Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Time Travel Career (with BobL custom reward object!) *Updated with custom clothing!*

by SuperFly Posted 14th Dec 2005 at 10:04 PM - Updated 25th May 2006 at 8:55 PM by SuperFly

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 10:11 PM
Quote:
(Silly me, I've forgotten the last level yet again... )

Fnord! :D

My husband is delighted over this one, he's just made a family with a time-traveling young woman who has brought back Sigmund Freud and Nikola Tesla, and the girl needs a proper job.
#52 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 5:00 PM
the RAF force is the force of the raf lol
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 10:24 PM
I downloaded this. It looks very cool, thanks for so many screenshots. Screenshots make me more apt to download a career.
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 11:33 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooowww If Been Looking For This Everywhere Thx
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dallandra
I wanna try this career, but it's the first time I've ever downloaded one, what do I do with it? where / how do I install it in the game?

Dallandra

Easy- place it in My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2/ Downloads and search for it in the newspaper or the computer

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
#56 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 3:55 PM
it sounds amazing... but i have a question.

are the english careers shown in other langueges, too? I'm german, i have no problem with english, but in a german game it looks much better with german letters. :-)

greats Kathy
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 3:19 AM Last edited by honeydippit : 3rd Jan 2006 at 3:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lucentgem
Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor from laughing. Call me silly but I love silly and clever humor. hehe

Awesome Superfly!! I saw that career request and thought it was cool. Color me impressed. :*)

Oh yeah, good luck with your A Levels.

LMFAO ... exactly
smooches
Honey

** i do not ever dl these career things But this one sounds neat makes me wanna try it.. great idea. its different and i like that. besides who doesnt enjoy fantacy???
will get back once i figure out how to put it into my game.lol and ill let you know how it is in my game.. thanks for the hard work

Im not Weird i just like what i like
Test Subject
#58 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 5:22 PM
Default Help!!!
Hi there,
I'm having problems with this career. The thing is that the name of the different levels haven't changed. (e.g. first level is still called "caddie"), his work clothes, payment and working hours have changed, but not this. So I was wondering if you had any idea why that is or what I could do to fix it.
Besides that it's a great career!

Thanks very much for sharing...
-thaigirl-
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 11:06 PM
thaigirl, city-bunny- I'm pretty sure I know the reason for your problems. I assume both of you have other language versions of the game? If so, the problem lays with bidou's career editor- easily remedied Give me a few day, as I'm a bit busy at the mo- watch this space.

Test Subject
#60 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 2:34 AM
Looks awesome! Thanks!
#61 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 3:31 AM
First I'd like to say that this career is great... but I've found a bug with it.

I forget what level I was at but a chance card came up asking about some dna project allowing the user to see into the future. My answer was to give the go-ahead with the project. The card I got right after that was one from the slacker career! The one about ALlammaInEveryHome.com making me $4000. I think I catually gained like $20,000.

Anyway great career... I love it.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 3:01 PM
I downloadet the carrier but it doesn t show up in the game.Is it because I tried to chooze carrier by the Merola Painting?
#63 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 3:11 PM
Wow this is great. Thank you
Test Subject
#64 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 4:26 PM
Nice I'm making a back to the future set and well i think this career might be appropriot...(yes i know i massacred the english language...havent maserd typing in the dark yet)

Sims 2 + About a half gallon of iced tea = good objects.
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 4:25 PM
Went through whole career without problems. Keep it up, I love new careers. The game ones get old after a while. Nice work! :nana:
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:09 AM
Judging solely from your screenshot of the chance card, I was wondering if you would mind getting a beta reader for your chance cards. The spelling generally seems okay, but the grammar and punctuation could use some work.

Thanks.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by denimjo
Judging solely from your screenshot of the chance card, I was wondering if you would mind getting a beta reader for your chance cards. The spelling generally seems okay, but the grammar and punctuation could use some work.

Thanks.

I'd just like to point something out- yes, I make a few mistakes, but consider this. Each career I create, I have to write out 10 descriptions for the levels, 10 levels, and 100 chance cards. Please do forgive the occasional grammatical error.

#68 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:53 PM
What about creating Delorean as a job vehicle? That would be really great!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 1:44 PM
U Have Got To Be Joking!!!!
Wow!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 1:50 PM
Oh, and by the way, can u use the time traveler to travel in time? And how do u copy the career on to sims tu?
Test Subject
#71 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 2:11 PM
oh! i found it! thanks!
#72 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 8:20 PM
See to believe...
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:30 PM
yes please do tell
Indeed... I would like to know as well...=)
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
... and do telll, what is the award under the political icon next to it in the screen shot????

Inquiring minds want to know.

Looking forward to trying it out. Thankyou for being so generous with your skills, talents and time.
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:32 PM
Default Pepsi Free?
Quote: Originally posted by octav1an
What about creating Delorean as a job vehicle? That would be really great!!

yeah, I think someone already made one anyhow, maybe you could ask that person if you can use his/her object for that?
Test Subject
#75 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 11:54 AM
Great Work, SuperFly! Just a couple of comments, though. I've downloaded it and I'm working on a swedish translation of it (I want everything in my game to be in the same language. I hate it when english all of a sudden appears in game), and noticed that you've made a couple of slight mistakes in the chance cards in the teen career.

As pocket watch winder Harold Hitachi and Felicity Foxtrot asks if you want to become History book rewriter. But the job description calls it History book eraser. Is this deliberate? Also, ms Foxtrot's name is spelled both Felicity and Filicity...

As a lab assistant when you get the chance to examine the Oldenburg Timekeeper, three of the four options say that you use the FCCC, that is, the positive result of "stick to the rules" and "use the FCCC" are identical.

And finally, the teen career icon is the scientist's beaker, not the retirement clock.

But other than that I must say I LOVE this career. I have Mortimer Goth's granddaughter Ulrika working as historybook eraser, and looking forward to her advancement! :blow:
Page 3 of 5