Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functioning Toddler Playpen

by Echo Posted 26th Jun 2005 at 1:04 PM - Updated 30th May 2006 at 11:15 AM by Echo

259 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 252 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 11
Test Subject
#76 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 1:25 PM
how do you change the filetype so you load it on the sims 2?
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 1:42 PM
This is awsome. I love it!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:40 PM
Test Subject
#79 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 3:55 PM
Awsome!!!!i have been waiting for this for so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

*~*ToNi*~*
Instructor
#80 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 4:06 PM
This looks really interesting. Big thankyou for sharing your work.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 4:15 PM
This is really good, im surprised that it didnt come with the game, you would think they would give us something to do with our toddlers... well im glad you did !!!
Test Subject
#82 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 4:26 PM
hey ehco can you have more than one playpen in a house? cause i have trips and they wont stop playing with that toliet!lol

*~*ToNi*~*
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:05 AM
of course you can have more than one i have 2 in my house
Test Subject
#84 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:12 AM
Thanks soooo much for this object! It was something that I have wanted for a loooooong time!

One question. When I place this object in my house it has no colours....it is just blue...the entire thing....it looks nothing like it should.

I have a very good comp with an ATI Radeon 9600. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change for this to appear correctly?

The strange thing is that I also downloaded a baby blanket type of object from here that allows babys to be put on it...kinda like a mat. Well, it also appears in this blue colour. Everything else looks normal. I have n ever seen this before.

Very strange..... :confused:

Thanks again
Heather
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:29 AM
This is BY FAR a very much needed object. A thousand and one thanks for this item, Echo. Maxis should be heartily chastised for not thinking of this to begin with. I mean, who just plops their baby any old place on the floor or makes them live their toddler days out in the crib? For shame Maxis, for shame!!!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 5:14 AM
Heather: That's certainly odd... I'm assuming you're refering to atavera's crib-blanket? While both objects are cloned from the crib, I've never heard of this particular problem. Is it the blue flashing texture you're getting (does it flash when you go into live mode) or just a solid blue colour? Could you send me a screen shot perhaps?
Test Subject
#87 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 6:00 AM
Earlier you said something about toddlers escaping the crib. Can they really do that and how?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 6:14 AM
NigeriaH2: If your toddlers have learned to walk, and are sufficiently unhappy with being in their crib, they will climb over the sides and escape.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 6:19 AM
echo: i had the same problem that people been having with them cant see the rails on the bed i got it to work it was the texture was to low under the grapics setting i had to put it on high so far i had no trouble with it, its so adorable and i thank you very much for making it

also i had my toddler in the toddler bed i downloaded next thing i know she was on the floor playing with the dollhouse.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 2:36 PM
Great job! And much needed for all of us with triplets and quadruplets! Thanks.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 2nd Jul 2005 at 10:09 PM
Echo, great job! I'm curious, would the "Baby Mobiles for Cribs" by Rentechd work with this playpen?
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...thread.php?t=79

I'd rather have my toddlers learning skills then sitting in a playpen doing nothing but I still think you did a great job, if the baby mobiles do work then atleast the poor kids could be learning something

Quote: Originally posted by x0princess
hey ehco can you have more than one playpen in a house? cause i have trips and they wont stop playing with that toliet!lol

*~*ToNi*~*

I just use twojeffs "Fix for toddlers playing with toilets" http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...hread.php?t=415
Field Researcher
#92 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 2:50 AM
This is really great, thanks.
#93 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 3:01 AM
how do u get it?
Test Subject
#94 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 4:18 AM
This is great! Thanks! *kissess*
Test Subject
#95 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 5:57 PM
Thank you, Thank you, I've been looking for one!!!
#96 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 7:37 PM
Just so you know, when I put the playpen in my house, the bars don't show up. It looks kinda funny.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:22 AM Last edited by Echo : 4th Jul 2005 at 2:34 PM.
Caitlyn: That's been pointed out already in the thread. It's related to low-detail in the graphics. The fix requires better meshing skills than I have, so I'm waiting for someone to come along and decide to remesh.

SleepyCat: That's a very good question. The mesh will almost certainly be at the wrong height... But it may work. I'll have a look at it this evening
Edit: I haven't had a chance to run it in game yet, but as best I can tell from the code it should work fine. It just won't quite line up right.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 1:08 PM
Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing :D
Test Subject
#99 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 2:16 PM
it's so cool
Scholar
#100 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 6:01 PM
fantastic new item, thanks
Page 4 of 11