Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

My Daisy -UPDATE-

by thunderbreak Posted 11th Jun 2005 at 6:20 AM - Updated 19th Feb 2006 at 2:01 AM by thunderbreak : Update

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
#76 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 9:28 AM
Will do, Thanks. I love both of your Daisy and Toadstool sims.
#77 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 1:41 PM
Sorry to be a bother but was the mesh for the dress ever found?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#78 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 5:31 AM
I looked around, but seems like she's removed all of her stuff, and she didn't direct a link to her website. Chances are I'll have to make another one to replace this some time soon.

Don't get mad, get even.
Test Subject
#79 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 4:29 AM
Not to seem alittle annoying, but what is the news on the dress? I'd really like to download it, but I can't do too much without the mesh.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whtsnk58
Not to seem alittle annoying, but what is the news on the dress? I'd really like to download it, but I can't do too much without the mesh.
Sorry, I'll get a new one sometimes next week.

Don't get mad, get even.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 3:07 AM
Greetings

LOL, I am glad I was not the brave soul that had to ask that question, though I would have if someone else hadn't already pestered you. :stick: However, here another question for you:

When someone drops off the map like that and is gone for a L-O-N-G time and no-one can get in contact with them, can you package the meshes with your creations/recolors? Or do you have to make the meshes from scratch; in which case wouldn't it end up being the same as putting their mesh in with your stuff. I would think that as long as you gave credit for the piece that it should be ok to package it along with your stuff, if you have it yourself that is (especially in the case of someone who's meshes I have noted as being required for a LARGE number of the skins I have been trying to DL), but I am not sure about the etiquette since I am rather new to modding.

I know creations are like children, but when you abandon children (or in this case the children dependant upon that which you took away), someone else steps in to take care of them. I mean let’s face it, she is apparently gone, her stuff has been removed from everywhere, and her site taken down. What about all those awesome skins and things that were created using her meshes as the base? Is all that hard work simply lost forever to those who came after and do not already have those meshes? :rip:

It’s some thoughts and a sweeping question; care to share your more experienced insight? Or perhaps it would be more appropriate for me to ask someone else (i.e. one of the moderators)?

Happy Hunting
RF

btw: how do you plan on fixing the dress problem? No offence to your other version, but that is the one I really wanted. :weep:

Duty is heavier than a mountain - Death is lighter than a feather. The Wheel of Time

Pain is a blessing, anger is a gift

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new. Robert Service
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#82 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 8:47 AM
Actually I think the reason she's gone is probably because of piracy usage of her work. So if I took her work and uploaded it here it'll just renforce her idea. Therefore I'll need her permission to upload, but the paradox is that I can't find her.

Don't get mad, get even.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 2:50 PM Last edited by Rocas Faol 777 : 9th Jan 2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: updated with new info
Really? She seemed so open about her work in the few comments I have seen from her scattered throughout the web (during my search for her). I wonder what caused that to happen. Oh well, it’s a shame her bastard children will eventually fade away, but what'cha gone' do?

Another one that has faded into obscurity but left the mark of their talent on the modding community is Compulsive D. There are skins floating around whose meshes can no longer be found. In D's case however, I believe it also had to do with real life and only having enough time make stuff for personal use. A lot of people don't realize how stressful it can get with those modders that have the bull’s share of the talent.

Well any-who, how are you planning to (take your time btw) settle the issue with Daisy then? Make an all new mesh to accommodate or just make a new outfit using another mesh? Either way, will you be able to recreate the dress in question? Like I said, take your time; I for one am in no hurry.

Happy Hunting
RF

EDIT: What did the original dress look like? Can you give me a pic? If so PM or eMail it to me. I just found a veritable cornucopia, an absolute buttload (if you will) of Shannara's meshes still posted to a site and if one of them is it, I will be set! It looks like it could be her mermaid mesh... -rf

Duty is heavier than a mountain - Death is lighter than a feather. The Wheel of Time

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new. Robert Service
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#84 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 1:31 AM
It'll be difficult to dig out some pictures, maybe next time I open the game I'll take some screenshots for you. Also, I believe people were putting her stuff on pay sites and making money off them. Which all of us "freelance" people despise with passion.

Don't get mad, get even.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#85 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:09 PM
I just checked, those are only recolors.

Don't get mad, get even.
Test Subject
#86 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thunderbreak
Sorry, I'll get a new one sometimes next week.

It has been almost 2 weeks, got any news on the mesh?

The darkness is your only one true ally.....

.....so why deny it?
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 11:13 PM
Greetings

&
It has been almost 2 weeks, got any news on the mesh?

:: chuckles :: Dude, calm down. You aren't getting annoying quite yet, but it may take him a while between real life stuff, his other projects, and this. Heck he has to find another MESH that can be used to the same effect, or make one himself to recreate this dress. LOL We are lucky he is willing to do it at all, considering he already put the time and effort into it once and it is not his fault Shannara got tired of simming and pulled her stuff. Not to mention she had more than one, and perhaps even more than three mermaid MESH versions floating around. I know because I found two or three of them still out there and none of them are the correct MESH because the outfit still does not show up.

In addition (no slight intended to Thunderbreak), Shannara was what I personally would call a Master MESHer. Like Compulsive D, who has also faded from the scene for the most part, she made a lot of really unique and outstanding MESH's that a large amount of later work was based on or inspired by. Trying to live up to that takes a lot of effort and skill. Thunder has already shown some of these qualities in his other work/designs. It is that quality that we should be willing to wait for, not hastily prepared, slipshod, horrible looking product.

That said; get back to work Thunder!

LOL, just kidding brah.

Happy Hunting
RF

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#88 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 7:18 AM
I will I will, my brain is occupied with a million things recently, but I'll be back soon. Once again I'm really sorry :salute:

Don't get mad, get even.
Forum Resident
#89 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 8:26 PM
I love this. I'm not a Mario fan, but Daisy(your version) looks gourgeous.
The link to the dress mesh won't work, though, help?

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:28 AM
Very showy, but great! She is as sexy as your Peach!!!! I am sure Luigi will be struck in awe, lol xD Of course Nintendo had to get Luigi a girlfriend too, but I never got deep enough in the subject to find out WTF she is even princess OF. Anyways, you remixed her and I love it! Great job!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:03 AM
OK. Nintendo nerd nitpick time.

1) Daisy was not the princess that you had to rescue in the Donkey Kong game. That was Mario's girlfriend Pauline, back from when Mario was a plumber who lived in the Bronx. Basically, before the whole Mushroom Kingdom/Peach/Bowser thing was invented.

2) Daisy is the princess of Sarasaland, the place you play in the Super Mario Land games.

3) I liked Tatanga. Why isn't Tatanga in any new Mario games? He'd be great as a random unlockable character in a Mario Party game or something. o.o;

Anyway, I love it. I am cosplaying Daisy for a con this year, and if I wasn't fat, I'd cosplay Daisy like that. ;>> :x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 7:39 AM
I was actually hoping for a daisy dress, not some 'sexy' halloween costume looking thing. -_-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 7:18 PM
Awesome!
Test Subject
#95 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 6:08 AM
Would this happen to be the Shannara everyone is asking about? http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...nara_Simfashion
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 7:33 PM
Thanks for catching when the link died and fixing!
Page 4 of 4