Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 6:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default gray tombs when they should be golden
Hello, while I was looking for grandma's soup, I realized that when my sims died (and they have platinum aspiration and they fulfill their lifelong wish), their graves still feel gray, I don't know what's wrong with my game. can you help? I did some steps they are in this thread --> topic . Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 6:32 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Nov 2023 at 6:44 PM.
Can you take a picture of the graves (detailed/close enough to see the markings) and post it here? It's easier to see what you mean that way.

If you just want them back to normal, it should be enough to remove the default replacement files, and they'll reset (possibly also delete cache files).

If you want them to show,

Have you tried to remove the default replacement to see if the graves return to normal? Could just be you're using the wrong files (one of them was replacing with a mostly grey color). Reset them, make sure they are back to normal, then make sure you put in the replacement files you want.

What are your ingame graphic settings? Some default replacement mods won't show properly if you don't have the "Sim/object detail" on high, or if "texture detail" settings isn't at least on medium but preferably on high.

(If your sims have "glove fingers" with the three last fingers stuck together, or if downloaded meshes sometimes show up weird, that's a sign of the "Sim/object detail" being set to low. If textures are overall very low quality/blurry, that's the "texture detail" on low settings).
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you take a picture of the graves (detailed/close enough to see the markings) and post it here? It's easier to see what you mean that way.

If you just want them back to normal, it should be enough to remove the default replacement files, and they'll reset (possibly also delete cache files).

If you want them to show,

Have you tried to remove the default replacement to see if the graves return to normal? Could just be you're using the wrong files (one of them was replacing with a mostly grey color). Reset them, make sure they are back to normal, then make sure you put in the replacement files you want.

What are your ingame graphic settings? Some default replacement mods won't show properly if you don't have the "Sim/object detail" on high, or if "texture detail" settings isn't at least on medium but preferably on high.

(If your sims have "glove fingers" with the three last fingers stuck together, or if downloaded meshes sometimes show up weird, that's a sign of the "Sim/object detail" being set to low. If textures are overall very low quality/blurry, that's the "texture detail" on low settings).

I have the graphic level at the maximum and I removed the replacements, look how it looks, I made him commit suicide with the inseminator... and this sim, he had his life wish fulfilled and his aspiration was platinum...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Nov 2023 at 12:27 AM
Just to make sure, these Sims are dying of Old Age, correct? The tombstone/urn only appears with gold trim if a Sim dies of Old Age while in Platinum Aspiration; also, mods that prevent the Grim Reaper from appearing when a Sim dies may interfere with this.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2023 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Just to make sure, these Sims are dying of Old Age, correct? The tombstone/urn only appears with gold trim if a Sim dies of Old Age while in Platinum Aspiration; also, mods that prevent the Grim Reaper from appearing when a Sim dies may interfere with this.

It only comes out if she dies of old age?... then no, this sim was an adult, not an old woman, and commit suicide with the inseminator... if I make her die of old age with the insemitator, give her the cool urn/tumbstone?...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Nov 2023 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
It only comes out if she dies of old age?... then no, this sim was an adult, not an old woman, and commit suicide with the inseminator... if I make her die of old age with the insemitator, give her the cool urn/tumbstone?...
I don't know; I don't use Insim and have never tried it with other such objects. You could try it and report on the results, or someone else who uses Insim and has tried that can post about it.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Forum Resident
#7 Old 1st Dec 2023 at 10:38 AM
If you make her die of old age, she'll get the golden urn/tombstone as long as her aspiration fits.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2023 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
If you make her die of old age, she'll get the golden urn/tombstone as long as her aspiration fits.

It's true... although I did it with the inseminator and the sim was an adult, not elderly, they did give me the urn, in fact I put the replacement in and it looks very good. Haven't they made a mod to give that urn to all the sims who die after doing their LTW?...
Screenshots