Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Homework mod

by Dave Luv Posted 12th Aug 2007 at 5:31 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 5:56 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 12:26 AM
You don't actually need the cheat on to do that. The first desk bought for a house will be the place that Sim kids put their homework naturally. If you grab the homework right after they put it down, you can move it to whatever surface you want, desk or table and they will do their homework there.
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 4:31 PM
I have all sims2 packs. After installing this my game would crash often. It says it overwrites something in the sims. I uninstalled this. Help plus would love to have this in game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peppy
I have all sims2 packs. After installing this my game would crash often. It says it overwrites something in the sims. I uninstalled this. Help plus would love to have this in game.

Seems this was your first global hack in the game ;o). The game doesn't crash at all with this hack. It just told you a global hack was found - you have to change some settings to be able to use global hacks.

Go to game settings and adjust 2 values then - enable using of custom content and disable the confirmation question at each game start (these 2 settings are at the top of the Settings panel, next to each other).
Test Subject
#54 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 6:55 PM
I need more info please. Not sure where to find these setting you are referring to. Do not know how to disable the confirmation question. Ok I don't know that much about game setting and that kind of stuff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peppy
I need more info please. Not sure where to find these setting you are referring to. Do not know how to disable the confirmation question. Ok I don't know that much about game setting and that kind of stuff.

Start the game, enter a lot, go to the Settings panel (e.g. by pressing F5), click on the icon with the cog wheels and there in the screen that shows up you can find the mentioned checkboxes.

Adjust the settings, save the lot, quit the game and now you can add global hacks to your game folder.
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:13 AM
Dave, I've been having some problems with the homework mod. As soon as my Sim sits down to do it, it disapears and she gets right up again, but her grade in school stays the same. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS ON MTS2! I'm luvin the new 2-second homework!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by greenocean
Dave, I've been having some problems with the homework mod. As soon as my Sim sits down to do it, it disapears and she gets right up again, but her grade in school stays the same. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS ON MTS2! I'm luvin the new 2-second homework!

Didn't the Sim do most of the homework, stopped it at about 90% and you just haven't seen it? In this case exactly this would happen when finishing the homework the next time.

If not - haven't you used moveObject cheat or a similar method for changing the place the homework was put on, or don't you use another homework-related mod? I've never encountered this, but I expect your problems could be caused by unreachable homework (e.g. its direction changed when moving it with cheats turned on) - the game could delete it in such case.

Doing the homework is not the only thing which determines the grade - going to school in bad mood can cause the grade not going up.
Test Subject
#58 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 7:02 PM
Thanks so much for this! :]
Test Subject
#59 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 8:05 PM Last edited by dkaryn9009 : 28th Dec 2007 at 8:08 PM. Reason: Grammar
This is ridiculous! Nobody, in real life takes only 15 minutes to do their homework, except maybe the kids. Personally, I spend at least two hours on homework every night. Thank you for taking the time to make it, even though it would make more sense to adjust homework according to age...
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 12:55 PM
YAY! Brilliant, thanks! :D
Test Subject
#61 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 11:48 AM
hmm.... interesting.... can't seem to successfully uninstall this mod.... deleted the package but homework still finishes in 15 minutes. But now that i've gotten around to installing the Nightlife and Holiday Party Pack, everytime I start doing the homework an error message will pop-up asking me to: cancel (makes the msg pop-up again), reset (stops homework anim and deletes homework), delete (deletes sim).

According to the log, the animations for the homework are missing... not sure if this error was created because of the somewhat unsuccessful deletion of your mod or something else (this mod is the only homework mod i used)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maelich
hmm.... interesting.... can't seem to successfully uninstall this mod.... deleted the package but homework still finishes in 15 minutes. But now that i've gotten around to installing the Nightlife and Holiday Party Pack, everytime I start doing the homework an error message will pop-up asking me to: cancel (makes the msg pop-up again), reset (stops homework anim and deletes homework), delete (deletes sim).

According to the log, the animations for the homework are missing... not sure if this error was created because of the somewhat unsuccessful deletion of your mod or something else (this mod is the only homework mod i used)

If you delete my .package, all is reverted to original state.

Sure, I don't recommend saving the game at the moment a Sim has an interaction chosen which is related to a mod you are going to remove (e.g. saving during writting the homework and removing the mod).

This mod is a BCON mod. It has no influence to how animations are called etc., because it doesn't change any part of BHAV code - it just fixes constants related to homework interactions.

If you have debug mode on, turn it off. If you have installed Nightlife, check its new settings dealing with user-created content. Also check if you haven't downloaded any of those hack packs where my mod or a similar mod might be "included".
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
If you delete my .package, all is reverted to original state.

Sure, I don't recommend saving the game at the moment a Sim has an interaction chosen which is related to a mod you are going to remove (e.g. saving during writting the homework and removing the mod).

This mod is a BCON mod. It has no influence to how animations are called etc., because it doesn't change any part of BHAV code - it just fixes constants related to homework interactions.

If you have debug mode on, turn it off. If you have installed Nightlife, check its new settings dealing with user-created content. Also check if you haven't downloaded any of those hack packs where my mod or a similar mod might be "included".

^^ problem solved ^^.... thanks... forgot about the homework skills and homework in bedroom mods ><................... after deleting everything reverted to its original state
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 6:08 PM
Thank you! I can't imagine playing Sims 2 without your mod now :D
Test Subject
#65 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 9:37 AM
Will this mod need updating for Freetime or can I use it without having to worry?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poppstar
Will this mod need updating for Freetime or can I use it without having to worry?

This mod works in FreeTime without any problem
Test Subject
#67 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 9:33 AM
This is a GREAT mod to use with FreeTime! I took it out of my game before I installed it because I read of a lot of problems with hacks/mods with it, and was bummed out that the kids spent so much time doing their homework that they didn't get to try all the cool new activities that came with the EP. So I crossed my fingers and re-installed, and have absolutly no problems with it, plus it makes the game more fun since you can make more use of all the cool new stuff. Thanks for this!
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 12:40 AM
I have the same issue
Quote: Originally posted by greenocean

I love this mod, however I noticed even when my sim is in a good mood for school (everything is filled), she does her hw really fast.... and it says she completed it, but her grade never goes up!

Any ideas? I deleted it for now, but I really want it to work for University because it takes them FOREVER to get through college haha

thanks!
Test Subject
#69 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RangersMom
I love this mod, however I noticed even when my sim is in a good mood for school (everything is filled), she does her hw really fast.... and it says she completed it, but her grade never goes up!

Any ideas? I deleted it for now, but I really want it to work for University because it takes them FOREVER to get through college haha

thanks!

Do you have aging turned off?
Grades do not go up if you have aging turned off. Or at least they don't seem to until I turn aging back on.
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 9:14 PM
Thanks for the tip, but my aging is on normal... I dunno what it could be?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RangersMom
Thanks for the tip, but my aging is on normal... I dunno what it could be?

Check if you don't have some other homework-related mods in the game (e.g. those mentioned by Maelich on Feb 14th).

Also check, if there aren't some unfinished homeworks left on the lot (my Sims often put their homeworks under trees).
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 9:40 AM
Hello DAVE, I just wanted to let you know that I am so happy for this hack and would be so lost with out it! Though I do not have FT installed yet, I am so happy to hear this hack is ready to go! This really saves a lot of time so they can focus on doing other things they need or want to do! Keep up the great work!
Test Subject
#73 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:21 AM
oh wow. thank you so much for this. honestly, i was getting a bit tired of the homework piling up and the 'your sim student totally sucks at school' messages because they would be falling asleep while doing it. i mean honestly, it was such a pain! D:
Test Subject
#74 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 10:13 PM
Thank you so much for coming up with this hack! My sim kids are gonna love this.But I have one little question: since you believe this hack could possibly conflict with other homework related hacks do you think it will work with Monique's "Auto Do Homework Mod" or should I remove it before installing this hack?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayana1971
Thank you so much for coming up with this hack! My sim kids are gonna love this.But I have one little question: since you believe this hack could possibly conflict with other homework related hacks do you think it will work with Monique's "Auto Do Homework Mod" or should I remove it before installing this hack?

My mod doesn't change behavior routines (BHAVs), it changes one BCON entry related to homeworks (from group 0x7FF4DCC2) and one for University homeworks (from group 0x7FD7764E).

You can ask Monique which fragments from which groups are changed by her mod to be sure. If it changes something in the mentioned two groups, there might be a conflict (but I expect her mod changes BHAVs, without modifying BCONs, so the mods could work together). The easiest way is to check it in the game
Page 3 of 6