Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked COMPUTER (Not Global) << UPDATED 09/26/2007 <<

by monique Posted 19th May 2005 at 2:38 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2007 at 3:12 AM by monique

970 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 951 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 38 of 39
Instructor
#926 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
The AL version is at the new Insim site where I have hosted them in honor of Monique (who is still missing). Check them out there.

Hi Chaavik, thanks very much for more or less taking over support here!

This computer looks great, especially for financial stuff like having my Sims pay taxes or taking out loans. (I hope Insimenator will be up again at some point, because that too is a great source for helpful hacks.)

In the original post it said not to download if any EP is missing but if I get the comments right I should be able to use the Seasons version (I only lack Bon Voyage and Pets).

Thanks again for all the explanations!
Scholar
#927 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 3:07 PM
I have started using the computer to take out loans when starting a sim - much more realistic than Kaching or Familyfunds. Say, buying an $18K home and taking out a loan of $6K more to help furnish it.

Your sim starts out with a "Mortgage" which will increase over time if he/she doesn't pay it off - has to really concentrate on earning money and foregoing goodies and paying down the d***m mortgage. Very realistic. The only catch is a matter of honesty - it would be perfectly possible (but dishonest) to ignore the ever-increasing mortgage since there is no foreclosure in the game. Probably just as well.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Test Subject
#928 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 4:23 PM
If you are using the windmills and solar panels from mansion & garden, this hack will negate their effects. You will have to pay bills again.
Test Subject
#929 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 3:40 AM
I just love this computer, I got a new laptop for my 15th wedding anniversary, and this is one of the first things I looked for when I went to get my downloads set up again, a million thanks for this awesome item!!!!!
Test Subject
#930 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chapink890
If you are using the windmills and solar panels from mansion & garden, this hack will negate their effects. You will have to pay bills again.

I haven't had this issue at all. Have both the computer & panels on multiple lots with no problems.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#931 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 2:51 AM
I hope, with MTS' permission, that I can upload the FT and AL versions of Monique's computers with several fixes that I've done with the help of other people who tested them at IS (Insimenator.org) and gave feedback.

I added one new model for variety to the ones she did. It's a laptop that I did on my first attempt doing a mesh for. No mesh requests please. It was a headache doing it, and I'm not a mesher.

If there's anything you need to know about, don't hesitate to ask.

By the way, the AL computers can be used with MG. And that is an interesting point about the bills. The AL computers seemed to pick up the bills from both AL and MG without a problem.

If you use a mod that makes the bills more expensive, the computers will pick those up too.

But I will look into this bills thing and see if it will impact the Sims' ability to pay their bills.
Test Subject
#932 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 9:27 AM
Default Does windows vista slow down notebook
Does windows vista slow down your notebook computer? Do the versions of vista effect the performance of the pc
Test Subject
#933 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 11:42 AM
freetime is my latest ep so what download do i get

fletchers
Test Subject
#934 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 5:23 PM
Hey could you make a version of that pc with only the online bank option??
Test Subject
#935 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 11:26 PM
does anyone know where if possible I can find an older version of Monique's hacked computer, I don't have seasons, BV, AL or FT yet

sorry I pressed the thanks button instead of the feedback button
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#936 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 9:54 PM
I don't know if anyone has asked this already but is there a way to convert this computer and the ATM machine to work with sims 3? The creator hasn't been online since May. Or if someone could direct me to a download that does banking for sims 3 already in the forums, that would be great.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#937 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 3:29 PM
I............................................................
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#938 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 3:31 PM
LOVE IT thanxfor makin this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much i was sent to this download by mac o btw check this authour thing it's cool http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416677&c=1
Instructor
THANKS POST
#939 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 12:56 PM
The banking options are great, thanks very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#940 Old 18th May 2011 at 8:58 PM
Omg, it sounds so useful!THANK YOU FOR ABLOAD!
Lab Assistant
#941 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:26 PM
Hey Monique this is really great thank you but apparently your mod conflicts with 'Bigger Bills' because of the Loan, Deposit... well the whole money system you have on the hacked computer. Please can you check if it does conflict...

http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/134
Cyjon's bigger bills mod
Theorist
#942 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 10:17 AM
Chrystali8, yes it does conflict for sure, sadly.

Also if you're reading this and you have AL, make sure to carefully download the BV version of the mod instead of accidentally downloading an earlier one, otherwise you'll have problems with novel delivery. It will crash your game.
Test Subject
#943 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 3:51 AM Last edited by OptimusPrime70 : 24th Aug 2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Same topic, same subject, don't want to troll
Default Clothes bought online never arrive (can't buy clothes at Community Lots!)
Hi Monique, first of all thanks and great job the computer seems awesome! Except for one annoying thing: I originally tried this out because of inability to shop for clothes (a problem you must have heard of before), and now I tried this computer to shop for clothes online... now it seemed to work, I paid for the items and when I re-entered the online shop it wouldn't let me purchase them again, but I can't seem to find them! I bought a dresser but don't have the option to click on it (I mean I can click but nothing happens). Is this a bug? Are my clothes (and simeloneans...) lost? Or am I just being an idiot and missing the obvious? Please kindly help!

Edit Aug 25 2011 01:41 (1:41 AM):
Wow, I've just finished another game session (easily 12 hours in my case) where I tested this computer, absolutely one of the best sims 2 mods I've ever seen! The new options are terrific, they manage to stay in the very small grey area between plain pointless and plain cheat, and they do so quite professionally!
The ONLY problem I keep encountering is the invisible goblins (the ones who ate the new clothes I bought online as I've described earlier). Any insights on that?? Again thanks for your help and for this terrific mod!
Mad Poster
#944 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 5:28 PM
can you fine sims using this computer or any of your mods?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#945 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 2:17 AM
The only things that I still need a basic computer for are the "blog", "browse", and "start competition" options for hobbies.
Lab Assistant
#946 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OptimusPrime70
Hi Monique, first of all thanks and great job the computer seems awesome! Except for one annoying thing: I originally tried this out because of inability to shop for clothes (a problem you must have heard of before), and now I tried this computer to shop for clothes online... now it seemed to work, I paid for the items and when I re-entered the online shop it wouldn't let me purchase them again, but I can't seem to find them! I bought a dresser but don't have the option to click on it (I mean I can click but nothing happens). Is this a bug? Are my clothes (and simeloneans...) lost? Or am I just being an idiot and missing the obvious? Please kindly help!

Edit Aug 25 2011 01:41 (1:41 AM):
Wow, I've just finished another game session (easily 12 hours in my case) where I tested this computer, absolutely one of the best sims 2 mods I've ever seen! The new options are terrific, they manage to stay in the very small grey area between plain pointless and plain cheat, and they do so quite professionally!
The ONLY problem I keep encountering is the invisible goblins (the ones who ate the new clothes I bought online as I've described earlier). Any insights on that?? Again thanks for your help and for this terrific mod!

I only have the problem with clothes if there is a problem with the sim. In the one or two cases that has happened, it was with a townie that I moved into another family, and not by marriage. Have you tried another house/sim? If you don't want to move out, just try moving a sim you don't care about onto an empty lot and buy a cheap wardrobe, desk, chair and this computer to test it. Hopefully, it is just one particular sim or house and not your whole game.
Test Subject
#947 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:44 AM
Hi, this is great. But, I wanted to know one thing, is there a way that i can download this without having pets, or bon voyage and just deleting the things in the hack that have to with those expansion packs. I've done it with other things but is it possible with this?
Test Subject
#948 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:18 AM
I love the hack, but for some reason it doesn't show up in the game which is odd, because i had it working before when I had sims installed last year. I don't know what happened this time around, but i'm thinking a conflict of some sort . . . ? Does anyone know of the conflicts involving this hack? Replies would be greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#949 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 2:44 AM
Howdy!

I'm using this computer now for half a year! It's great! There are two issues I'm having trouble with them. First is the design, is it possible to copy the functions to other dowlnoad computers? That would bring some variations into my households..

Another is, I built a Office and I'd like to run a newspaper publisher. Is there a way to get the employees to auto-write the article i want them to write (Just like the Work at home function, just for employees). When I choose "Admit Employee to write article", it doesnt. I have to "ask visitor to write article" and then it works. But this sucks, haha

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#950 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 6:44 AM
Technology nowadays can do everything! Even in TS2! :D
Page 38 of 39