Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 15
Test Subject
#276 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 9:25 PM Last edited by Dabih : 11th Sep 2007 at 6:08 PM.
The new EP, Bon Voyage, is out in a few days. Will the custom walls work ok with that? Also, will I have any problems installing the new EP if I have changed my walls file?

p.s Having removed all my hacks and modifications, I installed Bon Voyage over the weekend. I then installed the Scriptorium and the unlevel walls and it appears to work fine
Mad Poster
#277 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:26 AM
It's often a wise choice to install an EP without any hack or mod. So if any problem happens, you can report back to Maxis for official support.

Rather than a mix of potential causes both officially and customly...
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 6:01 PM Last edited by LegolasFFM : 20th Sep 2007 at 7:14 PM. Reason: added info
I forgot to take out the modified walls.txt before I installed bv
maybe it messed up the file ...?!?
I restored the original file with scriptorium and installed the modified walls again....but still I keep missin every second thumbnail pic....please anyone help me ?!?
maybe I just need a new walls.txt that works fine for other players with all the walls ??! anyone can send the walls.txt or help me ?

thank you

ps I also deleted the files in the "thumbnail folder" but it didnt make any changes....:-(
Mad Poster
#279 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 9:04 AM
LegolasFFM,

May check for the wall.txt for every EP you've installed, I suspect one or two might have been replaced or altered.
How to know if the file has been altered?
sort the file by clicking the modified date in the detailed view of he window explorer. if the date of the wall.txt is not the same as that of the other scripts found in the same directory.
report back here to see if someone can help upload the appropriate versions to help solve it.

For the base game, the file "BACKUP_RestoreMaxisWalls-Only.zip" at the download section. And if you want scriptorium, it may work better after your recovering the deafult scripts first and do a newer installation and add those custom scripts back. During re-installation of custom scripts, avoid over-writing when you do it except for the scriptorium installation.
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 12:45 PM
thank you for your reply Niol.

I checked the walls.txt as you told me and here s the result:

walls.txt base game 13.09.2007 (thats the one that scriptorium modified I guess)
walls.txt family fun 16.03.2006
walls.txt glamour 21.07.2006
walls.txt bon voyage 04.08.2007
walls.txt h&m 14.05.2007
walls.txt pets 8.9.2006
walls.txt nightlife 17.8.2005
walls.txt ofb 6.2.2006
walls.txt party 2.3.2007
walls.txt seasons 25.01.2007
walls.txt uni 14.2.2005

the only walls.txt I ever touched was the base game one when I installed any prev. version of numenors easy walls.....now I just wanted to update them cos I didnt have the "no-cut-away" wall.
the only catalog description that I see is the one of the "no cut away"...there s no description at the other walls :-(

so now I Listed all the dates of the files....but how do I know which one is not an original walls.txt file ?
a few weeks ago I reinstalled the whole game....and as I said the only walls.txt that I changed was the base game one....to have the easy walls in game....
Mad Poster
#281 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:14 PM Last edited by niol : 21st Sep 2007 at 6:39 PM. Reason: Sorry, I forgot to attach the file :P
LegolasFFM,

I'm only trying.
The dates for the others appear reasonable to me while I can't check all coz I've no EP4 and many SPs.
It seems the base game one was modified on 13th Sep 2007 by at least an act. Did you install the scriptorium that date and the approximate time?

Anyway, attached is my manual version from my fresh newly installed base game wall.txt file... May try it to overwrite the present base game one to see if it helps. The definitions in it follow the Scriptorium manual, so it should work with the rests as planned.
If that doesn't work, I'm curious about the other versions of the wall.txt in your game copy. If you don't mind, may you attach them or show me the wall definitions in them?

By the way,
1. Any link made in the downloads folder for Scriptorium?
2. did your copy of the scriptorium create some folders called
Scriptorium_Fireplaces
Scriptorium_ModularStairs
Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches
Scriptorium_CustomLights
at the " ...\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts" folder
&
"...\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Lights" folder
that the links in your downloads folder lead to.

3. did you install the EPs and/or SPs according to the sequence order of their release date?

Sorry for my asking some extra questions. I'm trying to see what might else be wrong in your instace .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  walls.rar (2.7 KB, 18 downloads)
Test Subject
#282 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=niol]
3. did you install the EPs and/or SPs according to the sequence order of their release date?QUOTE]

just a stupid question do you actually need to install the Eps & SPs according to the sequence order of their release date?
I had to reinstall my game several times cause I needed SimPE wich works only with Seasons, but I never installed them in order and I had no problems at all

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
Mad Poster
#283 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 11:56 PM
djfreek80,

The sequential order is just a suspected potential factor for some problems. I'm asking by the way just to see if it might have something to do in that case just in case.

But seemingly, your experiences confirm that won't be a potential factor.here? Then, that's good , one potential factor is eliminated.
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 7:50 PM Last edited by daz_far : 16th Dec 2007 at 1:16 AM.
I had a problem booting up The Sims 2 and I traced it back to your wall repository. I uninstalled all walls and removed all associated scripts, which walls would you recommend I install? I have read the top of the thread to steer clear of the UnLevel wall, but I'm afraid that other walls have the same problem. The game was working afetr I uninstalled the walls.

Printed Notice:
NOTICE: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't actually worth noticing
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Mad Poster
#285 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daz_far
I had a problem booting up The Sims 2 and I traced it back to your wall repository. I uninstalled all walls and removed all associated scripts, which walls would you recommend I install? I have read the top of the thread to steer clear of the UnLevel wall, but I'm afraid that other walls have the same problem.

have you used SCRIPTORIUM as suggested?
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 4:53 AM Last edited by daz_far : 21st Nov 2007 at 9:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by niol
have you used SCRIPTORIUM as suggested?

I did, its been installed. If it helps, I have Windows Vista Ultimate. What makes this more ironic is that this thread says that the unlevel walls cause "random" crashes, but my game kept crashing on boot up with the same error, at the same time.

Printed Notice:
NOTICE: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't actually worth noticing
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Test Subject
#287 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 4:20 PM
Thousand thanks, this walls are the end of my building-problems.

Too old to learn better english.but too young to have no wishes (for my sims)
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:43 AM Last edited by MorriganRane : 18th Apr 2008 at 1:52 AM.
I have a question, I would like snappledude's functional basements which requires a deck script change as well as a wall script change. Is there anyway that it would be able to work with the scriptorium so that I will not be changing my core scripts? I am sure that the walls would turn out fine but am unsure of the other file.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Test Subject
#289 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:46 PM
I'v tried. I'll try again! Third time lucky huh?
Mad Poster
#290 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 5:37 PM Last edited by niol : 9th Jun 2008 at 5:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MorriganRane
I have a question, I would like snappledude's functional basements which requires a deck script change as well as a wall script change. Is there anyway that it would be able to work with the scriptorium so that I will not be changing my core scripts? I am sure that the walls would turn out fine but am unsure of the other file.

just back up the all original scripts, and should there be any problem, swap back to the original one.

Just copy the scriptorium lines to the end of snappledude's wall.txt.
If more details are necessary, may download and read the manual file at the download section from the scriptorium thread.

Pewter,

Maybe, to post out your problem(s) can increase the likelihood of a luck?
Test Subject
#291 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 2:37 PM
i am really amazed... really cool upload and creation. i was wondering if you could make a costum default wall replacement for the base game wall that is normally a white-ish colour. just i need it badly a custum default replacement wall. thats only if you have free time and if you do request. thanks :D
Test Subject
#292 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:32 PM
Default Problem
I've followed the install instructions for the unlevelled walls twice now, but the walls don't show up in the catalog. I've tried having the .txt and the .package files both in the scriptorium walls folder and having the .txt in the scriptorium folder and the .package file in the downloads folder. None of these work. If it helps I'm running TS2 with only University Expansion on Vista Home Premium.

Choonster
Mad Poster
#293 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:46 AM
Test Subject
#294 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:07 AM
Choonster,

what're the file name(s)?
can you copy out their names?

The names are both the same: 90_UnlevelledWalls.package and .txt
Mad Poster
#295 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:13 PM
90_UnlevelledWalls.package should be placed in the download folder or its subdirectories while 90_UnlevelledWalls.txt should be placed in the scriptorium walls folder.
Test Subject
#296 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 2:38 AM
90_UnlevelledWalls.package should be placed in the download folder or its subdirectories while 90_UnlevelledWalls.txt should be placed in the scriptorium walls folder.

I just tried that, but the wall still doesn't show up in the catalog.
Mad Poster
#297 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Choonster
I just tried that, but the wall still doesn't show up in the catalog.

hm..., may you go check if the wall.txt file in the upper script folder has [wildInclude "Scriptorium_Walls\*.*"] at its end?

if not, add it in.

if the problem persists, may either re-install Scriptorium or post your wall.txt here for a check.
Test Subject
#298 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 7:24 AM
hm..., may you go check if the wall.txt file in the upper script folder has [wildInclude "Scriptorium_Walls\*.*"] at its end?

if not, add it in.

if the problem persists, may either re-install Scriptorium or post your wall.txt here for a check.

I tried both of these and it was the re-install that finally solved the problem.

Thanks for the help,
Choonster
Inventor
#299 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 9:34 PM
The 300th reply is mine.
Great job, Numenor, great job!
Test Subject
#300 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 8:51 AM
Well, i have all EP and apartment life. I did everything as u said but my walls are invisible and i don't have foundations at all. Did I have to put the files to The sims 2 or to the sims 2 apartment life or? pls explain ;/
Page 12 of 15