Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beta Testers Wanted! Long Braid!!!

by saracentner Posted 11th Apr 2005 at 8:03 AM - Updated 12th Apr 2005 at 8:15 PM by saracentner : UPDATE

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 7:20 PM
That looks good, thank you.
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 5:10 PM
I think, it looks like Lara Croft´s hair in blond. :ds:
I´m loading it, now.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 3:16 AM
I saw this thread and immediately thought "Lara Croft!", too! I made her, but now she can have hair that looks more like hers. Thanks!
#29 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:01 AM
Good job
Hay. :howdy: i downloaded the hair and it looks really good.
I dont think anything needs changing.
BUT could u possibly make it in red and brwon hair as well. :confused:
If not thats okay, but overall good job :bow2:
Scholar
#30 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 12:12 AM
This is so cool, thanks!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 2:27 AM
Awesome need recolors!!!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 4:06 PM
Thnak you so much for sharing your beautiful meshes!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:08 PM
have been longing for braids!!! thnx!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 5:22 PM
SUPER! I love it!
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 9:45 PM
it looks deliah from the game dark earth

No she's not naked, wish she woz tho :gidea: her breasts are coverd.
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:40 AM
Looks good !!! Thanks !
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:30 AM
Default Tried the long braid mesh..
Just thought I would let you know my results of testing the long braid. At the base of my Sim's skull was unattached.. there was a gap..
Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:14 PM
Totally loving the mesh! I'm having the same problem that heathermt has though, but i don't think it's such a big deal cause you hardly see it
Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heathermt75
Just thought I would let you know my results of testing the long braid. At the base of my Sim's skull was unattached.. there was a gap..

i am such a dumass...i totally for got about that...it's simple to fix too...i think i'll work on that today
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:58 PM
Looks beautiful.

Sims 2 rocks!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 12:13 AM
Guess my stuff is craptacular.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 2nd May 2005 at 2:04 PM
From the look of things; v. cute. Well done! I can't even do that...
Forum Resident
#43 Old 4th May 2005 at 6:58 PM
very nice, thankies!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 12th May 2005 at 4:54 AM
oo! yay
Instructor
#45 Old 12th May 2005 at 9:19 AM
I think the tail needs to come down more or have a hair tie at the head part...and maybe some bangs at the front (like Laras) but other than this it is really good. I love it and would love to see it developed more.
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th May 2005 at 4:17 PM
um.... hmm.... *ponders attempting a leather looking skin, so as to make Mord Sith* hmm... very nice work though ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th May 2005 at 7:58 PM
i am not too happy with this mesh but it was just a beta tester...when i have a finished product it iwll be up on my new site when it opens
Field Researcher
#48 Old 13th May 2005 at 10:09 PM
Saracentner, thanks for providing this mesh just as it is. I have used it on a couple of Sims ladies for about a week (real time) and it looks as good in game as almost all the Maxis stuff - and better than most hair meshes.
A good artist is never happy with their work, but if you wait for perfection no one will ever enjoy what you have to share.
Thank you for ALL your works, past and to come.
Banned
#49 Old 15th May 2005 at 12:33 PM Last edited by Visiting : 15th May 2005 at 1:15 PM.
The game really needs this mesh. 100 % of women who have long hair have to put it in a braid from time to time. But - this braid needs further work. I downloaded but deleted it because 1stly - it looks like a sort of curved stick attached to the back of the Sims head instead of a braid which falls flat down the back. 2ndly - the graphics don't look like a braid at all. 3rdly - a braid should move so you should contact faeriegirl who claimed in one of her posts that she knows how to make hair move in the game by changing the position of vertices in Milkbox or someting like that. Of course I want to encourage you but I also have to be honest. Please don't give up or take this post as an insult. I have never even attempted to make a mesh so I am not sure how hard you may have worked on this. Kudos and thanks for the time and effort that you invested. Sincerely.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 15th May 2005 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Visiting
The game really needs this mesh. 100 % of women who have long hair have to put it in a braid from time to time. But - this braid needs further work. I downloaded but deleted it because 1stly - it looks like a sort of curved stick attached to the back of the Sims head instead of a braid which falls flat down the back. 2ndly - the graphics don't look like a braid at all. 3rdly - a braid should move so you should contact faeriegirl who claimed in one of her posts that she knows how to make hair move in the game by changing the position of vertices in Milkbox or someting like that. Of course I want to encourage you but I also have to be honest. Please don't give up or take this post as an insult. I have never even attempted to make a mesh so I am not sure how hard you may have worked on this. Kudos and thanks for the time and effort that you invested. Sincerely.

ld never take that as an insult...i don't even like the mesh...this was one of my first actually...hence the testing
thanks for the input!
i have college finals right now so i'll have plenty of time to update meshes!
Page 2 of 3