Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted: *UPDATE* - Recolourable and "wornable" Bunny Bear *and Teddy bear*

by Numenor Posted 29th Mar 2005 at 10:01 PM - Updated 7th Nov 2008 at 12:35 AM by Canoodle

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 8:43 PM
This may seem picky--but most of my sim households don't have a teddy for their whole life--which is what 3 sim months basically is...would it be a possibility to make the bear and bunny age more along the timeline of a baby going to a teen? Like maybe 3 or so weeks instead of months? Or would this be too soon for many people?

Testing still in progress...so far no reverting, all color options available, and isn't yet ready to 'age.'

Best,
Suzanne

Vista is a problem that needs a solution -- preferably one with a pH of 0.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teddyangel
this is the same bunny bear that i downloaded from the sims2.com by maxoidmonkey>>>???? here it is http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/obj...php?asset_id=69

Um... DUH!! The one on the Maxis site isn't recolorable. I guess you didn't READ what you quoted. It's stated right there that this is based off the original maxis object. So it's not like you're busting a thief or anything. Sheesh. -_-;;;;;
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crowridgestudio
This may seem picky--but most of my sim households don't have a teddy for their whole life--which is what 3 sim months basically is...would it be a possibility to make the bear and bunny age more along the timeline of a baby going to a teen? Like maybe 3 or so weeks instead of months?

I've checked again the "Set Look by Age" global BHAV: I made a mistake, because the Bunny should turn to worn after 1 month, not 3. So, if in your game a month went by and the Bunny is still "clean", probably Maxis has inhibited the material change, somehow, or I haven't understood correctly how it should work.
Anyway, the only value that is taken as a count base is "My Age in months", and the value originally set is 1, so it's impossible to further lower it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 6:43 PM
One month seems perfect--a bear would turn old as the child goes to adulthood or so. Thanks for that info, Numenor--I think it hasn't worn yet because the testing household still isn't old enough, so still testing.

Either way, thanks again.

Best,
Suzanne
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 10:17 PM
i read this entire read and im almost positive that nobody gave results to the testing. i tested the bunny and im not sure after how long, but it was 3 months for sure i think is was one, the bunny got worn. heres a pic.

check out the movies on my website
www.freewebs.com/jennbooga
Instructor
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 10:57 PM
Jeez, 3 months is a life time, even one IMO is too long. Can't you turn it down to say, a sim week? Since the childhood period lasts about 9 sim days I think, that sounds about right. The thing should definitely be wong by the time they turn into a teen, not by the time their grandchildren turn into teens.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 11:21 PM
I confirm: the "worn" time is 1 month (not 3).
I'm not that experienced with reading the BHAVs, but the number of times the bunny is used may influence the worn time.

Jennbooga, thanks for your feedback! I was becoming to believe that the worn feature didn't work...!
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 12:34 AM
your welcome and it works.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 6:25 PM
it's called teddybunnybear; if your looking for maxis
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 8:21 PM
I've put for download on post #1 the patch to make the Teddy Bear "wornable".

I hope it will work, but since its effects will be visible only after 1 sim-month, I couldn't test it throughly. Therefore I need your feedback!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 4:51 AM
THANK YOU!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!
Forum Resident
#37 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 9:17 AM
Nice cool thank you as always...Love these can someone make more stuffed animals... I love stuffed animals as a 48 year old woman I have 10 diffrent kinds and sized stuffed animals Thank you for these to able to color them....
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th May 2005 at 2:56 PM
Oh I LOVE IT!!!! I apologize for the caps but this is just absolutely wonderful. I love these bunny bears so much and this is just... great hehe. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 9th May 2005 at 12:59 AM
Excellent, as always. I love the worn feature idea......you are now a religious icon in my Pleasantview.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 5:51 PM
Thanks for sharing! They look really nice!
#41 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 7:30 PM
For some reason I can't get the zips to download, I even tried it on a different computer but still nothing. Did something happen to them???
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 11:24 PM
Though the download may be slow, sometimes, I've checked: the links work correctly.

Maybe you should change your download options: open the "User Tools" in the upper-right corner of this page, select "Edit Options" and change the state of the last option, at the bottom ("Downloads"); if it's ON, turn it OFF, or the opposite.

Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 12:56 AM
great!! good job! thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 10:29 AM
Love the idea!
Test Subject
#45 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 3:05 AM
Thank you for recoloring this for me. I appreciate all of the effort you go through to do this for us.
Instructor
#46 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 8:09 PM
Wootness! I'll test this one out right away, Lol. My sim families normally keep teddy bears and bunny bears for generations. xD
Test Subject
#47 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:13 PM
Hi all!
I remove the mxis bunny but it's still showing up in the game - I've looked through all the files and I can't find where it is - any ideas anyone? Was the bunny part of the Christmas Party Pack cos I heard that it was.
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 3:20 PM
I also don't have the file mentioned above but still have the bunny. My current install is the Sims2 Holiday Edition and Sims2 University, so it is quite possible that the bunny does come with the Holiday edition. I will try adding Numenor's bunny and seeing if it overrides what ever is putting the bunny in my game and gives me the recolourable/wornable version.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 3:54 PM Last edited by Numenor : 11th Oct 2006 at 4:12 PM.
Cadrac, the Bunny Bear was originally released as an add-on object, one of those objects that Maxis releases for free on the Exchange. Then, it was included in the Christmas pack.

If you never downloaded the add-on version, you don't have to remove anything from the downloads.

Test Subject
#50 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 2:33 AM
Yes, thanks, I'd placed the new version and the recolors in earlier today and they worked fine. Guess the bunny was their "Easter" portion of the Holiday Edition.

Thanks for all the excellent work you do for all of us here.
Page 2 of 3