Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2024 at 5:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default mesh and edited mesh
Hello simmers, I'm here again with some questions about mesh, I downloaded a few hairs of newsea and simsky etc... and I see that there are many meshes that have been edited and have a different MD5 code than the original, the question is the following... Which mesh should I choose? . With the original, the new edited one or both? . It also happens with clothes, there are tights that have been edited and have a different MD5 code, and sometimes I delete one and the clothes are not visible. I hope you can help me, thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2024 at 5:23 PM
We'd need the links to see what's going on.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2024 at 6:42 PM
Generally it depends how they've been edited. If it's just a mesh edit with no changes to the textures/UVmap, or a lower poly version, or anything where the download says "use existing recolors" - basically can use either the old or the new version of the mesh - you can use existing recolors with a mesh edit.

If the mesh edit is a shoe swap, or hairs with ages added to the files, or is a reconversion of the same hair/outfit, or anything similar (uses different/heavily edited files) - then the mesh usually won't work for new recolors.

Make sure to read about the items (especially the edits, if there's no info for the original). The info is usually available with each download.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2024 at 12:10 AM
@charity I don't know, I have many edited meshes. Usually say "edited alpha mesh", @simmer22 ok, you haven't clarified to me if I should have both meshes or just one, for now I have left my latest downloads with the new mesh and it seems like I can see the hair, (I have only revised a color), if I put two meshes with different MD5, is it ok or not? I saved those old meshes in case the "old" recolors are not visible.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2024 at 2:55 AM
Can you give an example (preferably with a link)?

There's not a "one and all" answer, because sometimes you need both meshes, and sometimes you should only keep one. It depends on what you've downloaded.

I highly recommend reading about the item before you download, because the information is usually there.

If you put in two meshes for the same hair, the game reads the last file it loads, ignoring the other file.