Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moi's Neighbourhood Water Global Mod - Rouge, Deep Blue, Deep Green, AprilFool, Mirrory (All versions except Aprialfool's BV) + neighbourhood camera mod

by niol Posted 25th Mar 2007 at 2:41 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2010 at 10:40 AM by niol

133 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 129 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:48 PM
rook_cheshire,

Can you cut out the green par of the banner and upload it somewhere and send me a link to it, please?

For some reasons, the banner of the site can't loaded in my browser...

I can't find the banner in both FF and IE6.
Are you talking about the FFSS icon? if so, please draw a circle or what to specify which one of the greens in that icon is actually what you want...

All,
Anyone, somebody, please report to me if any problem with all the four seasons...! Or, the best it's orking all well...
I myself can barely get all the instances I need see with this mod...
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 2:10 AM
How do I upload an image from my computer to this thread? I can't find that option, just linking to an image on another site. I could show you if MTS2 had that option. Also how did you get your sky red, photoshop? That would be really cool if you started making different colored skys too

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:00 AM
Actually, just click "go advanced" and scroll down the page, one will see the manage attachment.
Click on it, then one can see the upload manager to upload pix and files.

As for the sky, it was made of a txtr file replacement for the original sky txtr file. That file I used is of low resolution like 32x32? something... So, the file can be so small after compression.

For those curious, just load the package with SimPE and check things out... you're definitely welcome to do so... just exert your curiosity...! :D
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 4:10 PM
witch file has the April foll joke in it. i downloaded it and didn't read the thing above. plz help me!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:19 PM
cire_ceo,

Moi_shaderNeighbourhood-Weirdo1.rar is for the Aprial Fool's treat.

I agree this's a weird one, and so a name as "weirdo".
Field Researcher
#31 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
Actually, just click "go advanced" and scroll down the page, one will see the manage attachment.
Click on it, then one can see the upload manager to upload pix and files.

As for the sky, it was made of a txtr file replacement for the original sky txtr file. That file I used is of low resolution like 32x32? something... So, the file can be so small after compression.

For those curious, just load the package with SimPE and check things out... you're definitely welcome to do so... just exert your curiosity...! :D

Ok I just figured it out, below it's called manage file extentions lol!!!!!!!!
man I need another coffee ^^

The first image is from 3 neighborhood views, ____water-colors-0001.jpg
It shows the original crap blue, then the new niol-blue and the red lake.

Second Image is ____water-colors-0002.jpg The red lake (Taken from within a lot). As you can see I have a crap videocard but it still looks very cool ^^

Third is the Noil-blue, now even though I can't get the blue you can it still looks better than the Maxis crap version. It doesn't hurt the eyes and actually looks good within any Lot.

I'm going to try the weird one you mentioned just for fun, I hope this was of help. Thanks again Noil for making SIMs 2 a more inviting place to esape too

Also thanks for the tip on the sky

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 12:46 AM

How's that?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 8:17 AM
sorry, i lost my last message...

phantomgremlock,
Thanks very much for your feedbacks...
omg..., the water does look "crappy" in yours. and even the red one... I'm gonna tune down the fallback settings for lower end video cards... and I'll post the fix vesion on this post for test-out.

rook_cheshire
That's good, just give me some times to make them out.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 1:26 PM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 8th Apr 2007 at 1:31 PM.
sorry, i lost my last message...

phantomgremlock,
Thanks very much for your feedbacks...
omg..., the water does look "crappy" in yours. and even the red one... I'm gonna tune down the fallback settings for lower end video cards... and I'll post the fix vesion on this post for test-out.

rook_cheshire
That's good, just give me some times to make them out.

Sounds exciting ^^ thanks!!!

By the way, I tried to look for the original sky txtr file for changing the sky color, I could only find 3 related png images that had to to do with the day and night skys, this was in the base game (not EP) they had color but reminded me of colorful alpha's. Could you tell me what the file is and what package it's in? it got me thinking of what one can do for a moon texturred neighborhood if a blue sky can be turned into a black sky like on the moon, or a redsky for mars and so on I believe someone here made a moonscape for neighborhoods i don't recal which member.

Thanks again :D

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 9:41 PM Last edited by niol : 8th Apr 2007 at 10:00 PM.
I'll start to do the fallback and the green one after my nap... sorry, my eyes are heavy now...

phantomgremlock,

Actually, almost 2 years ago, someone had already made a mod to alter the lot sky with varied scenery... Sorry, I can't remember the names at all.
Added: it's Oberkorn...I guess .

As for the sky maps, there should one for the lot day, one for the lot night and one for the neighbourhood. TS2 neighbourhood has no night yet until NL.

Just use the extracted files and change the texture as in a recolouring process, commit and save and use the resultant as a default replacement mod. :D
Field Researcher
#36 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 2:31 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 9th Apr 2007 at 9:50 AM.
I just checked out the thread by Oberkorn, those skys are amazing!.
I wasn't around when Oberkorn posted those new skys.

The only problem with his buyable sky mod is that it doesn't alter the main neighborhood sky or main lot sky as I would like. It only places a colorful dome around a lot to make it look like the sky has changed color and the lighting is off balance. Also in neighborhood view it shows you a partial dome around the house only.

I also found this one:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...154#post1627154

Alot of people are saying it's alot better than the one by Oberkorn.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 11:52 AM Last edited by niol : 9th Apr 2007 at 2:40 PM.
phantomgremlock,

My memory is linked to the older ones rather the newer ones...seemingly... :D
That shows how frequent I dl something.

But given to the limited knowledge at the time the first was made, hope those people can bear with it...

In my case, I only did txtr file default replacement only coz my major target is the neighbourhood. But, it's also god to mod the lot one, too... :D

Thanks again for all the feedbacks, now I know better what does what coz I've no high-end or very-low end video card to test that out.

Here comes a fixed version of the rouge neighbourhood... to see how it shows up in a lower end video card... Thanks gains...

updated:
rook_cheshire,

how does it look? 'll do the rests later.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Moi_neighbourhoodWaterRouge-fix1.rar (9.1 KB, 19 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 11:09 PM
That looks amazing, maybe a little bit more grey?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 1:21 AM Last edited by niol : 10th Apr 2007 at 1:39 AM.
alright. how about this one...
Please carry on to feedback coz I find it hard to get the green as shown while not too greenish for the reflection.

I've already made the reflection in grey,
but since the water colour will blend with the reflection for presentation, so as long as the sea water is green, the reflection is gonna be green. so now what is concerned here is how green should the overall is... and this is what I'm testing here...
So, carry on helping me find that out for a few more times, too? Thanks...

which one is good or both bad? g-05 or g06? or none?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 2:09 AM
G06. Thanks so much for going to all this trouble, it's really above and beyond.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 2:30 AM Last edited by phantomgremlock : 10th Apr 2007 at 5:46 AM.
man I'm suffering, I gottah get a better graphics card lol! I just happened to be working on how to upgrade the quality of the sky in New Weather atmosphere
It only works if I take out the clouds ad increase the png's resolution, otherwise it still looks like a bunch of pixels lol!

Here are the samples you requested bud ^^

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:21 AM
phantomgremlock,

Thanks you with a cup of your like(s) verbally..

omg, the neighbourhood nightview is still crappy... gonna downtune it more...
Field Researcher
#43 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:52 PM
phantomgremlock,

Thanks you with a cup of your like(s) verbally..

omg, the neighbourhood nightview is still crappy... gonna downtune it more...

Make that a MoccaChino Late

Here's one more: 'the weird one with the jokes' I saw nothing other than the yellow water that reminded me of chicken noodle soup, I also found that my game loaded very slow, as if it were running it on half the memory. This was the weirdest thing lol!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:15 PM
Nay, that's sewage... n, guess what type of sewage is yellowish?! :D

All,

The rouge and deep blue one are fixed for lower-end video cards... They should be pretty dark by now, but please do feedback on the outcomes... Thanks in advance...

Also, the deep green one is out, too.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 11:28 PM
I shall do so
I'm going to sleep soon I'll check them out first free chance I get. ^^

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:05 AM
Field Researcher
#47 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 3:38 PM
Ok, here are the results:

The blue one, green one and the red look excellent in the neighborhood views.
The blue and green ones look great in the lots but the red looks a bit too desaturated.
Other than that I'd say this is perfection

You got me sort of inspired to work on those other unearthly things I messaged to you earlier so when I get more time I just may upload them for MTS2.

You put in alot of time effort into perfecting things where alot of other modders wouldn't care as much. Thanks for all your efforts, taking screenshots was fun also to do, not a problem. You certainly rock the socks off MTS2. Thanks again buddy ^^

By the way, was the png file in the Weirdwater package supposed to be part of the aprilfools surprise? I never got to see what it was meant to do.

If you work on anymore projects like this, it would be great if you can alter the default sky to more of a turqouise. Thank you again for these great mods

-Phantom

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 5:30 PM
It looks great. Here is an "in-lot" screenshot. Hopefully I will actually remember to take a neighbourhood one once I load up sims again.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:25 PM
It looks great rook_cheshire

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:54 PM
Couldn't be more pleased!
Page 2 of 6