tomb for Sims that were unlinked but had character data and no tombstone.
I had my own ghost mod and combined both. Your tomb uses my mod without conflicts.
Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Just back to inform you that your mod works for the purpose I was waiting for.
I finished testing yesterday and I could summon and assign a tomb for Sims that were unlinked but had character data and no tombstone.
I had my own ghost mod and combined both. Your tomb uses my mod without conflicts.
Thanks.

your definition of "unlinked" seems to be different from that of mine.
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:04 PM
I just found a prefect use of this item accidently and wondered if you're able to make variations in the form of the 6 Platnium urnstones as well added the cowplant death(unversity), death by scissors (EA download), sunlight (Nightlife) and death by rally forth & elevater (open for Business) colors. As backups and replacement urns combined with an nounlinkingformdeleting hack, it could save a lot of legacy sims
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 7:39 AM
I created the tombstone object but the ghost did not spawn, is there anything I did wrong? Thanks.
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 4:56 AM Last edited by CaCtUs2003 : 18th Aug 2008 at 10:20 PM.
Shit, I was thinking of the wrong mod (I was thinking of Best Friends Mannequins). This should help with some things, though.

Anyway, I've been using this one a lot lately and I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. Everything seems to work fine.

I was thinking that maybe you could have a "Die By. . ./(All kinds of deaths here + a random button)" function on the pie menu. It would be great for story tellers and movie makers, although I'm neither. I just think it would be cool.
Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 7:08 AM
this, is the best thing, ever. i mean really, i needed this because i hated not having ghosts. i like ghosts!
Forum Resident
#43 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 3:41 AM
I LOVE this item! It's so great, I've been having tons of fun with it.
I have had a problem, though; if I have Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled True running at the same time as this object, after a ghost has come out eventually I'll get an "An Error has occured with object..." message, I'm pretty sure usually reffering to the ghost, though it may have happened with the sims I was playing as too(I can't remember). Also the ghosts tend to appear, clean one puddle, then disappear again, is that normal?
Other than that, this is soooo great, thank you, thank you!

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Forum Resident
#44 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 4:46 AM
It's like Necromancy for the every-man! Neat!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 11:44 PM
This is awesome! Ghost slaves- whoduthunkit? *downloads*

Also, thought I'd mention that dying of fright isn't random. If you want your sims to die by fright, just get a few of their meters below the middle line. Then, if they are frightened, they will die. Because when a sim is frightened a few of their levels drop. I use the boolprop cheat to get all the levels on the left side to lower-middle, then frighten them with a vamp (now i can use ghosts thx to u ), it works like a charm.

Oooh, what's that? *click*
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christianlov
have you checked if there are valid ghosts in the neighborhood you are playing now? if there is none, "Assign Ghost" menu will not appear, because if there is no valid ghost in the neighborhood, you cannot assign a ghost. A simple solution is trying a neighborhood like "Pleasantview" because it has enough number of valid dead sims in the neighborhood from the start.

With playing the standard non-ep game, I simply use the VoodooBottle.package to quickly drop a sim, when I want a ghost.

And thank you, very much, Christianlov, for providing a type of worker that I really needed for my Dreadmoore Castle.

(I have my two goth sims quite skillful at cleaning, because a regular maid is so bitchy about not being able to get to my locked dungeon area, to clean.)

So a nice and able ghost-maid to take care of any missed cleaning would fit perfectly! (I have not seen her clean anything, yet, but then I need to experiment a lot more with your mod.)
Banned
#47 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:22 AM
prolinetochka
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 10:52 AM
This is awesome, thanks! Really cool, and great for a gothy family.
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 12:59 PM
Cool! It's perfect for any house you want haunted, and even controlable. Nice touch!
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 9:34 PM
Yeah it is practically necromancy for sims!!! its really cool i had to create practically a whole new neighborhood i just like to kill people too much ^_^
Page 2 of 3