Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Adults Go Steady - (Updated 7/1/2007)

by syberspunk Posted 27th Jun 2006 at 6:02 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2007 at 6:17 PM by syberspunk : added Go Steady want check tree - requires teenenabledwoohoowants

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 10:19 AM
Alright, I tweaked the autonomy and the acceptance code a little. It turns out, the original test for Go Steady already checks if the sim has a crush at least, however... if not, it Does allow the option if there is chemistry... So... that is probably why, even if the sims in question did not have crushes on each other, they might have high enough chemistry that the option was available. Whether or not the chemistry shows up in the UI panel or not, I don't know. I don't think those bolts are set until sims interact, possibly requiring a romantic interaction... but I believe the underlying chemistry can be present even though the bolty icons might not show it yet. *shrugs*

Anyhew... I tweaked it so that, in the autonomous versions... if autonomous, the sims with crushes will still be autonomous. Sims who do not have crushes must be fairly outgoing (7+).

For the acceptance code... it depended originally on LTR, STR, mood, and niceness. It seems that, if the LTR > 40, STR > 30, and Mood > 40... the sim will accept! So... I guess the possibility of accepting, even tho they may not have a crush, is pretty high already. AND!!! Even if LTR < 40... sims who are Very nice (>6) will still have a very good chance of accepting. :P

I tweaked that it should check if the target sim is in love with someone else, who is still alive, other than the asking sim. However, even if this is true, as sims meet each check (LTR, STR, Mood, and Niceness), they will have a higher random chance of still accepting, ranging from 25-45% (so still slightly less than 1/2 the time). Family sims will have a slightly higher chance, with a max of 55% chance of acceptance. Romance sims will be less likely.

All of this remains untested, but the code looks clean enough to me. I'll probably test it out sometime tomorrow when I get the chance. I also have a few tweaks to my grow up townies hack that I still need to test, before I release the next version of that.

Anyhew, as always, back up your stuff... keep a backup maybe of the previous version, just in case I missed anything. And let me know if you have any problems. These are small, yet somewhat significant tweaks. Hopefully it lesses acceptance and autonomy, but it should totally stomp it out. Hopefully, with the randomness, it will be reasonable.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 11:55 PM
Ok, I tweaked the autonomous versions a little since it seemed to be a bit too autonomous for my tastes. Autonomy should now be restricted to:

1) Sims who have high attraction and/or in love with the target
2) Sims who are very outgoing (>=7) and either
i. have a crush OR
ii. have chemistry and are a Family, Popularity, or Pleasure sim.

Please update and test, if you are using the autonomous versions. The no autonomy versions remain unchanged i.e. no need to update.

Ste
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 10:21 AM
Default Separate package file
Hi,

I have always wanted this mod and now there it is, but ...

I propably sound stupid but I am a little bit confused.... I have UNI, NL and OFB, but no woohoo teens mod or Inteen (and I want to keep it this way). So, I have to download NL and later version, right? This is the separate package file? I want to combine this mod with Casual Romance and Romance mods. Will it work even if I don't have any woohoo teens in my game?

TIA
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 8:28 AM
Yes. This should work fine without any kind of woohoo teens. You do not need woohoo teens at all for this to work in your game. Let me know if you have problems.

Ste
Field Researcher
#30 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 12:06 PM
Hi, I'm not sure on the correct forum or whatnot for my post but I just wanted to say that at least in my game (with all EPs AND PETS) there is a conflict with this hack. I used the Hack Conflict Detection Utility program from Paladin's Palace. I dont know enough about all the technical stuff, I just know that this came up extensively in the scan. *shrugs*
Anyway, hopefully it's not just me but can't wait to have this back in game. Its one of those essentials that make the game just that much more enjoyable!!
~Rav :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 4:00 AM
Default Wtf
I can't get it to work, it's in the download folder, no sub folders.... what am i missing?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 12:07 PM
I'm sorry, but you're both going to have to provide more information before I can even begin to help.

@Ravynlee:

What specific hack or hacks are you finding the conflict with? When you scan your hacks with the paladintool, it should give you a list of specific hacks. In most cases, if there is a conflict, you will have to choose to use this hack or the other.

@ElisaVilla:

Can you be more specific about how it is not working? Did you make sure you unzipped the .package file? Are the sims that you are trying to have go steady in a high enough relationship? The Go Steady option will not show up right away. And you have to make sure that the sims involved are not already going steady, engaged, or married to someone else. Finally, even if you try to make someone go steady, the other sim can still reject it if they are in a bad mood or what not.

Ste
Field Researcher
#33 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 3:04 PM
Hi, me again. Actually after reinstalling this it seems to be working again. I took it (and all downloads and hacks) out before installing Pets and put them back in and things went a little funny. So after running the hack detector I took out anything that repeatedly came up and now it seems to work fine. I guess it was just a matter of trial and error to see what works and what doesn't. So anyway, long story short, seems fine now.
Thanks again. Its a mod I dont want to live without! :D

~Rav
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 2:49 AM
":busted: This hack will conflict with Squinge's easier break up hack. It may at first appear to be a benign conflict, but you may experience unexpected/unwanted behaviour in your game if you use them both. So don't. I am not responsible for whatever mischief may occur or however your game may get buggered should you decide to ignore this warning."

In your intro, you said it conflicts with Squinge's Easier Break-Up... I was just wondering, what exactly COULD go wrong? I already have this mod, and was about to download Squinge's one when I read that they might conflict....
Field Researcher
#35 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 11:59 AM
Quote:
"busted: This hack will conflict with Pescado's marriage-traditional hack. I have uploaded a version that included the marriage-traditional changes where female sims always take the last name of the male sim and same sex sims retain their own last name."

Does this mean that your "adults go steady" hack has the marriage traditional changes included, or is there a special version for that and which version is that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by curiousfire
In your intro, you said it conflicts with Squinge's Easier Break-Up... I was just wondering, what exactly COULD go wrong? I already have this mod, and was about to download Squinge's one when I read that they might conflict....

I'm not exactly sure. I didn't really take a look at Squinge's hack. Why not try it and see if anything breaks. At worst, you might have adult sims who might not be able to break up. Depends on whether or not the break up test (for going steady - there is a separate test for engagement/marriage) checks for age, since the original Maxis code restricts going steady to teens only.

Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
Does this mean that your "adults go steady" hack has the marriage traditional changes included, or is there a special version for that and which version is that?

Sorry, it's been so long since I first made this and created the readme note, that I realize it may not be clear. When I get a chance, I will update it. For now, please note:

Quote: Originally posted by Me
Each .zip archive contains both traditional marriage and default versions. Please only use One version that is appropriate for your EP(s).

So, you should first decide if you want the autonomous version or the non-autonomous version. Then pick the appropriate version for your EP (Uni or older vs. NL or later, which includes OFB, FFS, GLS, and PETS). Then, inside each .zip file, you will find two files. One is named adultsgosteady and the other is named adultsgosteadyplusmarriage-traditional. Use only one of these files. The adultsgosteadyplusmarriage-traditional contains all the changes from Pescado's hack so you can use that version and completely remove the marriage-traditional file from your Downloads folder. That is, if you want to include the functionality of both hacks in your game.

I hope that makes more sense.

Ste
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 4:35 PM
this hack used to work in my game but now i installed the inteenimater and it stopped working...
it's written that i don't need it because i have the inteenimater, so i romoved it from the game, and in the game it continuous don't working... =(
Can you help me??

(sorry, my english is too bad...)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fefitxinhaa
this hack used to work in my game but now i installed the inteenimater and it stopped working...
it's written that i don't need it because i have the inteenimater, so i romoved it from the game, and in the game it continuous don't working... =(
Can you help me??

(sorry, my english is too bad...)

As I understand it, you shouldn't need this if you have the InTeenimater. If you need help, you should ask for it at the forums there. I suggest you read the extensive documentation that comes with the InTeenimater. It may also be called something entirely different. I think it is called "Committed Relationship" instead of "Go Steady" so it might look different when you click on your sim.

Ste
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 6:37 PM
why it doesn't work with young adults? :\
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 3:56 PM
It should work for teens, young adults, and adults... when I get a chance, I will try and test this out. If you can produce an error log, please attach it.

Ste
Theorist
#41 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 4:09 AM
cool thanks
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 2:36 AM Last edited by MrsSoares : 31st Mar 2007 at 3:14 AM. Reason: clarification
K, my question is this... you say I dont NEED it, but is it not recommended if I have InTeen... becasuse InTeen does not offer the autonomous feature.

Will my puter start to bleed from the eyes if I put them both together?

eta: InTeen does not offer any autonomy, which is what I love about this mod. So can I use both? (Just not sure my not needing it translates into I will regret it... lol)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 9:57 PM
Well... tell you what. Try it out and let me know if it works. :P

Your computer won't necessarily bleed from the eyes but unexpected things might happen. I basically stole borrowed the code jase, so it should mostly be the same... but he may have additional references to some InTeen specific code. :shrug:

Ste
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#44 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 8:19 AM
I hate OFB costumes to stand on the way when choosing a gear. Thank you

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 9:49 AM Last edited by syberspunk : 1st Jul 2007 at 6:18 PM.
v1.10b- Added Go Steady check tree. Requires Teen Enabled Woohoo Wants.

This was only updated for NL and later EPs so far. This is because I have not yet gotten around to making a compatible version of Teen Enabled Woohoo Wants for the basegame and Uni.

ETA: The Go Steady want check tree is already included in the teenenabledadultwants.package for those who want both adult wants for teens and go steady wants for adults. Hack compatibility may report a conflict, but it won't matter as they contain the same changes. These changes provide checking to ensure that they wants roll up only when appropriate. However, it does not actually enable the want to show up.

If you want to enable the Go Steady wants for adults, you must use the teenenabledwoohoowants hack that contains the WantTrees.package in order for the wants to actually roll up for adults. That hack only enables the wants to roll up and does not actually enable the interactions. If you also want to enable Teen Woohoo between teens and between teens and adults, then you must use a hack to enable woohoo for teens such as: Woohoo Teens, the InTeenimater, or Autonomous Casual Romance.

Ste
Test Subject
#46 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:11 PM
Ummm...i dont want to be perverted and all but....Where did u get that ask to get naked option?O_O' i dont know why im asking...and i am disturb and curios about...that...option...Please dont judge me...<_<'

Si lees este mensaje eres caca.
#47 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 3:41 AM
Love this code! Worked perfectly, even without the other hack. =)

Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 3:02 AM
So this allows my adult sims to go steady, but what is up with the teen/adult thing? Does this hack allow teen/adult relationships? Also, I have all expansion packs, so I was wondering, would this work with them?
I looked at where you said the hack for teen/adult relationships could be found, but they seem to be outdated.
So, I was just wondering these things. Thank you!

Take care :)
~Aries
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
Furthermore, it's been pointed out to me that:

For optimum results, this hack requires the 'Go Steady Critical Fix' and the 'Age Transitions - Teens Keep Loves' fixes by twojeffs found here.

I forgot to mention this. I have a tendency to just assume that everyone uses all the hacks I do, or at least the critical fixes. Critical fixes are hacks that every user should have, even if you do not currently witness any symptoms of the problem in your game specifically. These are the type of fixes that are absolutely necessary because they could potentially cause major problems or data corruption in your game. Even if you do not have the problem occuring in your game now, that doesn't mean it could won't crop up later, and by then, it may be too late to fix your game unless you revert to an earlier backup of your data.

Since this information is critical, I felt it warranted a separate post rather than an edit to my previous one. That way, anyone subscribing to the thread will be notified and will be more likely to read this message.

Ste

I tried going to the link, but it won't let me see the page, even though I'm subscribed to the site.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#50 Old 2nd May 2008 at 5:54 AM
Maybe I'm just blind but you said you uploaded a version of the Want Tree that didn't include any changes to Teens? I can't find it. I'm extremely excited that I can have my adults Go Steady, but I'm not to keen on changing anything about my teens. The particular version I'd be most interested in is one without autonomy and includes Pescado's traditional marriage hack. Though if you don't have a version with it included do you know if it would conflict with the marriage last name chooser here?
Page 2 of 3