Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Warrior Sword *UPDATED*

by JohnBrehaut1 Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 5:01 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 6:53 PM by -Maylin-

471 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 19
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:23 AM
O.O I've wanted something like this for SO long! Thank you!

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."~William
Scholar
#102 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alecrox12
I never said I could make it, JohnBrehaut1, besides, I'm only 13, how good do you expect me to be at doing that kind of stuff.

I'm 13 and turn 14 in June. Click on my profile and look at the stuff I make as a 13 year old.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Instructor
#103 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:44 AM
Talent, not age, determines whether someone is good at meshing or not. I'm 36 and suck when it comes to doing meshes and textures. My talent is programming which is why I stick to Behaviour Functions and leave the meshing to those who have a knack for it.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:40 AM
Woah! , thanks alot , now i can go rampaging and killing Ppl! , (now if we only had a lightsaber...mmhm)
And btw , those pics reminded me of Metal Gear Solid 3 , the last fight specfically!
Mad Poster
#105 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bexz0r
You know what would be really really cool? Lightsaber versions. I drool at the mere thought.

But anyway, fantastic work. A truckload of gold stars for you.

I've seen a lightsaber version based on pillowfight, maybe not twhat you want, but I think it was on the palladins palace-site or something. i'm not sure, and I don't know the address, but I think you can find it there. i have it, at least.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#106 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I've seen a lightsaber version based on pillowfight, maybe not twhat you want, but I think it was on the palladins palace-site or something. i'm not sure, and I don't know the address, but I think you can find it there. i have it, at least.

It was shaklins site.
Test Subject
#107 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 10:26 AM
cool! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 1:47 PM
Wow! Great stuff, you are a credit to the community. A*

Seeing posts like this makes me want to contribute in some way other than clicking on thanks, time to start learning the hard stuff I think

~Purveyor of All Things Pantyhose and Feet~
Test Subject
#109 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:44 PM
Awesome Sword! just one question where can i find that armour that guy is wearing thats sweet as!!!!
Test Subject
#110 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 3:12 PM
This is so great! I need this for my sims stories and was trying to figure out how to do it in editing now I don't have to! Thank you soooo much! Wow so impressed!

No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#111 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 4:11 PM
mexican_pirate, It came with Open For Business.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 5:09 PM Last edited by alecrox12 : 16th Jan 2007 at 5:16 PM.
Im sorry John, I shouldn't have used the word "crappy." This took a lot of work. And I guess kids can make good stuff, but I can't yet.
Test Subject
#113 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 5:28 PM
Wow John, you did it! comes out great! fantastic job, Congratulations and thank you
Test Subject
#114 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 5:55 PM
I'm sorry to even ask this but is there any way you can make this in zip? I can get the rar files on my computer and I absolutely love this. If you have time I'd really appreciate it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#115 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:04 PM
iluvpears56, It is a rule on mts2 that you can only upload 1 file type. I suggest you download Winrar, so you can use them.
Test Subject
#116 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:20 PM
Thanks, this is really neat.

I got a glitch though. I had one of my sims try the sword (demonstrate skill and fight a family member). Afterwards (after putting the sword back into the stand) that sim tought a family member with the punching-bag career item. During the teaching session he regularly zapped over from the punching bag to the weapon stand for a split second and then back to his position by the punching bag. It did not disturb gameplay (as far as I can tell). It just seems to be a display glitch. I then sold the weapon stand but he still kept teleporting to the position in front of where the weapon stand had been while teaching with the punching bag.

I am on a Mac and have all 4 EPs and loads of other stuff installed.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#117 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:28 PM
That's very strange, i dont know what could be causing that. :S
Test Subject
#118 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 9:42 PM
THANK YOU. ITS WONDERFUL. hehehe. just what my cute demon guy needed.
Test Subject
#119 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 1:01 AM
Omg! ! ! ! ! !

Zomgz. The Monkey Just Ate My Pudding N Pickles =O

Visit the baby-->toddler guide at http://www.freewebs.com/bouncingbabysim. Under Counstruction
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#120 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 1:32 AM Last edited by JohnBrehaut1 : 17th Jan 2007 at 1:52 AM.
Default *update*
Ok, i updated the "Demonstrate Skills" interaction so it gets body skillpoints. Read post for more info.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 1:38 AM
Uber Cool!! Danke!!

~Crenellating Crenellations!!~
Test Subject
#122 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 2:12 AM
I AM GETING REALLY FED UP OF TRYING TO GET THIS STUPIT SOARD! I JUST GET 503 ERRORS. Maby it's just my internet but I don't thing so. And when I do get it up it says it is mising data, and it is right! There is a hole File missing! I know MTS2 has incountered some problems in Downloding and it sayd it it is fixed but is not for me!

p.s. Grate work thow

p.s.s. Sory for the spelling
Test Subject
#123 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 2:18 AM
This is really great! I'm so glad to have an activity for my medieval sims (shaklin's lightsaber fight just didn't look right in the castle courtyard )

I'm having a problem similar to the one that Pille23 described, though. My sim does his teleporting when he sits down to eat...one second he's sitting at the table, the next he's in the yard beside the sword stand.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 3:13 AM
Heh, I just used this to kill.
This'll teach that "reviewer" to intentionally diss my business!
Oh, and I also have Pille23's teleporting glitch, too.

Denis Leary and Max Goldberg - modern American heroes!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#125 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 3:23 AM
hmmm.... strange, i dont know what could actually cause it to do that.

Edit: I'll add it to the issues list.
Page 5 of 19