Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 5:08 PM
Default custom content included?
I've read the guides on building and building submission, and then run a search through here. But to no avail. Sorry!
How do you include custom content in your package file? I've seen lots up for downloading on mts2 that don't have a shopping list, but a list of what's included... how? do you just drag them into the .package file?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 5:33 PM
When you package a lot to a file, custom meshes and custom mesh recolors are automatically included. Recolors of maxis items don't get automatically included, but most lot uploaders will include a seperate .rar with the content that didn't stick in the lot.

this may help: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=228501

Subtle In Spades
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 5:46 PM
Khaki, with seasons patch maxis recolors are included in the package.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 6:01 PM
If that's so, why is it stressed that we must remove all custom content in our submissions?? I realise it could hurt people's games, but why do some people get by with including custom stuff?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 7:05 PM
It is the unused CC that it must be removed, some objects are packaged even unused and ALL recolors of an object are in the sim2pack. It is a boring task to do but...to do !
Easier way :
* Package your lot
* MOVE your download folder out of The Sims 2 foloder (desktop for example)
* Install your lot, removig obviously unused recolors with the CleanInstaller. (in doubt let it)
* In your lot remove remaining useless recolors with the recolor tool (dont worry if the packages are erased, they are always in your moved download folder)
* repack your lot
* re test it with the same method to be sure it works

Be patient.... and "the more I fail..." read below

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
It is the unused CC that it must be removed, some objects are packaged even unused and ALL recolors of an object are in the sim2pack. It is a boring task to do but...to do !
Easier way :
* Package your lot
* MOVE your download folder out of The Sims 2 foloder (desktop for example)
* Install your lot, removig obviously unused recolors with the CleanInstaller. (in doubt let it)
* In your lot remove remaining useless recolors with the recolor tool (dont worry if the packages are erased, they are always in your moved download folder)
* repack your lot
* re test it with the same method to be sure it works

Be patient.... and "the more I fail..." read below

Ah ha, that makes some more sense. thanks!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 1:08 PM
Also, any custom content that is not shareable must be removed. Each creator has his or her own policy and that policy must be followed.

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies