Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Treadle Sewing Machine with Creativity and $$

by cokenasmile Posted 8th Aug 2006 at 6:44 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2008 at 9:11 PM by -Maylin-

113 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 106 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 9:09 AM
Great job!
Forum Resident
#52 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 10:35 AM
OMG, it's sooooo awesome. I actually have an old sewing machine like that, but in dark wood, lol.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#53 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:01 AM
No Frills Singer
Fantastic Cokenasmile - thanks a lot for doing that.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 3:09 PM
Maxon - You're welcome. No problem. Looks like other people like the no frills version, too.

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 5:27 AM
W.O.W Amazing detail! Thank you for sharing it!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 10:22 AM
Looks excellent.

One question, it looks great for business use people get skilled while earning money. Is it possible to get employees to use it and if its a home business does the owner get the money for skilling or employees. Also same question for community businesses. If business gets money its one way make a business without customers
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 8:03 PM
RoyalHankey - I have just tested what you ask and find this:

I cannot assign an employee to use the sewing machine, but could get them to use it by using InSiminator to make them selectable and then send each person to their sewing. If I made them unselectable, I did not get any money from their skill gain, and in fact, they didn't record a skill gain as I checked their employee stats. If I kept them selectable, then I did get the skill gain for them and the payout. However, I also selected passersby and made them com in and sew. Same results except I didn't have to hire them or pay them. SO, you have to cheat to set it up and keep them selectable, but it does add to your business cash flow and all that. I didn't test in a community lot. I am thinking I would need to clone a crafting station and do a major rehaul to make it work for employee skill points and bagdes and whatnot. I have no current plans to do that as I have other projects I am working on. I hope this helps.

One way you can make money from it in a business without cheats is to use the ticket machine on your lot and let customers use the equipment. But this still won't pay you for their skill gain if they get any.

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 11:16 PM Last edited by RoyalHankey : 10th Aug 2006 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spelling error
Quote: Originally posted by cokenasmile
RoyalHankey - I have just tested what you ask and find this:

I cannot assign an employee to use the sewing machine, but could get them to use it by using InSiminator to make them selectable and then send each person to their sewing. If I made them unselectable, I did not get any money from their skill gain, and in fact, they didn't record a skill gain as I checked their employee stats. If I kept them selectable, then I did get the skill gain for them and the payout. However, I also selected passersby and made them com in and sew. Same results except I didn't have to hire them or pay them. SO, you have to cheat to set it up and keep them selectable, but it does add to your business cash flow and all that. I didn't test in a community lot. I am thinking I would need to clone a crafting station and do a major rehaul to make it work for employee skill points and bagdes and whatnot. I have no current plans to do that as I have other projects I am working on. I hope this helps.

One way you can make money from it in a business without cheats is to use the ticket machine on your lot and let customers use the equipment. But this still won't pay you for their skill gain if they get any.

Ok thank you, i have downloaded it and it looks and is great.

One idea is to have a home clothes business with these machines and sims can skill and get money each skill level and it will look as if they are making there own clothes looking from outside.

Gave you thanks etc
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 1:38 AM
Glad something will work for you RoyalHankey. And thanks for using the thanks button... so many people don't. It's a little thing that makes it worth sharing.

Field Researcher
#60 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 4:53 AM
This is an impressive piece of work! It looks authentic, adds heaps of charm, and it's functional. Can't ask for more than that!

I've downloaded both EP versions, but unfortunately can only use the THANK YOU button once. You deserve more. Thank you, thank you, thank you...
Instructor
#61 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 5:35 AM
SWEET!
If only I weren't having problems with Q-Xpress right now. Xx I hope it's just a temporary site-glitch, not one I have to go after... BAH! Meh.
Instructor
#62 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 5:41 AM
Aaaand I think I found out how to thank you twice for this.. xD Do thanks button then vote and thank. =D xD
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 7:54 AM
IsolinaBlack - Thank you for thanking me and trying to do it twice, but it only records it one time. Good idea though.

Test Subject
#64 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 10:29 PM
Awesome!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 4:09 PM
Absolutely BRILLIANT! Thank you so much. Thank you 10 times!
Test Subject
#66 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 5:13 PM
ah-mazing work! It's perfect.. thanks so much for sharing.
*Brenna

fully alive, more than most ready to smile and love life.
Test Subject
#67 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 11:11 PM
I just downloaded this and can't wait to try it. It looks like my Grandmother's machine, which I restored and have sitting about 10 feet away from me as I type this.
Test Subject
#68 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 12:16 AM
Thank you so much for this. I used to sew before I started playing the sims. Now I can at least let my sims sew. This is beautiful.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Scholar
#69 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 11:09 AM
Wow! Just perfect for my victorian ladies sewing room.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 2:51 PM
So so... That's cool, realy cool! (:
Field Researcher
#71 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 2:12 PM
So creative and well done! Your hard work certainly paid off
Thanks a buch for sharing it with us
Test Subject
#72 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 9:59 PM
It is just awesome work..........Do you know of any conflicts anyone else is having with it in their game.
The only one that will show in my game is the base and I have univ also.......the one for the ep's show icon and I click but will not let me put it in the game......
I am so jealous of everyone who has it for their sims.....lol their great....the loom, treadle and sewing machine, but I'm having the same with all of them.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 3:09 AM Last edited by cokenasmile : 27th Aug 2006 at 6:51 PM. Reason: added link to thread where this is being discussed
BarbieAnn210, I have a computer set up with the base game only. The base game only versions of the sewing machines and looms work fine in a pure base game environment plus InSim. I have no other hacks on that computer and do not know if the objects might have some conflict with other hacks, sorry.
As for the EP versions, I have tested them on another computer with all three of the EP's installed at once and I know they do work under those conditions. I received reports from people that they were playable using just University or just Nightlife plus the base game. I have not personally confirmed this however since I don't plan to uninstall my games.
To answer your question, I have had maybe four? people say they had a problem placing the items in the game, and each time it was because they had the wrong version for their game. Please be sure to check your downloads folder and see which versions you installed and remove the versions that are not for your particular game set-up. All the base game versions should say "base" in the name. The other way to tell is by price because I made them all at different price points with different descriptions. The prices are listed in the thread for each download. If you need more help, please feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.

I'm glad you like the items. Thanks for the compliments.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN THIS PROBLEM: please go to the Sewing Machine thread http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...=1&page=5&pp=25 titled **UPDATED ** BASE GAME or EP's Sewing Machine with Creativity Skill Points & $$ for the rest of the discussion. Once it is resovled, I'll post the answer/fix/whatever back here.

Test Subject
#74 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 7:16 PM
This is a great item. So detailed and real looking. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 7:36 AM
OK, the new version for UNI is up and it turns out that it works with UNI+NL+OFB on my computer, but I did not test individual expansion pack compatibility. It does not pay out and does not overwrite anything. It has it's own GUID's so if you have expansions, you can have the Uni version and the EP version both, though I don't know why you would want to.

Page 3 of 5