Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked COMPUTER (Not Global) << UPDATED 09/26/2007 <<

by monique Posted 19th May 2005 at 2:38 PM - Updated 26th Sep 2007 at 3:12 AM by monique

970 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 951 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 21 of 39
#501 Old 1st May 2006 at 6:22 PM
thankyou!
Test Subject
#502 Old 5th May 2006 at 3:59 AM
Hi, I just want to let you know I love this download and have been using it for a long time now, but after getting v12.2 for OFB, I've been having problems with buying electronics. When I try to buy any of the gadgets, the sim resets next to the computer, is charged for the item, but doesn't receive anything. Also, when I try to buy some of the robots, such as Servo, and I believe the Munchie Bot as well, the sim resets, isn't charged, but the robots spawn.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Test Subject
#503 Old 7th May 2006 at 3:20 PM
Yes. I am having major issues with sims "jumping" from the computer when trying to perform an actions. They refuse to finish anything like writing a novel or working from home.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#504 Old 7th May 2006 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by havemycake
Yes. I am having major issues with sims "jumping" from the computer when trying to perform an actions. They refuse to finish anything like writing a novel or working from home.

Would you like to add more in your report like what type of computer (cheap, expensive and light computer) did you use? (I am maintaining three objects here), a version of hack (I'm sure you have the latest version if you dont pls. try the latest version first)?, EPs that you have? Because write article will no longer work without an OFB, I included OFB codes there. More detail would help me to track down the error to correct it, If you know how to turn on debug mode, thatlog file would help too.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Test Subject
#505 Old 8th May 2006 at 12:42 AM
I started a new sim on an empty lot with nothing but desks, all three of your computers, and chairs. I wasn't able to recreate any of the errors concerning buying cellphones or other gadgets, or the errors concerning purchasing robots. When I try to purchase robots on other lots, however, the debug mode tells me there is a "missing neighbor for data access." Oh, and I also noticed that when buying any of the robots, the sim isn't charged for purchasing them (on all computers). I've attached one of the log files it gave me when I tried to buy a Servo using the Sunair Light Computer.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N006_t55490.rar (18.0 KB, 9 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#506 Old 8th May 2006 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ender054
I started a new sim on an empty lot with nothing but desks, all three of your computers, and chairs. I wasn't able to recreate any of the errors concerning buying cellphones or other gadgets, or the errors concerning purchasing robots. When I try to purchase robots on other lots, however, the debug mode tells me there is a "missing neighbor for data access." Oh, and I also noticed that when buying any of the robots, the sim isn't charged for purchasing them (on all computers). I've attached one of the log files it gave me when I tried to buy a Servo using the Sunair Light Computer.

Well the whole problem is all about the "missing neighbor" that neighbor is an NPC (I think saleslady). My computer searches the whole neighborhood but it didnt find that NPC so that's why there was an error. I uses this NPC for the dialog box.

Test Subject
#507 Old 8th May 2006 at 10:12 PM
Okay, that makes sense. I had used the delete all characters cheat when I first made the neighborhood. Will any of the make NPC options on the mailbox in debug mode bring her back, or am I stuck with it like this?
Test Subject
#508 Old 8th May 2006 at 10:31 PM
A small question,

My bank deposit resets to 0 every time I restart the game. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#509 Old 9th May 2006 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ender054
Okay, that makes sense. I had used the delete all characters cheat when I first made the neighborhood. Will any of the make NPC options on the mailbox in debug mode bring her back, or am I stuck with it like this?

Maybe in my future updates I would consider adding a fallback routine for the situation like yours, but in the mean time you're stuck there, sorry . Maybe I should try that too.

Quote: Originally posted by JL8
A small question,

My bank deposit resets to 0 every time I restart the game. Is this normal?

Thanks,

No, Pls try to redownload all of them again, you're missing one file there.

Test Subject
#510 Old 9th May 2006 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
Maybe in my future updates I would consider adding a fallback routine for the situation like yours, but in the mean time you're stuck there, sorry . Maybe I should try that too.

It's okay, it's not really any big problem. The robots still spawn and everything.
Thanks for the help!
Test Subject
#511 Old 17th May 2006 at 3:18 AM
Default Help
I'm not sure if I've done something wrong, but I've been trying to figure out just what download is causing my error in game message that seems to pop up. And so far the only thing that stops it is when I take all computers off the lot. This happened just after I downloaded this mod and a couple of others. I was just wondering if anyones having this proplem other then me. So far I have looked into the others and they are fine. Just thought I'd see if maybe my computer was regecting this download?
DEBB
Test Subject
#512 Old 19th May 2006 at 8:42 PM
You are awesome!!!

RaynePoodle
Test Subject
#513 Old 20th May 2006 at 3:35 AM
Im having the same problem as deborahreid6. The error message is as follows:
Object Error: An error occured in object "N001_User 00377_Sebastian" # 290
Error Invalid Constant
The Stock trace is saved in "C:/Doucments Settings/Hurthsette Williams/My Doucments/EA Games/The Sims
2/Logs/object Error_N001/t68261.txt.

Another error is the same execpt it says:Bad gosub tree number

What the heck is going on?? thanks in advance for the help :}

Also where do I get the black cheap computer for the recolors to work???

This is a great hack im sure it will be better if i could get it to work properly!!!
Test Subject
#514 Old 22nd May 2006 at 3:34 PM
does anyone know the alienware comp hacked with max out skills personality your mood eeryones mood your aspiration everyones aspiration ets. i had it delted it and forgot it can't find it
Field Researcher
#515 Old 25th May 2006 at 8:57 PM
Monique, I am setting up an economic structure in my hood and want my sims to pay rent to a specific sim automatically. I would love to be able to schedule weekly payments to a certain sim for rent or taxes or payment for services.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Jade
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#516 Old 26th May 2006 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeEliott
Monique, I am setting up an economic structure in my hood and want my sims to pay rent to a specific sim automatically. I would love to be able to schedule weekly payments to a certain sim for rent or taxes or payment for services.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Jade

Yes, that's possible. I'll put that in my list, Tenant-Landlord mod. In the meantime I'm busy with my "Individual Aging ON/OFF hack" which is scheduled to be released today hopefully.

Lab Assistant
#517 Old 27th May 2006 at 7:27 AM
Wonderful hack! I have downloaded everything and tested it in my game today (Don't ask how I missed this hack for the past few months...).

I'm having a bit of an issue with getting the functions to appear though.

I have Uni, NL, and OFB.

I placed the computer in a community lot business, however, I only received the options "Write Article" "Send Email" and "Play SSX"

Are there any known hack conflicts? I have the InSim/InTeenimator, a few of your other hacks, and a mountain of Squinges hacks (and some miscellaneous ones like the shrub toilet hack thrown in there). One thing that I was thinking of was that I do have the hack that stops my idiot sims from hopping on the computer every chance they get. Squinge's No Computer Abuse Hack.

I also have an unusual suggestion for an add on. Just as a sim can get in heaps of trouble for making counterfeit cash, could there also be a hack option (Say, for sims with a certain logic or other skill level) with a risk of police interference? I'm not quite sure what the perk to hacking would be...maybe money, learning a phone number, changing a grade (to pass or even flunk your own or a rival sim?), something illegal and hack-like.

A second strange suggestion would be a personals site (like eSim or eLlama) that functions like the gypsy...without the gypsy. Of course, maybe the person wouldnt drop out of the sky, maybe they would talk to you online and invite you out or ask if you want them to come over.

Thanks for the help and for reading =)
Test Subject
#518 Old 27th May 2006 at 5:44 PM
Monique,

I love this hack ... but now that I only have NL it does not work anymore. Any NL versions of this computer ?

Thanks

~*~* Freedom is not negotiable
Test Subject
#519 Old 27th May 2006 at 8:52 PM
Monique, as you are accepting requests, can I ask you to add a Private School Fee option. Private School Fees could be set at $100/pupil a week, automatically payable on a Monday.

Non-payment/lack of funds would put all Private School pupils back in Public School the next day (Tuesday).

I'd be really grateful if you would consider doing this. I know Ste (Syberspunk) has a Private School phone hack, but I'm only interested in making my sims pay for Private Schooling.

Thanks, Sandi.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#520 Old 28th May 2006 at 2:51 AM
It's easy to do it, but I would suggest that you ask first Syberspunk if he could add this to his Private School hack, because his hack is about Private School. It is just a tiny controller that will monitor teen/child who are in private then deduct $100 every Monday if they coundnt pay then change them to public.

Test Subject
#521 Old 28th May 2006 at 11:43 PM
Monique,

Do you have a version of this computer but for those who only have the first 3 games
(Sims 2, University, Nightlife)

I have not been able to get OFB yet and so miss this computer.

Thanks

~*~* Freedom is not negotiable
Field Researcher
#522 Old 29th May 2006 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
Yes, that's possible. I'll put that in my list, Tenant-Landlord mod. In the meantime I'm busy with my "Individual Aging ON/OFF hack" which is scheduled to be released today hopefully.

Thank you Monique! I love this computer and it is the only computer I ever use.

It will be great when I can choose a sim and the amount I want them to be paid and what day the payment is transfered. Thanks again, very excited!

Jade
Lab Assistant
#523 Old 31st May 2006 at 7:21 AM
Monique, I am having a problem. I installed OFB and downloaded the newest version of this computer. The invitation e-card doesn't work like it did on my other PC with NL. I don't get the dialog box as in your picture that looks like the party invite dialog. I am getting a list that looks like the one you'd get when you call a sim, and I can only invite one person at a time. Also, every single sim appears on the list, including NPCs you can't normally call, such as NPC remote control car, NPC robot, Grim Reaper, and Social Bunnies.

I just realized that I am using the Sunair computer. I tried it with the cheap computer, and it appears normal. I checked the expensive computer also, and it seems to work properly. So it seems to just be an issue with the Sunair computer. Can you fix this? I've never used the Sunair computer until now, and it looks cool.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#524 Old 31st May 2006 at 8:42 AM
You're right, I uploaded the wrong sunair version. I was playing that before and enabled all neighbors in e-card and I forgot to return it to normal setup, sorry . I will return that in my next update.

Lab Assistant
#525 Old 31st May 2006 at 9:14 AM
Thanks for the quick response, Monique!
Page 21 of 39