Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pin Up Girl

by Dr Pixel Posted 28th Mar 2005 at 1:21 PM - Updated 18th Nov 2008 at 11:46 AM by Dr Pixel

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 1:52 PM
Great work!Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 2:10 PM
the feet are quite large!!!! BigFoot Mesh
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 2:34 PM
Looks Great Thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 2:38 PM
Great post followed links till I almost forgot to download mesh and check it out.
#6 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 3:15 PM
Beautiful work, thank you =)
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 3:54 PM
Oooooo! I've gotta' have it!! TUVM. :>
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 4:33 PM
Just lovely!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 4:46 PM
Really nice I can't wait to see the recolors of this.

YMW PRODUCTIONS
Great free downloads, and a fun and friendly forum
www.ymwproductions.com
Stop in and say HI.
Check out my little brothers shop
Undead Threads
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chaos2oo2
the feet are quite large!!!! BigFoot Mesh

I tend to agree with chaos2oo2 on this one......i think the feet are MASSIVE!!!.....but having said that i love the style of this mesh so credit were credit is due......nice work......is'nt there any way to make the feet smaller? :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:37 PM
I can see many possibilities of recolors for this one.Another wonderful mesh Dr.P.
Thank you.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 7:55 PM
Ah, yes but you know those pin up girls...you can starve your waist down but your stuck with the huge feet God gave ya!! LOL I think it's kind of a cute human imperfection
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#13 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 7:56 PM
Gee, I wish I lived in the perfect person world with all the perfect small-footed women =P

This is gorgeous Dr P I have visions of a Betty Grable Sim comin up =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 11:31 PM
Oh how adorable. She looks so nice, much better than the "fit" (ahem, more like "starved/gross/etc...") Sim females. Can't tell if you made her that way, but she actually looks real. Good job. :-)
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 4:29 AM
She is beautiful- thanks
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 4:38 AM
Nice mesh!! Thank you...

Jessica

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
Sophisticated Sims
Featured Artist at Spiffy Sims
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 5:03 AM
I updated the mesh - don't worry, any skins you have made will still work the same. I just shrunk the feet a bit.

They actually weren't as big as it looks in the picture, I think it is the camera angle in the CAS sceeen.

Anyway, I measured them against a standard Sims foot - same size.

The extreme angle of the foot of course makes the heel seem to stick out more - but that would happen to a real person's foot in shoes like those...

Try 'em in your game, they really don't look oversized.
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 6:50 AM
She Rocks Doc! Thanks for putting her up. - Robar
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 7:31 AM
Wow! Lovely!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:41 PM
Great job. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 11:10 PM
Very sexy! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 11:28 PM
thumbs up, DP

Are you going to do any kind of tutorial on this?

Did you tweak any bone positions? (i.e., did you make her taller, change the knee and/or ankle positions, etc.)

I assume that you moved the foot vertices up, added the shoe vertices, and added the shoes to the texture mapping. How did you determine the bone weighting on the shoe vertices? Is MS still restricted to one bone per vertex?

In the CAS picture, her right foot looks long, & the left looks short, due to foreshortening. It kind of looks like you shortened the lower leg in order to raise the ankles higher, leaving the knees where they were. Between the apparently shorter calf, and the foreshortened left foot, the right foot does seem longer than it should. But mainly, those are pretty big platform shoes, and they add to the big-foot effect.

Thanks,

- Jay
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 10:00 AM
Dr Pixel. This mesh looks like it got straight from the Maxis site I guess that is the best way to say how fantastic it is.

Could you make one without the shoes but with this body measurements as well? Then the Sim can also use it when jumping in the pool..going to sleep...or having a workout. I guess the obstacle course is a pain on high heels.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 11:57 AM
Wow great job i love it Thank you!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 5:39 PM
She is a lovely looking sim. Great shape!
Thank you very much for sharing, and I will test it in the game.
Page 1 of 2