Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bodybuilder mesh, or Beosboxboy by Ju - UPDATED 27-08-05: FIXED FILES

by marvine Posted 27th Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM - Updated 23rd Aug 2005 at 8:40 PM by marvine

308 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 301 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 13
Test Subject
#101 Old 30th Aug 2005 at 10:23 PM
I love it! Not too many muscles, but just big ones! I can't wait to see it in my game! Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#102 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 2:36 AM
Wanted you to know - I put Muscle Man in my game and WOW!!! Lovin' him! Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 12:38 AM
Nice work...Thank you!

Viv
Test Subject
#104 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 6:17 AM
I've been waiting for this! Thanks!
Test Subject
#105 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 3:17 AM
Many, many thanks Marvine! It's a wonderful male form that I enjoy a lot. I've been looking around for skinning toots to see if I could add hair and etc. (Still looking). But it occured to me that it would be nice if when a Sim becomes fit after working out that he would take on your muscle man mesh as default even when nude. It seems to be possible to change it in SimPE but I don't know enough to do it. What do you think?

Meantime I'm able to use a mixture of regular Sims and your wonderful Muscleman and if I pick the correct custom skin he will keep his shape even in the shower. Still don't understand why but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Would love to apply the hairysims skins to this mesh. If you know of a link to a tutorial that explains this I would greatly appreciate a push in the right direction. I got the Biker Sim, available somewhere on this site, which prompted this inquiry. Wonderful work and thanks to all envolved.
Instructor
Original Poster
#106 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 8:24 AM
Sdfisher,

I'm glad you enjoy this mesh!

Quote:
But it occured to me that it would be nice if when a Sim becomes fit after working out that he would take on your muscle man mesh as default even when nude. It seems to be possible to change it in SimPE but I don't know enough to do it. What do you think?

I gave a lot of thought about that, and experimented every idea I had. It's easy to make a specific custom skintone which makes the sim fit when naked only when he works out enough - I just have to link only the "fit" textures to the muscle mesh. I tried that and it works okay.
But it's kind of pointless since the same can't be applied to clothing: the fit state isn't a morph of the mesh, unlike the fat and pregnant state, it's just an enhanced skintone, so I can't use an existing morph - which would still require to rework all existing clothing meshes.
On the other side, there aren't different textures for each state in a clothing package, so I can't link the muscle mesh to a "fit" texture like I do for the nude... If I found a way to include this in the clothing packages (and there must be one), then it would be entirely possible, at least for my muscle version of maxis meshes. But when it comes to the custom meshes, I'd then have to make a "regular" version for each one...

So, you can see why I'm not too eager to involve myself into this...

Quote:
Would love to apply the hairysims skins to this mesh. If you know of a link to a tutorial that explains this I would greatly appreciate a push in the right direction.

There is no tutorial about this, I should post mine really soon. But if you're familiar with SimPE, you could find the short explanation I posted here useful.
Test Subject
#107 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 6:32 AM Last edited by sdfisher : 9th Sep 2005 at 6:59 AM. Reason: An After thought
Thank you for the reply Marvine. I'll check your explanation next. Regarding Muscle mesh for fit, and I hope I have'nt missed your point, I would not mind at all going down to a community lot after the body change and buying a whole new wardrobe to fit my new look. That's what I would have to do in the real world anyway.

But if your saying that the transformation my cause corruption of the mesh file or some other unforseen problem then I understand your delimma. I read an earlier post in another thread where you went into great detail on what it would take, 20,000 man hours is best left up to Maxis. If we could only persuade them to leave it open ended enough to do all we would like to do! One can only wish! I plan to write a note to them to that effect.

It would be nice for example for them (Maxis) to include a feature to let us pick which mesh we would want to use with which skin when nude and let us decide whether to use a custom or maxis default. Maybe if enough of us make a written request, who knows what is possible.

I think they really have something here. I myself get more enjoyment out of customising than actually playing the game. I even use it to re-create my own real-life home and then redecorate it with different colors and furniture placement then doing a walk through. I've actually used the ideas in my own home.

Please forgive my long posts but I'm passionate about what is being done and what could be possible. People like you are what make a boring game exciting.
Test Subject
#108 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 7:44 AM
Just read your piece regarding using Nude Muscle Mesh. I have to say "It's Geek to me!" but I'll give it a go and see what happens. Got everything backed up anyway, what could it hurt? SimPE 44.xx in alpha stage means not many tutorials have been written yet. The shear numbers of posts on this site make finding answers sometimes daunting. But I will persist and hope someday I myself will be able to contribute. I got fairly advanced with modding Sim1, I'm sure I can handle Sim2 & EP. I've sure got the time.
Instructor
Original Poster
#109 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 12:35 PM
Sdfisher,

Stupid me!!! I was a little focused on my tutorial, so you got the explanations for the hard way.

If you want to apply the mesh to the hairy skintones, you just have to make a clone of any of the mesh-liked ones in Bodyshop, and then replace all the textures - it will retain the mesh information. The link I gave you explains how to change the meshes in the first place...

About my explanations, sorry if all this sounds like geek babble, but English isn't my first language and I learned all I know about 3D and modding the game on this forum - so it's hard to put things in a comprehensible way.

And no, there is no risk of corrupting anything; all I meant is that each mesh would need to have a "regular", "fit", "fat" and "pregnant" version, each one needing to be made or reworked separately vertex by vertex in a 3D program... A little ambitious, considering the number of hours in a day.

Anyway, I wish you the best luck and as much pleasure as I find in modding this game!
Test Subject
#110 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 2:51 PM Last edited by sdfisher : 9th Sep 2005 at 2:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Oh good! I got stuck at "To get the GMND, when you extract the shape." I must be using a different version of SimPE than when this was written. I did manage to export Rescources and Shapes, but got real lost after that.

I appreciate the time you take out of your busy schedule to help. It's obvious to me now that I have a lot of learning to do to get up to speed. Don't worry about the geek speak... I've been a heavy computer user for 20 yrs. And sometimes do it myself.

I'll search the threads for the creator of the Biker Sim. He/she did exactly what I'm trying to accomplish and may have some instructions that will help me.

My problem is that I've only had the game for a couple weeks and your simple explanation on how "to apply a mesh to the hairy skintones" still went over my head as I have yet to learn exactly how "to replace all the textures".

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding. And by the way your english is better than most Americans I know. I understand what you say just not how you do it ... yet.

aah! The magic of Photoshop!
Instructor
Original Poster
#111 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 6:35 PM
LOL Sdfisher, you're as eager and messy as I was!

To clone a skintone and replace the textures, you start a new project in Bodyshop - from there, if you're stuck, you can PM me anytime.
Test Subject
#112 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 7:38 PM Last edited by sdfisher : 10th Sep 2005 at 6:42 AM. Reason: Adding comment
Thanks Marvine,

I will probably PM you sometime in the near future. For now I'm determined to find the info already posted on this site myself. I'm getting real close. I was successful at making a new skin in CAS and exporting it. But since I have no male manniquins (sp), I'm not sure it came out right. I think I got ahead of myself.

Anyway I've been up for 36 hrs and need to give it a rest. Searching thru Hony's posts has pointed me in the right direction. Looking forward to your tutorial when I finally leave you alone to finish it.

I'll PM you with my email address in case you think of something that would help.

A Humbled Apprentice am I :D

UPDATE: OK, I think it's finally sinking in - thanks to the reply you gave Hony regarding this subject.

In a nutshell:

(The Instance Number for each Mesh File's Resource Node) = (The Texture File's 3D ID Referencing File Resource Node Instance Number).

I think I understand it now. All I need to do (in simple terms) is to look at a finished project's mesh and insert the desired Instance Number for the Texture I want to use - then commit and give it a new name. Am I on the right track?

If so, I'm off to the tutorials to learn how to do it correctly in SimPE. Thanks so much for the help.

Instructor
Original Poster
#113 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 10:28 AM
Sdfisher, all I can say is that you're on the right track. :D

I just emailed you some info.
Test Subject
#114 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 5:08 PM Last edited by sdfisher : 10th Sep 2005 at 5:51 PM. Reason: Name clarification
Success!!!
Thank you Marvine,

I finally got it figured out. Real easy once you understand the process!

I've sent you a groveling personal email to show my appreciation. :bow: :yippee:

I want to formally thank Marvine, Beosboxboy and Crammyboy for the meshes; AllenABQ and Hony for the Skins and Hony and Metalflex for posting their Avatars and giving me the inspiration to keep at it.

Lots of great talant to be found here.

Field Researcher
#115 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 11:35 PM
You're magnific, Marvine :bow: :clap: :clap:

Thanks, thanks... so much :gidea:

Fabiana.-

PS: Oh...lalalala... Vivre la France !!!
I'm Metalfenix's mother.... :bump: :cdance:
Test Subject
#116 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 8:58 PM
Where are the downloads files, because i want to download this mesh, but i don´t find them.
Test Subject
#117 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 9:44 PM
Great job! Its nice to have other body types in the game. :monkey: Havent tried it yet, but wanted to make a post here so i can subscribe to post, incase of updates :nod:
#118 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 9:35 AM
This has been asked so many times I know...sorry...

To install, do I just download the files and place them in the C:\Documents and Settings\*your-user-name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder? Or do I have to do that linking to non default nude skins etc....to make my sim appear like this when nude?

Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#119 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 12:09 PM
Mossjewel, you have to assign to your sim one of the mesh-linked skintones uploaded here, either when creating him, or then using "sims surgery" in SimPE .

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Test Subject
#120 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:12 AM
Marvine, I cant thank you enough for making this mesh happen! I'v had a lot of fun with it. And making it possible to link the mesh so the shower and naked stuff work was pure genius!!!
#121 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 9:38 PM
Default O.o What Am I doing wrong?
OK. I've installed The Sims 2. I've downloaded the .rar files into C:\Documents and Settings\*your-user-name*\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads. But everytime I attempt to extract them to install the meshes and such, the Sims Content Installer pops up and says I must double click a "custom content package file to install the content." Which is what I did before the window popped up. Help? Someone?
Forum Resident
#122 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 10:05 PM Last edited by jinyc : 29th Sep 2005 at 10:20 PM.
Do you have WinRar? If you do then all you have to do is click on the file above, choose open (this will send the rar file to a TEMP folder). The rar will then open and all you have to do is choose the DBPF files and then extract them to you Downloads folder (in My Doc/Sims2/Downloads). Do not double click on the files. Highlight them for extraction. DBPF files are not installed by the Installer. You install them. Sims2Pack files are the only ones that you double click on and the game automatically installs them.
Test Subject
#123 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 10:11 PM
*drools*

Hahahahahahaha
#124 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 5:04 PM
Can Any one make this for the other ages like teen, young adult, elder and the two others?
Test Subject
#125 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 9:02 AM
haha, i can be strong in a second! thanks
Page 5 of 13