Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"The Old Tree Swing"

by Targa Posted 9th Oct 2005 at 9:38 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:08 PM by -Maylin-

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 127 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 9:25 PM
wow kool it works just fine .//
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 9:40 PM
Such a brilliant idea; I too hardly ever include a swing in my lot, but again this is so much better than the maxis one, and yes it really takes me back too...

The difference being I had a tree house at the top of mine...
It's a shame that you can't make a modular tree that you could have optional tree-house, plank swing or tyre swing....

It really is superb, It adds so much character to any lot.. thakyou so much for making it
Forum Resident
#53 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 11:10 PM
Thank you so much! Lately I have only been playing in my medieval neighborhood and I couldn't use the swing set because it was too modern. But this will work fine! (Eventhough it's not a hack, I'm putting it in my hack folder so I can easily find it later if I want the old swing set back.)

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Instructor
#54 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 11:31 PM
Oh man, I'm so conflicted! I need time to think about this one. *trauma*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Plum
Oh man, I'm so conflicted! I need time to think about this one. *trauma*

Try this if you still want to use the old swingset (no guarantees that it will work):

Place the Maxis swingset on any lot you want it on. Quit the game and place this package in your downloads folder. Now go put this on any lot you want it on. When you go back to the lots with the regular swingset, whatever you do, do not go into buy mode and drag out my tree swing.

When I was testing this, I went to a lot that already had a Maxis swing, and it stayed a Maxis swing until I bought the tree. I don't think the lot object info is updated when you install a new object. In other words, the game doesn't always search through every object in the buy catalog or your downloads folder to see if a model needs replacing/updating.

Of course, it may eventually decide to change models on its own...
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#56 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:03 AM
wow! this is great! i love it! :D

i've played enough with the Maxis swing. i'm glad i have an option now.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:15 AM
Holy Moly that is way too cool! :wowsers:

As a little girl I spent way more time hanging out in the tree than I did playing with dolls (I also LOVED to bomb the neighbors garage with tomatos...but that's another story :err: !). I am going to have one of these bad boys in every lot in every neighborhood...heck maybe even two on each! Thanks so much for taking that piece of junk swingset that maxis gave us and making it something more creative and fun, not to mention pleasing to the eyes.

I so appreciate the time and talent that it took to come up with something like this, and then to share it with all of us. :lovestruc

Thank you Tons and Bunches!
~Karr
Test Subject
#58 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 6:17 AM
It's very cool.
I love so much.
Thank you^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 6:22 AM
All I can say is...WOW! Over 4,000 views and more than 1,700 downloads in the 24 hours since I posted this. Isn't it odd how such a simple yet down-to-earth thing can be so appealing to so many people?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 8:59 AM
Thanks so much! I had requested some time back about an invisible swing frame so the swing could be placed under trees. I will use this one, though. Even in nice modern lots, no Simmie will dare complain! LOL
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 10:49 AM
Wow that so cool, i luv it!
Field Researcher
#62 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 1:48 PM
Targa, I have woes! After downloading this twice I still can't find it in my game, it won't even show up/replace any swingsets, pre-existing or otherwise. I have NL but seeing as how it's EP compliant I'm wondering if it's conflicting with something else zI must have in my d/l folder. I don't have any other 'swing' items though, no recolours or custom creations that relates to said object. I'm wondering what the issue might be? Anyway, sounds like it's working for everyone else *sob* and I adore the concept, I'm just peeved my system/game doesn't seem to agree with me. Thanks anyway, and I look forward to more brilliant creations in the future. You're work is visually amazing.

And whomever had the idea about 'hiding' a pole inside the tree...? Awesome idea! If I can ever get this to work, hopefully soon, I'll try that! Man, you guys all rock... I'm so in-awe of the stuff here... awesome...
Field Researcher
#63 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 3:59 PM
Hehe, this is cool... always felt a little silly buying the Maxis swingset to satisfy the Wants of some Elf child... now they can have their swings AND their 'realism'... great work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:16 PM
Ravynlee: Did you try actually buying a swingset? Sometimes the game is slow in changing the catalog icon.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 7:18 PM
Nice it looks like the swing my auntie has in her garden

(\__/)
( ^.^)
(")__(")98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Instructor
#66 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
Try this if you still want to use the old swingset (no guarantees that it will work):

Place the Maxis swingset on any lot you want it on. Quit the game and place this package in your downloads folder. Now go put this on any lot you want it on. When you go back to the lots with the regular swingset, whatever you do, do not go into buy mode and drag out my tree swing.

When I was testing this, I went to a lot that already had a Maxis swing, and it stayed a Maxis swing until I bought the tree. I don't think the lot object info is updated when you install a new object. In other words, the game doesn't always search through every object in the buy catalog or your downloads folder to see if a model needs replacing/updating.

Of course, it may eventually decide to change models on its own...
Alright, I'll do it that way and see how it works. If it eventually changes on its own I'll let you know.

You make such great objects!

And I saw at least one other person requested a tree swing with leaves... if you ever got around to doing that I would dance. :spin:
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 10:30 PM
All I have to say is... WOW!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
Ravynlee: Did you try actually buying a swingset? Sometimes the game is slow in changing the catalog icon.

Actually just figured out my issue was not with this download but with my extractor prog WinRar. Has been adressed and though I feel like an idiot, I think I have it solved! Thanks for humouring me... can't wait to use it in game now!
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 2:41 PM
This is fantastic! I can't wait to get Uni and try it out, Thanks!

Tat

Co-Owner:
http://www.DeviantSim.com

Hostess:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group...fairy_Archives/

Life is not measured by the number of breaths that you take, but by the moments that take your breath away!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 7:40 PM
wowwwwwwww!
thanksssss

:d
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:42 AM
Cute!!!
I love it

thx!
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 3:12 PM
I have to say wow! When I first saw the screenshots of this I was amazed. As someone who can't make anything extra and is useless at Body Shop, etc, I am always amazed by what other people create and this is fab!
Test Subject
#73 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 6:24 PM
thank you! i've waited for this *kiss*!
Test Subject
#74 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 12:16 AM
I can't decide if I want this wonderful old tree or a tacky plastic swing. Hm... :moose:
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 12:43 AM
I love it, thank you so much.
Page 3 of 6