Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"TESTERS WANTED" Concert grand piano

by dyonis-my Posted 30th Jan 2005 at 9:51 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2008 at 5:00 AM by whitesiren

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 99 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 12:26 PM
It suck's due to the point that I can't D/L with the zip files, Only .rar
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:35 PM
Nice work!!!!
Test Subject
#78 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 7:46 PM
It works beautifully in game and my simmies are happy too. Thanx for a gr8 object...
Test Subject
#79 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:04 PM
Default Black/White
Quote: Originally posted by dyonis-my
i will try to make a white one

This is an awesome item. Will you let us know when you have a white/black one???? :bump:
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:36 AM
Default Problems with EP?
I've loved this item since it came out. Unfortunately, since I installed the EP, newly meshed pianos are not functional. Specifically, when I try to place them, the piano "blinks" red and cannot be placed. I'd assume it has to do with the new "perform" option for the saloon piano. Hope a fix is possible? ~KG
Test Subject
#81 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 12:11 PM
Same problem here, KLG. And this was one of the items I was really hoping would be updated. Hope everythings O.K. with you Dyonis.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 1:34 PM
i invite those who have the EP to try to fix the piano, i live in france, the EP will come only march 10, and i am not sure to buy it immediately, so i won't be able to try to fix and know if it works.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:06 PM
Would someone consider doing a black and a white recolor of this? Please? Thanks
Test Subject
#84 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 7:34 PM
Just another comment about EP. I love this item and had it in several lots. But after EP, I could not load any lot with this item on it. Triple checked. Lots will not load with this item on it!
Field Researcher
#85 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 10:43 PM
I want to add my voice to the pleas to get this fixed for the EP! AND...to get a white and black one...Please?? oh PLEASE??? I love this and must have it. I'm a pianist myself and this may be as close as I get to OWNING my very own grand! LOL!!!
#86 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 2:59 AM
Do it have white?
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 2:34 PM
dyonis-my: I loved using your grand piano in TS2. I hope when you get University you will be able to update this piano with few problems. Looking forward to redownloading to put center stage in my Preforming Arts Center. Best to you, and good luck.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 3:07 PM
Fabulous!
Field Researcher
#89 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:03 PM
that's a nice piano.
thanx
Field Researcher
#90 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 1:21 PM Last edited by Ladysimular : 21st Mar 2005 at 1:23 PM. Reason: typo...(sheesh)
i invite those who have the EP to try to fix the piano, i live in france, the EP will come only march 10, and i am not sure to buy it immediately, so i won't be able to try to fix and know if it works.

May I say....on bended knee...ok...grovelling...PLEASE get the EP and do your magic to upgrade this for us... :bow: I bet we could even take up a collection and buy you the EP!! I'm a pianist and this is probably the closest I'm going to get to owning a concert grand...and I REALLY miss it in my formal houses. Somehow an upright just doesn't cut it, ya know? :fallen:

I tried to upgrade this myself but it froze my people and then couldn't be picked up after placing it. Of course, I have no clue what I was doing, but, hey...I tried. :confused:

ANYhoo...even if you never play the EP...think of the fact that no one will ever be able to use this in any future EPs....and...I'm begging you....waaaaaaahhhahhaha... :weep: .(ok...maybe it's pathetic but true....)

"We demand RIGIDLY defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!!!" - Philosopher, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 2:06 PM
Black, white, you name it I'll love it! Fabulous job thank you so much
Test Subject
#92 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 1:25 AM
I know you cant make it EP compatable til you get the EP, but could you make it Comunity compatable? I'm itching to place it in my Jazz bar!!!!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 3:10 AM
another thing, about your church organs, i live in france and i don't know how are your church organs. But in france, here is a church organ.

As you can see, this is a very complicated thing, and would be very very difficult to model, with an excessive number of faces and vertices.

I'm going to take a stab at this. Probably take me a week or two, and take up a whole room in your sims house, but what the hell, it's awesome!

Brasstex

PS: it may not have the perform option, but damn, wouldn't it just look amazing?
Field Researcher
#94 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 2:41 PM
you are as unto a God!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 24th May 2005 at 6:27 PM
excuse me but this is my first entry and i'm registered since ten minutes but does that grand piano work with sims2 only or do you need the expansion pack?
#96 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 12:19 AM
Default My People Froze
I think this is a great object.. but whatever house I put this piano in my sims froze. Even when I left the house and came back my people would be stuck and not able to move. Once I took the piano out of the house it would work.
Test Subject
#97 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 11:25 PM
Actually, I love this object to death.. it reminds me of the piano I learned on at my grandmother's house. However, I recently experienced a problem: I placed this object in a home, and time literally stopped. The sims just stood there. no motion, no action, no time passage. When I deleted the piano, the game resumed per usual. No idea what happened. pity, though.. I loved this thing.. I hope we can figure this out.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:15 PM Last edited by cjanefly764 : 11th Mar 2006 at 2:26 PM.
Has anyone else tested this beautiful piano? It is gorgeous but it wouldn't work for me. ASMF I had to turn on 'moveobjects on' to get it to set down. My sim couldn't use it and the next day at 0541 in the morning my clock stopped. My sim was still snoozing but time stood still. I took the piano out of downloads and the clock started again. I opened the package and it really needs fixing. BHAVs and BCONs that are supposed to be there are not and the MESH is in pieces as if before mapping. This is a gorgeous piece of work and I am in awe how you meshed it. Please fix it for us and yes do a black one. Just paint it black. No doubt I fixed the one I downloaded and it's so wonderful. Even if it had flaws I still thank you for this piano. Maybe a raw version got uploaded when I found it. Maybe it's already fixed.

P.S. Would you like me to upload my/your fixed piano? I'd be happy to. I'd upload it right into this thread because it's your creation. I did paint it black and I fixed the MESH just slightly. It was before the new bandcontroller patch V4.0 so I'll probably have to do it again after dropping that into my downloads. But no problem. Your MESH is the best I've seen. Let me know.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Test Subject
#99 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 12:53 PM
I cannot see this object....
Test Subject
#100 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 3:24 PM
Awesome, thanks! This looks like my piano in rl!
Page 4 of 5