Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1

by Chocolate Pi Posted 22nd Feb 2006 at 3:46 AM - Updated 16th May 2009 at 10:24 AM by Numenor : Updated info and links

392 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 391 Feedback Posts
Page 16 of 16
Lab Assistant
#376 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 3:15 AM Last edited by ang41187 : 4th Feb 2008 at 3:20 AM.
I think I'm screwed. Before I installed the mod, I made a backup copy of everything just in case, but after overwriting the mod files w/ the original ones, I'm still having the window problem. Does anyone have the original files or do I need to reinstall all my games yet again?

EDIT: I forgot I got the one from MATY & not this one. sorry guys. I'll go post over there & see if I get a response. If anyone can think of anything though or has the original files, please let me know.
Field Researcher
#377 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ang41187
I think I'm screwed. Before I installed the mod, I made a backup copy of everything just in case, but after overwriting the mod files w/ the original ones, I'm still having the window problem. Does anyone have the original files or do I need to reinstall all my games yet again?

EDIT: I forgot I got the one from MATY & not this one. sorry guys. I'll go post over there & see if I get a response. If anyone can think of anything though or has the original files, please let me know.

Original scripts can be found here:

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showt...ewpost&t=101456

back21.rar contains the original scripts.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#378 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 10:45 AM
Also, the Scriptorium has an option to restore the original Maxis lighting system, if you don't want to do that by hand.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#379 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 7:18 PM
Ok, thanks guys. I figured out my problem yesterday and now I feel really stupid. Back when my game was lagging quite a bit, my fiancee changed my graphics settings to try & fix the problem & when doing so he put the lighting on low. I re-installed all the original Maxis lighting & after running my game & still having problems, I went to the graphics settings & that's when I saw what was wrong. Still though, is it normal for windows not to show any light through them when the setting are set to low? Just curious.
Test Subject
#380 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 6:34 PM
Any way of uninstalling this??
Mad Poster
#381 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grimreaper423
Any way of uninstalling this??

Just do 2 things:

1. replace the base game lighting.txt with your back-up original lighting.txt or a downloaded one

2. remove the shader mod this download has included.
Test Subject
#382 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 1:31 PM
replace the base game lighting.txt with your back-up original lighting.txt or a downloaded one
er i forgot to make a backup
Mad Poster
#383 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 2:02 PM Last edited by niol : 18th May 2008 at 7:30 AM.
Test Subject
#384 Old 17th May 2008 at 2:19 AM
I can't wait untill the next final release comes! Its gonna be super lighted!

I'm just another one of those simulated Sims.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#385 Old 17th May 2008 at 9:46 AM
I'm sorry to give you bad news, but the next final release will not ever be released :P
GunMod has quit modding long ago.

There are several other creators that either developed GunMod's project or created an alternative lighting mod of their own; I'm not sure, but I think that at moreawsomethanyou you can find such mods.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#386 Old 20th May 2008 at 6:37 AM
I know this seems a little odd but, I installed this the other day and now I can't seem to rotate 45 degree angle..even manually typing in the cheat..does anyone know how I can fix this??? Thanks
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#387 Old 20th May 2008 at 8:16 AM
This mod would not affect your ability to use the 45 degree angle of rotation cheat. This link has info about the cheat, how to use it, and a further link for people that don't have the appropriate EP. If you continue having difficulty using it go through and do the appropriate steps in the game help forum click through you're prompted with prior to posting (it will help you figure out if this is a custom content/hack conflict or something else) and then post your question there if the game problems FAQ doesn't resolve it for you.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#388 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 10:45 AM
So great mod, but waves in pool not work :/
Mad Poster
#389 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 6:56 PM
atari4u,

the pool mod is outdated for EP newer than EP4 pets, but if you want n updated one so much, please post back to see if someone may make one for people who want an updated version.
Test Subject
#390 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 10:45 AM
Im having a problem, were do I actually extract the files to? I extracted them to config and when I played my game, the pool water had ripples but it had turned PINK! go to this link to see my video on what I mean! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhXiSv9W1pM
Test Subject
#391 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 2:29 AM
i like the pool! very nice, did you download something for it? the water looks different. more realistic.

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl if he would marry him. The girl said, ‘NO!’ And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted. The End.
Test Subject
#392 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 2:23 AM
Is there a way to keep gunmods original files and get the pool from this one to work together?
Please help
Test Subject
#393 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 12:32 AM
Hello, I want to download this file but I can not is to update the link? thank you for already ten
Page 16 of 16