Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 4:22 AM
Mesh Help
I am finally trying my hand at altering and creating meshes in Milkshape and trying to import them into the game. However, I seem to be messing up royally!

I imported some CPU meshes, took a pants bottom and a nude top, altered the pants, and combined them into one mesh to make a jeans and top outfit. Looks good in Milkshape (although the texture does weird transparent stuff), and I can preview it in SimPE. However, when I put it in the game, it is extremely distorted and just not good at all!

I did the fix for the weight and checked the joint alignment, and all seems good, but it is still weird-looking! I never had a problem with Sims 1 and did a lot of meshes in Milkshape with no distortion.

Can someone please explain to me how to export from Milkshape in teeny tiny detail, or at least kick me in the butt and tell me how I screwed up? Thanks!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 3:03 PM
What's a CPU mesh?

I've moved your post from Sims 2 Tools to Body Shop Meshing where it is more appropriate. If you look at the tutorials section at the top of this forum you'll see several Unimesh tutorials - there are three main ones, plus a lot of other ones and an InfoCenter with frequently asked questions. Make sure you go through the Unimesh tutorials as they'll walk you step-by-step through making new body/clothing meshes.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 10:28 PM
Sorry - a CPU mesh is a classic pin-up mesh. I was trying to add a jeans mesh to the game.

And I have looked at these tutorials, and I can't seem to find how to save an original/pieced together mesh, not a somewhat modified mesh. I don't want to change a mesh and overwrite the mesh - I want a whole new mesh, plus the original mesh.

Is there something in the tutorials that I missed that would help me with that?

I will try them, though.