Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Extreme Skins "Sparkle N' Shine" (Fantasy) UPDATED

by astiees Posted 9th Aug 2008 at 8:26 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2009 at 4:39 AM by astiees

155 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 138 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Ah, this explains why I have two Apricot skins in Create-a-Family. It seems to work. I have one Apricot-skinned Sim in my game, but I`m not sure which Apricot skin she wears. How can I tell for sure?

If you look at the seams on the inside of the legs you can tell which one is the updated version (New one is seamless)....unfortunately I didn't notice how bad they looked at first (The first versions)...I plan to redo ALL OF THEM this way when I fix the other problem that they don't work for everyone. I am going to clean off my hard drive this week (which I do every few months ...i just like getting a fresh start) Well when I do that I am going to only install sims2 (base game) and use my laptop for game play. I feel that should take care of the issue. Then we can also expect more skins.
#77 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 2:10 AM
I now have sims of all of these skin-colors in my neighborhood, but only one each, so far, all female. [ No-one has gotten pregnant, yet. ] They all work fine, for me. The biggest issue I have with them is that they appear to have "scars" just above the groin-crease. Not a very big issue, eh? My favorite feature is that they have, er, "details" that most skins don`t have. I believe that these are what some call "non-Barbie"; much more realistic despite the odd colors. I`d love some "non-Barbie" versions of the default Maxis skins. Does anyone know where I could find some here at MTS2?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
#78 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 9:07 PM
Hey, I'm still here.

Did these ever get fixed?

Still not working for me...

-Logan.
#79 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 11:03 AM
Okay then, no answer.
#80 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 6:23 PM Last edited by RejectedxReality : 20th Nov 2008 at 6:32 PM.
Is anyone still even here?

I exported the files with Body Shop and when I checked out the files, for some reason there was nothing but a swatch in there - no texture files or anything.

Strangest problem I have ever seen.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 2:40 AM
These are great alien skins. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 8:07 PM
So, these aren't supposed to be default skin replacements? 'cause I think the blue one replaced my alien skin. I was kind of getting suspicious when the alien babies were all turning blue, but then I noticed that Pollination Technician#9 was blue! Any suggestions on what I'm supposed to do?
Test Subject
#83 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 9:38 PM
Why don't they work??
Quote: Originally posted by RejectedxReality
Hey, I'm still here.

Did these ever get fixed?

Still not working for me...

-Logan.

These are not working for me as well. Is there some way of dowloading it properly? All of them look tan in my bodyshop. >.<

HELP PLEASE??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 8:04 PM
Hey for those of you whom it is not working for I haven't forgot about you. I am working on the issue. I am a college student trying to become a graphic designer and unfortunately I had been very overwhelmed this semester. I promise I haven't given up. Plus I am hoping to convert these for sims3 ...if at all possible. Anyway I am sorry and sim designing is something I love to do in my free time, I just haven't had much time recently. Hopefully holiday break will give me the chance.

Thank you all for your support! ~ Astiees
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 1:34 AM
Hope you did well on finals. Enjoy the holiday break.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Hope you did well on finals. Enjoy the holiday break.
I hope I did too, thank you!
Test Subject
#87 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 11:53 PM
Yay, it's break time! I'm really hoping to see those new uploads soon! Such gorgeous gorgeous skins that, of course, don't work on my computer! =(
I'll be checking back frequently, can we expect them before next semester starts? (I'm very excited!!)
THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#88 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 7:49 PM
I installed them and they don't seem to work. I'm bummed.
Test Subject
#89 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 4:14 AM
Thanks for awesome skins
Test Subject
#90 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 9:35 PM
these are WONDERFUL! But...i am having the same problem others were having: i get thumbnails, but when i click on them, i get the second Maxis skin. I am running Nightlife with the Celebrations stuff pack, and I have the CEP as well. Any ideas?

losing myself in this alternate reality is like becoming anything i want to be: a doctor, an athlete, or cook...i love the chance to be more than i am
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 2:57 PM
THANK YOOOU! *throws red roses* *cough cough* SIMply fabulous I needed the green one , but I got all

The dark side is SO couture... <3
Test Subject
#92 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrschrispine
these are WONDERFUL! But...i am having the same problem others were having: i get thumbnails, but when i click on them, i get the second Maxis skin. I am running Nightlife with the Celebrations stuff pack, and I have the CEP as well. Any ideas?

These were made with an unpatched Pets Body Shop, so anyone who isn't running Pets or later will be unable to see them, they will show as S2.

To astiees: To fix, get Numenor's AnyGameStarter and set up a configuration that doesn't include Pets or any expansions later than Pets. Then remake the skintones using that configuation's Body Shop.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 11:27 AM
I really, really want these Astiees.
They look great, i hope they can get fixed when you have a chance.
I know you are a student, and i am waiting patiently.
So no hurry, just drooling over the nice pics... haha.
Please don't forget us, i do hope you get a much deserved break soon, and i hope school is going great for you as well.

"The only thing too fear is fear it's self."- FDR
"As you slide down the bannister of life,consider me a splinter."~Jason Crawford
Test Subject
#94 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 1:05 AM
I downloaded them today and they work for me.. but i have all the EPs
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 11:30 AM
Oooh! Lovely stuff! this is going straight into my game...except that 'Sparkle' made me giggle like mad... *cough*
Instructor
#96 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 12:46 AM
Sparkly skins! That's just too wild an idea to resist. (I strongly suspect I'm not the first one to think of Edward Cullen at a beach?)

BTW, the models for the the blue skin are melting my screen. Any chance that you'd upload them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 9:19 PM
OK you must all hate me lol.... Yet I love you all. Yes school has been busy still is... I have a paper due Monday and an Art History test Wednesday...I had a sculpture due Thursday and an American Gov Essay exam Friday. But atlas I do have a new file for those of you the other ones do not work for A-SNS-UPDATED.zip

I have also fixed and improved the skin as well, it should be virtually seamless. I don't know if it will work, so don't murder me if it doesn't. But its the best odds we've gotten so far since it was redone on a comp with no EP's. Please try and let me know your results ASAP...will be much appreciated.
Top Secret Researcher
#98 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 10:10 PM
The skin in Updated appears to be working in a NightLife Only set up.

Good luck on your Art History test.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
The skin in Updated appears to be working in a NightLife Only set up.

Good luck on your Art History test.
LMAO....I can't believe....I just sent you a mesage....sry....LOL THANK YOU....and thats good news ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alchemist
Sparkly skins! That's just too wild an idea to resist. (I strongly suspect I'm not the first one to think of Edward Cullen at a beach?)

BTW, the models for the the blue skin are melting my screen. Any chance that you'd upload them?

Yeah I am sure your not the only one to think of cullen. I made these way before I ever heard of sparkly vampires... but it is the reason that I made two extra pale skins for my next upload. Which is going to be Flesh tones of sparkly skins...even more sparkly. I made 6 so far there might be 9 or 10 in end.

I honestly don't know if I even have the models even more. But if I ever find those maybe I could send you a zip...I doubt their unique enough for upload. :/ Will see.
Page 4 of 7