Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Extreme Skins "Sparkle N' Shine" (Fantasy) UPDATED

by astiees Posted 9th Aug 2008 at 8:26 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2009 at 4:39 AM by astiees

155 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 138 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 12:33 PM Last edited by bluetexasbonnie : 12th Aug 2008 at 2:29 PM.
These are so beautiful that they have tempted me into really playing for a bit.

I'm also having a problem with them showing in the CAS catalog but not showing up on my sim. I am using BaseGame Pro & have selected Up-to-OFB.

These were the only custom skins I had in my download when I first tried. I have since added a couple of other custom skins. They worked fine.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
#27 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 6:38 PM Last edited by RejectedxReality : 12th Aug 2008 at 8:31 PM.
Damn.

EDIT: Well, I tried re-downloading the skins and everything, but still the thumbnails are showing up but the skintones simply will not show up on the sims themselves. But since it is clear that no one is going to be of any help, I think I simply won't bother.

It's a real shame - these truly are beautiful pieces of work.

Logan.
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 11:02 PM
Okay... they work for me, but I *might* have an idea why they don't work for some people. Usually, when you look at skins in SimPE, each texture has like 9 or 10 MipMap levels, and these only have one. Now, I don't know exactly what that means... but could the game be trying, if you're set at a lower quality or something, to be pulling out a smaller texture, not finding one, and thus not being able to display the skin?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 11:10 PM
I am still going to try some things to fix this problem...what I really can't understand is that no one reported this problem..or any problems with my Galaxy Explorers skins. I uploaded and created them the same way, so I am quite puzzled. I can understand all of your frustration though and I apologize. I am going to check that out on SimPE, thanks Sekhara.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 11:22 PM
I don't know anything about finding a solution, but I would be glad to help with preliminary testing.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Instructor
#31 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lyndale
I would love to see a gold tone one and I think a dark, almost black version would be stunning with silvery glitter (like obsidian)

i double the request !!! specially on the dark one, it would look so good *-*

btw, this skins work fine in my game ^^ and they are fabulous!!

hi!
#32 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 12:14 AM
Great, everyone else keeps showing me up. Ahh

Logan.
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 2:48 AM
Unfortunately I'm having a similar problem as above - the thumbnail for the skins show up, however when I click on them I just get the default light skintone. I'm also running the basegame only, so not entirely sure what the problem is. They look lovely in the screenshots, though!
#34 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Medinaquirin
Unfortunately I'm having a similar problem as above - the thumbnail for the skins show up, however when I click on them I just get the default light skintone. I'm also running the basegame only, so not entirely sure what the problem is. They look lovely in the screenshots, though!

Ah, finally someone has come to back me up! The problem you are having is identical to mine - I could not have described it better myself. I'm only running the basegame too... I wonder if that might be issue. This is really strange as I have never had this issue with any other skins I've made or downloaded.

Logan.
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 5:55 AM
I only have the base game and there not showing up. Its a shame though, they look wonderful.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 1:36 PM
I simply loved your skins that I felt I had to download them at the moment I saw!
I am already using your green one as my alien default and I am loooooving!
They are completely unique and exquisite!!!!

Thanks!! I hope you keep making those awesome works!!!!!

So then I said to the gentlemen:
"Prognosticate? I thought you said promisitate."
Test Subject
#37 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 2:59 AM Last edited by mynameismeyes : 14th Aug 2008 at 3:30 AM. Reason: clarifying a few things
@RejectedxReality:
I'm having the same problem too. The skins are beautiful, and I want them, but all they show up as is as said before, the default light skin. What I don't get is the fact that the thumbnails are showing up, but the skins aren't!

I guess I'll have to try to re-download them and see if it works...

*Edit:
Oh yeah, and I'm not running the base game. So, I don't think that's the problem. I also have the CEP. So, even if not having that could be a possible reason for a skin not working, it clearly couldn't be the reason in this case.
I also have my quality of graphics maxed, so that couldn't be the problem either.

I just hope this problem can be fixed..
Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:17 AM
I re-downloaded one of the skins, and still nothing.

Okay, so I went into bodyshop, made the blue skin as a project, just to see what was going on, and if it was fixable, and what I found was... a swatch. The project folder literally had nothing more in it.

Anyone who has the skins and they work for them willing to try the same thing, and see what they can find?
#39 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 5:15 AM
If it's alright with the creator AND you can wait until Saturday (if its not fixed by then) I can maybe repackage them for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:24 PM
Hey guys I promise I am working on it...about ready to do another trial. Bluetexasbonnie is helping me test.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 12:28 AM
Question? For those of you that the skins are not working for....what happens when you extract them into your saved sims folder?
#42 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by astiees
Question? For those of you that the skins are not working for....what happens when you extract them into your saved sims folder?

They just show up like normal package files

Logan
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 4:39 PM
These skins will not show up properly in any game without the texture files. They will crash games when babies are about to be born from these custom skins as the game cannot figure out what to do with the missing files. This should help clear up the issues others are having with missing skins. Sorry, you'll have to upload it with the textures enabled.
#44 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1773
These skins will not show up properly in any game without the texture files. They will crash games when babies are about to be born from these custom skins as the game cannot figure out what to do with the missing files. This should help clear up the issues others are having with missing skins. Sorry, you'll have to upload it with the textures enabled.

What do you mean? How do we do that?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 10:00 PM
astiees will have to re-upload them with the skin textures available. This means the textures will be body shop editable.. The game doesn't recognize the skins (or clothing, eyes, hair) without those textures. This comes from lots of gaming experience with crashes based on incomplete files. The only option is to delete the bad skin file, sims will revert to defaults. Sorry if she was trying to protect her creator's rights, I completely understand, but the skins simply won't work as they are.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 12:50 AM
Hello Rosebud1773....did you try the GS-A-SnS.zip file. I am trying to get the skins to work, but I am not sure how this problem occurred...I uploaded them the same way I have uploaded before. However, I am hoping the GS-A-SnS.zip may work.
Test Subject
#47 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 10:20 AM
the skins work fine in body shop for me. I have all the EP and SP and I managed to make the Green, Silver, Blue and Purple as default skins
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 2:34 PM
I'll be back at my computer in a day or so and I'd be happy to try the GS-A-one then--I was having the same problem.

These are very distinctive and I'm looking forward to seeing them on my Sims. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 4:35 PM Last edited by astiees : 19th Aug 2008 at 5:05 PM.
I am so confused... why it doesn't work for some... then does for the rest. O.o
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 6:02 PM
I think it is an EP issue. It will work for me when I use it with Pets. However, when I try it with OFB, it shows the thumbnail, but on the sim it defaults to the Maxis 2nd skin.

Page 2 of 7