Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 1:39 AM
Default Illegal Owner Field
Hi...
I am getting an error sometimes with my edited prayable objects ("Illegal owner field").

I've found a few threads talking about it, but am not sure what to do with the information.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=276466
https://modthesims.info/t/489957
https://modthesims.info/showthread....t=Illegal+owner

Looking at my packages, they do share some instance numbers between BHAVs and BCONs. I've been editing the BHAVs, but haven't changed any of the instances, so this is how the object started. Is that the cause of the error? The overlap is mostly between Tuning BCONs and Init/Main BHAVs.

If so, I can change the numbers...but will that leave something elsewhere needing to be matched up again? Should I change the BCONs, or the BHAVs?

Error log and one of the objects attached. If you're trying it out, the plain "pray" interaction is short and will show the error.

EDIT - tried changing the BCON instances, error still occurs.
I'm loathe to zero operands as is suggested in one of those threads - I don't understand it very well, and the time I zeroed them, the object stopped working altogether so I must have got it wrong!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 12:58 AM
I'm no professional coder, so the terms might not be quite right, and I'm not great at explaining, but here's what the problems were. The global 0x033E had two spots for you to exclude some motives. You chose to set those as "Unused" in the dropdown menu. But Unused in SimPE doesn't mean "don't set a motive." If you don't want to choose a motive, you have to set those to Literal 0. If you do that, you'll get a new error on that same line - Break Point Primitive. The reason is that this global is looking for a Sim. In your code, you told the global that the Sim information could be found at Stack Object ID 0. But the stack object ID is not set to the Sim. It's set to the altar. I added a local and added the line Local 0 := My Object ID, then changed the operands in the global to reflect that.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  AE_SunniAltarPainting-MESH-ReligionCompat-IllegalOwnerError.7z (303.7 KB, 1 downloads)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 7:49 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 29th Apr 2024 at 8:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I'm no professional coder, so the terms might not be quite right, and I'm not great at explaining, but here's what the problems were. The global 0x033E had two spots for you to exclude some motives. You chose to set those as "Unused" in the dropdown menu. But Unused in SimPE doesn't mean "don't set a motive." If you don't want to choose a motive, you have to set those to Literal 0. If you do that, you'll get a new error on that same line - Break Point Primitive. The reason is that this global is looking for a Sim. In your code, you told the global that the Sim information could be found at Stack Object ID 0. But the stack object ID is not set to the Sim. It's set to the altar. I added a local and added the line Local 0 := My Object ID, then changed the operands in the global to reflect that.

Thank you for the explanation! I will examine the object and work on understanding it all.
I did wonder what to do with those 'Unused' spots, but couldn't figure anything out. As soon as constants get involved, it all stops making sense.

EDIT - I can see what you have done there. I still don't know what that global is trying to achieve - it looks like it is now doing effectively nothing.
I remember getting that error on other objects/interactions too, but none of the others currently have that global in them. (I think I decided to remove it as I couldn't understand what to do with the fields).

Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 2:25 PM
Maxis uses that global in the tent, if you need an example of how to fill out the operands (I'm not sure it'll work as intended, but that's the example I looked at). The only thing I did differently is in the way I passed the Sim information to the global. Maybe you could try to do it the same way Maxis did and see if it helps? It's in "Interaction - Get in Tent" - 1004.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 5:11 AM
Thanks. I'll file that info for later.