Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Beauty: Idolatry of Flesh Skintones - UPDATED 03-Mar-07

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:47 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 10:20 AM by HystericalParoxysm : Adding a known issues heading.

364 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 337 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 15
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 11:46 PM
Thanks for these, HP. I've been looking for some really good, non-shiny, not overly-muscled skins to use as defaults. Also, I want to try redoing my Kii skins and since I can't get a result I like from scratch, (or using Maxis skins as a base) I've been looking for a skin similar to these to use as a starting place. Usually ingame I use Enayla's skins, since they're so beautiful, but they didn't quite suit as bases for recoloring.

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 11:53 PM
Quite all right, theisz - I had the same problem the first time I used shortcut defaults. Glad you figured it out.

dragonarts, I'm glad you like them. If you'd like to use them as a recolouring base, that's great - if there are specific ones you want to start with, or would like just the whole set, please let me know and I will get the base bitmaps uploaded to my webspace and send you a link. It'll be a big file so I haven't done it till now but, well, I have a "texture degradation mark" on the lower left corner of all the textures, and after one import, that mark goes incredibly muddy. I'd hate to see what multiple ones do to it - and the rest of the texture.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:02 AM
Thank you so much for sharing all your hard work with us. I'm glad you managed to tune-out the naysayers. There will be always people to complain.

I especially appreciate your willingness to share your PSD files so we can pretty much customize your skin to our liking. I've never seen a creator so flexible. I wish all creators were like you!

I'll keep an eye on your website.

BTW, if you are experiencing problems with your default skins, there is an easy solution, although a bit tedious. I'm assuming the problem is that you have used SimPE to create the defaults. Although fast and easy, it doesn't work so well when you want to share your defaults.

What you can do is find an existing replacement skin and replace all the textures with your own.

I wrote a tutorial for that some time back http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=129993

But you probably know all this and I'm just looking like a know-it-all
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:29 AM
Angelyne, thank you for your tutorial... The problem with my defaults was not so much not knowing how to do it - I've created defaults successfully from preexisting default packages before, though for eyes, not skins. No, the problem was that I was trying to be all advanced about it.

Y'see, the way I did them is a mixture of the texture replacement method and a... somewhat experimental method, using material definitions. By using the material definitions as the default replacements, rather than textures, and just changing the line in the material definition replacements to point to the non-defaults, one can make MUCH smaller default replacement packages... It makes it so the originals are required, but most people have them as customs anyway for packaging sims. It's actually quite a bit quicker too, assuming one has a base package to replace from.

I'm going to try to document this method of creating defaults soon, and when I'm back on my own computer (I'm on my fiancee's at the moment so he can play Oblivion on mine, hehe) I'll try to get my stuffs uploaded so people can tinker.

I've always not minded people messing with my textures as long as they give me credit and a link if they share the results - I keep PSDs, why not share if they'd be useful? Without the open policies and permissions from the creators whose bits and pieces I used, my end result would not be quite so nice... I like to pay it forward.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Instructor
#80 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:31 AM
Oh wow HP these are amazing! I've been looking for a set of skintones like these for a file, some skins are a little too shiny for me and this just radiates there natural glow beautifully

You've done well

Thankyou for sharing.

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Instructor
#81 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:33 AM
Oh wow HP these skins are amazing! I've been looking for a set of skintones like these for a while, I have noticed some skins are a little too shiny for me and this just radiates there natural glow beautifully

You've done extremely well

Thankyou for sharing.

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Instructor
#82 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:41 AM
This is cute! a refreshment from the annoying way to shiny skintones out there. and I like the poolstick pose, YOU CANT FOOL ME!

great job

Please say thank you if you like my work and also,Please read my Terms of use -Thank you and enjoy my work!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:12 AM
wonderfull!! thanks a lot :D

These boots are made for walking...
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:21 AM
uh....i hate it that silly ignorant stupid little people have made you feel this way about the sims community. i think you are an absolute genius creator and i download almost everything you create because i know if it comes from hysterical, its high quality s**t. lol, i seriously wanted to kiss you on sunday afternoon because your little tutorial on downloads helped me get my stuff back in the game. i had recently installed pets and my create a sim cc was mia. turns out i hadn't ran body shop....a quick fix you helped me do in about 2 minutes when i was trying to do this for days! but i want to personally say you are inspiration and a damn good creator! i also loved the 'buttered ham" sims comment. come on, sometimes you just NEED them to look like that lol..... beautiful skins, beautiful work, brilliant creator
Field Researcher
#85 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:50 AM
Simply gorgous (SP? XD) I love these skintones because they show everything in the right place without looking photoshopped or over realistic. These are very beautiful skintones, i love the fact that they are not too shiny and still fit in with the game.

EDIT: I was about to send the submission for my sim, then i saw these skintones, so i will see if they match her X3
Field Researcher
#86 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:15 AM
Gorgeous skins! I'm glad they're not the "greasy" or shiny type, because while they're nice for gorgeous Sims, photoshoots, and contests, I'd imagine they'd be hard to stare at while playing normally. So, thanks !
Field Researcher
#87 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:53 AM
Awesome! I can't wait for non-barbies.
Scholar
#88 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:23 AM
I think it's the first time I see one of your skins... And they're all great
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 7:23 AM
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a lazy sod and don't usually bother to comment but I have to say thankyou so much for sharing this fantastic creation with us. I especially love the fact that the ladies haven't all had breast implants! Your hard work and generosity are greatly appreciated.
Scholar
#90 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 7:52 AM
FAN
TAS
TIC

Absolutely beautiful!

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Test Subject
#91 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:07 PM
So cool I'm going to Download these now and Have my make a new Sim wearing them :D
Field Researcher
#92 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:54 PM
These are the most awesome skins ever. They are beautiful and perfect! Thank you so much for making them, and fixing the defaults. Keep up the good work you rock!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:13 PM
Awsome job! What a wonderful idea and job you did! Thanks!

Where ever you go, there you are!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:43 PM
Beautiful, but default replacements are corrupt.

MTS2 rocks my socks!

<Inge> is the truth always "cool"?
<Inge> a thing isn't true just cos it's interesting
<tracyshayne> Hi, Inge...you talking to yourself over there?
A quote from the MTS2 chat!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:57 PM
Please try redownloading the file, Daan1302. The file on the server is not corrupt - it is likely a transfer error, as happens sometimes.

Test Subject
#96 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 12:47 AM
I lived in Florida for several years and the skins that you created are amazingly gorgeous, and remind me of the beautifully all over tanned people who I lived around everyday when I lived in Land O' Lakes FL. That was some of the best times of my life, and trust me you don't go around looking all shiny - unless you just got a fresh coat of tanning oil put on...LOL. Anyway, the set is amazing, and I really appreciate just how much time you put into it. I don't download skin sets, but this one really grabbed my attention! Happy simming and thanks again. ~AvengingAngel
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 1:02 AM Last edited by fishman0422 : 7th Mar 2007 at 1:41 AM. Reason: felt better
These are GREAT! Realistic...but not too realistic. Some skins are made to look shiny...I HATE THOSE! Some people seem to think they look real. As if we're all walking around with bodies coated with baby oil. Thanks for not making "oiled" skins. I'm not going to download these though, not because they're anything short of fantastic, I'm simply waiting for the "NON-BARBIE" version. I'm sure they'll look just as nice....if not nicer. I hope to see them soon! Keep up the great work and I'll keep an eye out.
Test Subject
#98 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 3:49 AM
This is the skintone I've been waiting for since the release of the sims 2. thank you so much. I'm extremely picky when it comes to skins, and this is the end all for me.
Inventor
#99 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:02 AM Last edited by longears15 : 7th Mar 2007 at 7:50 AM.
These are beautiful, thank you. I really dislike all the horribly shiny, so-called 'realistic' skins out there...yours are so much more natural looking. Can't wait until you have your anatomically correct skins for download- will certainly be downloading when you do

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Forum Resident
#100 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 8:38 AM
these are so nice and real
Page 4 of 15