Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated 1/4/08 - Rideable Horse with Custom Sounds and Custom Animations

by rebecah Posted 30th Dec 2007 at 3:43 AM - Updated 17th Jul 2011 at 5:24 PM by rebecah

293 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 257 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 12
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 5:04 PM
Rebecah..this is really wonderful, thank you for the time and effort you put into this.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 5:29 PM
You are teh awesome. Thank you so, so much for this!
Test Subject
#53 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 9:06 PM
Rebecah,your animated animals are marvellous.
What you did is a MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH in modding.As far as I know,nobody is able to do it better ,at the present time.
I am sure the animations will be improved ... in the future.If creators would wait until their items are 100% perfect,their would not be one single chair to download on the entire net.

A lot of people are waiting for this since the beginning of sims2.
Bravo Becky!

You have made your place inside the top ten for good!
Test Subject
#54 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 10:28 PM
Hallo Rebeccah,

its just not enough for me to klick the Thanks button i have to say thank you a lot, this is really amazing and great work thanks a lot

I love these horses. And my sims will surely too

Congratulation and Wow for this great work ...

Sincerely
Simsmia from Germany
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 12:00 AM
Wow! These are soo cool! I have had to rely on statues until now (Not that they are bad - I love them! GREAT for piccies :D) Anyway, thanks alot for these! Just wondering...Will you be making any more animals to ride? I really liked these and I hope to see more in the future! :D
Sas.

~*~*Squishy133*~*~
"If life gives you lemons, throw them at your enemies! 'Hey look, a lemon! Take that SUCKER!'"
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squishy133
Wow! These are soo cool! I have had to rely on statues until now (Not that they are bad - I love them! GREAT for piccies :D) Anyway, thanks alot for these! Just wondering...Will you be making any more animals to ride? I really liked these and I hope to see more in the future! :D
Sas.

I have more but I'm thinking of removing the ride able option soon. I have the farm animals posted here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/...ad.php?t=265231

I also have a donkey here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/...ad.php?t=263094

and a camel here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/...ad.php?t=262795
Inventor
#57 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 3:21 AM
I played with the horse, and I must say it is amazing!
I am having a few glitches as demon puppy said. The sim would disappear and the horse would change color after done riding, but overall it works excellent!
Thank you so much for this horse!
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cecilia
I played with the horse, and I must say it is amazing!
I am having a few glitches as demon puppy said. The sim would disappear and the horse would change color after done riding, but overall it works excellent!
Thank you so much for this horse!

The sims disappearing I have added info at the top of the post. I think if you try directing the sims to do something else it will work better for you. I believe it happens when the animation is canceled, but I'm not positive.

The color change is something all of my rideable items do. I'm so sorry I'm just not able to figure out what causes this yet. I have looked over the code and looked it over many times I just don't see why this happens.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment and leave your reports. I really appreciate this very much.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 4:29 PM
I noted that first. I so called it.

But anyway, no download is perfect...
Eventually, after many failures and very bad attempts at doing things, a great thing will appear. Hopefully a rideable horse with no bugs (I can dream can't I?)

*Squeak*
Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Evanescencefan1
I noted that first. I so called it.

But anyway, no download is perfect...
Eventually, after many failures and very bad attempts at doing things, a great thing will appear. Hopefully a rideable horse with no bugs (I can dream can't I?)

Yes you did and I should have thanked you for that! Thanks! Your post and an email I received prompted me to add the information concerning this issure at the top of my main post.

I am working on this issue and will post a new version as soon as it is ready.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your taking the time to report and comment.
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:20 AM
love the look of these horses, I put one in my game and it glided sideways and that sort of thing, did I load it wrong or is this how the movements are?
Test Subject
#62 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 2:12 AM
do you think if we downloaded ALL the poses from Dragon Slaves horse that the animations would be better? It's an AWESOME creation, I've been waiting for one for ever! haven't yet downlaoded it though... I just wanted to know if the riding animation is like the video on youtube? It's still awesome anyway! Thank you SOO much!
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 2:35 AM Last edited by imogen3 : 2nd Jan 2008 at 3:59 AM.
What am i doing wrong please? i have downloaded into my downloads folder but when i go in game and click on horse it just says view. Is there something i should do first to make it work? I have all ep's. I got what i was supposed to get so why won't it work?
Scholar
Original Poster
#64 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:16 AM
inkystinky2 - the animations on youtube are the same. Those are from my in game video.
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:17 AM
imogen3 - are you finding the horse under knowledge/exercise?

It sounds like you are finding Dragon Slaves original horse if you are only getting the view option.
Scholar
Original Poster
#66 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sansurecan
love the look of these horses, I put one in my game and it glided sideways and that sort of thing, did I load it wrong or is this how the movements are?

It makes a difference as to the direction of your lot. I'm not sure but some lots the horse has to face the mailbox and other lots it's left side has to face the mailbox. This is something I do not know how to control yet.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 12:09 PM Last edited by Little_Tx_Mama : 2nd Jan 2008 at 12:20 PM.
Rebecah

I've been watching your progress in the animation threads as I'm trying to learn to do animation myself. I have learned so much as you've been working on your animals!! I truly recognize and appreciate all the hard work that has gone into these creations. The number of joints alone would've scared me away from a project of this magnitude and then you went made them rideable too!!!. I'm truly in awe and I can't express enough how impressed I am with the job you've done!!

Truly Amazing - thank you so much for sharing ALL your creations with us!!!!

You can find all of my creations here

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend" Robertson Davies
Scholar
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:32 PM
Thanks Little Tx Mama. If I can help in anyway with your project please let me know.
Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:40 PM
3 words... III LOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
I thought that the "50 horses your sims would ever need" Download was the best, BUT YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND! Thankss soo much! AHHH! YOu should create "The sims 2 Famlife" Gahh, Thanks!
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 8:40 PM
Thank you, you are great! They are very sweet. Thanks and go on.

♥ Sukinamono wa Sukidakara Shouganai ♥
- Sukisyo -
Test Subject
#71 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 2:06 AM
so the horse actually slides around like that (the video on youtube)? and it does that litle prancy thing? And thanks again!
Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inkystinky2
so the horse actually slides around like that (the video on youtube)? and it does that litle prancy thing? And thanks again!

Yes, it's not perfect. I've just that I've had so many requests for this horse so I've posted it and explained that it's what I have so far. I am working on it more but to create good animations with the tools available is incredibly hard, and take hours and hours of work.

To create a pose is very easy, but creating a smooth looking animation is totally different story.
Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 3:40 PM
Thank you so much for all your help! You did better then I could! I love it so much!! thanks again!! :D
Test Subject
#74 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 5:49 PM
OMG OMG OMG!! you do not know how happy i am about this you are amazing. and it doesnt matter about the gaits its amazing that you pulled it off in the first place WOW.

this is amazing thank you sooooo much
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 4:13 AM Last edited by Padfoot16626 : 6th Jan 2008 at 6:06 AM.
OMG!!!!!!OMG!!! !!!!!! I think I might faint! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you and Dragonslave are totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere... 0_O
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Page 3 of 12