Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

5 Sim Lane

by B|oodBane Posted 19th Jan 2008 at 12:26 AM - Updated 19th Jan 2008 at 12:05 PM by B|oodBane

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 8:13 AM
Banned
#3 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 11:05 AM
I don't download houses but thank you for reminding me how terrible The Sims 1 was.
Hahaha.
I don't think that you should have created this (relating to the link given on the above thanks post) somebody else had the same idea. I would hate it if somebody did a cheap remake of any of my creations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Have you seen this? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=66212

Well i have now but reguardless,mine is done as close as i can with original content and i have also done The Charmings house and Hicks which were done without custom content or multiple expanstion packs(just pets),
I thank you for showing me this thread but my targets go into making old town as well.thanks for your coments !!

"As part of a previously mentioned required test protocol, we can no longer lie to you. When the testing is over, you will be… missed!
Cake, and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
"
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Mellisenda : 20th Jan 2008 at 4:06 AM.
I really don't understand the negative replies here. This is just BloodBane's interpretation on the Sims 1 Goth house, and I think it is just great. It's not a copy of anyone else's.

I had tried the version from the thread linked in the first reply here (by NH Rockstar, as noted by KHLVH) when it was released and it was too glitchy to play so I had to delete it. I've downloaded a couple others, as well, and still like this one more.

BloodBane, Thank You very much for remaking these great Sims 1 houses and providing them FREELY to the community, which you did not even have to do. I applaud your efforts!

Melissa
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 7:15 PM
My comment wasn't supposed to be negative, just showing that a group of people already had this idea and how far they went with it. If I was trying to point out in a negative way that this house in particular had been done I would have linked to that specific house, and not the project thread. I found it to be an interesting read.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
My comment wasn't supposed to be negative, just showing that a group of people already had this idea and how far they went with it. If I was trying to point out in a negative way that this house in particular had been done I would have linked to that specific house, and not the project thread. I found it to be an interesting read.

Ok I am aware of the Group who did it,and i'm glad you have pointed out that this has been done,I've uploaded this for people who don't want to have to install extra content(custom).

All I wish is that you can see this is my version and that you are freely allowed to download this or some-else's Version,all in all I'd be hapy for anyone to download mine,but at the end of this its up to the downloader to decide.

Happy simming all!!

"As part of a previously mentioned required test protocol, we can no longer lie to you. When the testing is over, you will be… missed!
Cake, and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
"
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 4:08 PM
My first comment on ANYTHING! You are doing what I wanted to do! It looks painfully smaller in 2, doesn't it? In 1 it looked grand, at least I thought so...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 12:55 AM
I never liked playing the Goth's house in TS1, because I thought it was laid out terribly. No room for a TV in the living room, that weird little bedroom upstairs. So I expanded on it, and made it AWESOME. Then the game got messed up and I got TS2, and haven't played TS1 in a long time. I did download the other version, but i haven't played it yet. I love having the option for TS1 stuff without having to get a bunch of CC with it. I think I'll delete the other one and download this one. I'll still have all the CC that came with the first one, but i won't feel so obliged to keep it if I don't like it. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer Quick
My first comment on ANYTHING! You are doing what I wanted to do! It looks painfully smaller in 2, doesn't it? In 1 it looked grand, at least I thought so...

Yer sort of shame as its geometricaly pefect,I guess the land scape helped in the first one.

"
Banned
#11 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 12:51 PM
It's a really good house contrary to my earlier objectionable remark.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 12:41 AM
Vertex, regarding your first comment, exactly whose creation is BloodBane doing a "cheap remake" of? The only one he has "copied" is the original Sims lot, and he has done a great job. If you don't want the lot, don't download it, but don't come in here and berate him for something he has done. Not nice.

BloodBane, I love the house, and I would love it if you would do more. Don't listen to those who come here to criticize. Recreating something is not an easy thing to do, and I appreciate all your hard work.

Thank you for your wonderful rendition of TS1's Goth House.

centime
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:06 AM
Nice work! Are you going to do any more Sims 1 houses?

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freesimmy21
Nice work! Are you going to do any more Sims 1 houses?

i'm not sure,i'm on my break off sims 2 and playing C&C at the moment,
but maybe when apartments comes out i maybe able to.

"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Jul 2022 at 10:06 AM
This and your other Sims 1 remakes are awesome! Your uploads are making a difference even in 2022<3