Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 12:13 PM
Default Sims 2 OFB: why are CAS employees way more expensive than Townies?
Hi!

I thought it would be cool to have actual household Sims working in my shop instead of townies. But with very comparable skills I have to pay townies ~$25 but neighbourhood sims ~$85.
Also when I check their household, they earn $690(!) per day.

Why does a Sim with only 2 cooking inmediatly (has to) earn like Slacker lvl.10 while he doing work comparable to Slacker lvl.2?

Is this really how it is supposed to be or am I doing something wrong?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 1:39 PM
I just make wages lower, can't say I have noticed a difference but I rarely hire townies. https://episims.tumblr.com/post/190...s-for-employees

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 5:09 PM
I thought wages were based on badges. Every time an employee earns a new badge I need to immediately increase the pay.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 8:03 PM
I didn't even realize we could hire non townie sims for businesses.

I just learned we could visit sim owned businesses but I didn't stay long because I wasn't sure how it effected the sims household funds.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 8:50 PM
I haven't noticed playables being dearer to employ. Though the last playable that got an OFB job in the Veronaville Conurbation was a total disaster. It was Gerry McBain who lives with his parents and siblings in the Via Veronaville. He is Miranda Capp's boyfriend. Miranda thought it would be nice to have her boyfriend working in her mum's bookshop in Bluewater. Goneril put him on the till. He stood somewhere vaguely near the cash register until a customer came over to try to buy a book. At that point, Gerry ran away and hid in a corner at the back of the shop. Miranda had to take over the till herself. A few days later, when he was back at home, Gerry 'phoned up Goneril and resigned his job. The truth is that Gerry, a Pleasure teen, has no interest in working at all. He thinks that "work" is a swearword! His wages weren't all that high, but they were really a complete waste of money as he didn't actually do anything. Goneril was quite glad that he resigned, as she really didn't want to sack her daughter's boyfriend. Even Miranda had to concede that hiring him really wasn't such a good idea! As a boyfriend, Gerry, a rather cute and childlike teen, can be quite fun to be with. But, as an employee, she really had to admit that he was a catastrophe!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2023 at 8:53 PM
I use Pescado's mod that make wage based on skills they have that are relevant to the task they are given. After all a badge in gardening isn't going to matter to your employer at the car dealership.

Quote:
• relevantwages.package

Wages demanded by employees must now be relevant: Salary demands will no longer be exhorbitant simply because a sim has a ton of useless skills. Just like in real life, your degree in underwater basket weaving is completely useless. Sorry, man. Also, the salary demand increase applied to managers will now be correctly applied to actual managers, instead of to random people whose binary garbage happens to coincidentally coincide with their job level, causing them to spontaneously become underpaid and quit without any apparent cause.

I hadn't noticed that playables are more expensive than townies, but as others already said I would imagine it's because they have more skills in general which is addressed by relevantwages mod. I don't really like having my real playables be employees in businesses, the work hours from their end are too long and boring in my opinion When my playables run businesses they hire townies. Businesses I set up to be visited rather than run I may use playables, but from households that aren't actually played, so I don't pay attention to the wages as it's never run from the business owners perspective anyway

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 12:18 PM
I later found out wat was "going on". After I went on the lot again (to fire the overpaid employees) I first tried to change the wage of the employees.
It now said they were 'ridiculously overpaid' and when I put them on 'regular wage' they indeed earned the same as a townie.
When I reloaded the employees house lot, the wages were also updated to a reasonable amount per day.

So for people also having this problem:
- Business lot: Hire staff, set salary from underpaid to regular.
- Return home, save.
- Load employee's household, let them go to work for a day, save
- Reload employers household and go to his/her shop, set employees wage from overpaid to regular, save

Quote:
...which is addressed by relevantwages mod.

I am definitely going to download this mod though. Right now they only have 2 points in cooking and their roommate cooks for them. :D