Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] BaseGameStarter Pro v.2.5

by Numenor Posted 5th Nov 2006 at 2:29 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:16 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Numenor Reason: Get the new AGS at [url]http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=250555[/url]
332 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 331 Feedback Posts
Page 10 of 14
Test Subject
#226 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 4:23 AM
Thanks anyway for having a look. Yeah, I'm kinda regretting the dl versions I have, and will probably get the disc versions eventually. The only positive thing I've found is that since ft is digital, I dont need to shuffle discs in and out of the tray to play. Actually k&b is disc. As a matter of fact ft and seasons are the only digital exp I have. the others are disc. I think it's wierd that nightlife only won't work and base only does. Hmmm. Anyway, thanks sooo much. I can still use some of them though, which is good. I will still find it useful.

grim

eXoTicKiTTeN @ thesims3.com
grimaldi525190 @ thesims2.com & sims.wikia.com
email & yahoo messenger : [email protected]
Test Subject
#227 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 7:56 PM
I think I am missing something...I have installed the program with the Base Game Only, NL only and OFB only versions. Folders have been created for BaseGameStarter and within it there is a new folder for the game, yet when I choose the icon for Start BaseGame nothing happens. Someone between the posts here and for the AnyGameStarter, I thought I read something about needing the original game disc, but I am still not sure what I am doing wrong.

Also, can BaseGameStarter and AnyGameStarter be used simultaneously or are they and either/or kind of thing?

Many thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#228 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 5:54 PM
The AGS and the BGS can be installed and used simultaneously (but of course, only one game can be running at the same time).

As for your problem, I could probably understand better what's happening by examining your AppFiles folder. By the way: do the other two games (NL only and OFB only) run fine?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#229 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 9:34 PM
Sorry it has taken so long to reply to this again. I thought the problem would be solved once I ran from the original disks and it took quite some time to find them.

I have tried to run Base Game only, Only NL and Only OFB, but I still do not get results. I also tried running the game with the original disks and still nothing. I do not even see anything running in the background under Task Manager Processes.

I have attached the AppFiles folder. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (78.0 KB, 5 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#230 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 2:26 PM
Kaitco - This is very odd. In your AppFiles folder there are several files missing, as if the installer didn't install them for some reason.
I need an install log, to understand what happens; here is how to create an install log:

1) put the installer on the desktop;
2) right-click on the installer and choose "Copy";
3) right-click on an empty space of the desktop and choose "Paste Shortcut";
4) right-click on the shortcut and choose "Properties";
5) in the upper field (target), go to the end of the line and type: (space)/LOG=log.txt (make sure not to forget the blank space between the end of the line and the slash);
6) click OK to confirm the change;
7) run the installer and reinstall the desired games; the options you choose are irrelevant;
8) when done, you will se on the desktop a file named "log.txt": put it in a zip and attach it to this thread.

Of course, if the various games work fine, after reinstalling them, I don't need any log

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#231 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:26 PM
ATTENTION, IKEA SP USERS:

NEVER USE THE AGS AND THE BGS IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE IKEA SP!
Running an AGS or BGS game with the Ikea SP installed causes the Ikea stuff disppear from your Full Game.
All IKEA users please stop using the AGS and the BGS until I update them.

Test Subject
#232 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:21 PM Last edited by Elyona1 : 26th Jun 2008 at 3:48 PM. Reason: Putting all my posts together
Help!
Thanks for this, but I can't seem to run it. And plus, we haven't technically "bought" winzip, so it won't let me zip the files to send to you. I have all EPs up to BV, and I downloaded this to create a custom CAS! screen. But When I either double click or right click and select open on the icon it seems to do something but then it just sits like I didn't try to do anything at all. That's all I know for sure, if anyone can help that would be great.

If it helps, In my appFiles folder there is BaseGameStarter, FullGame, OnlyTS2, Sims2_BaseGame, sleep, Start_FullGame, UpdateLog, UserData_ON, BelEmptyFolders, hidcon, RestoreDocs, Sims2_Full, Start_BGSgame, Uninstall BGS, and UserData_OFF. All the capitolization, spaces and spelling are exactly the same here as in my folder. The order the files are in, I can't tell because I have the folder and this window at weird shapes so I can veiw all the contents of the folder and type this at the same time.

Quote: Originally posted by pollyg
Thank you for updating BGS for Bon Voyage. The original version of your program was wonderful, but I'm having a terrible problem trying to run just the base game under V2.0:

When I use the "Base Game Only" shortcut, it tells me that I'm running the wrong version of the game and to insert the BV disc. It won't run with the BV disc either. Both are clean and have no visible faults.

I've tried installing BGS 2.0 twice, uninstalling between attempts, and have had the same results both times. I'm sure I must've missed something obvious. What am I doing wrong?

I forgot to mention, I have the same problem exept it tells me to insert K&B stuff ( ) which confuses me...if it helps. I really want to make my six CAS! screens! (aspirations, I have the CAS! switcher program)

I also have H&M, TSS, and K&B for stuff packs...once again if it helps.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#233 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:03 PM
Elyona, please edit your previous posts, instead of creating new ones.
Lol, you did it before I told you Thanks.

From what you write, I understand that in your AppFiles folder some important files are missing, and I can't understand why...

Have you by chance some EPs downloaded from the EA online store? This is known to prevent the BGS to correctly run (including the request for another CD in the drive).

PS: there are many zip managers (for example 7-zip) that are free and work fine.

Test Subject
#234 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:18 PM Last edited by Elyona1 : 26th Jun 2008 at 4:23 PM.
No, all of my EPs and SPs are on disks, and the cases are scattered everywhere, lol.

Btw, I found out how to compress my appFiles into a zip. or a rar. I'm not sure which, but it's winzip, oddly enough.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (60.7 KB, 4 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#235 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:43 PM
Elyona, please create a LOG as explained in Post #230. It will help me understand why some files are not copied into your AppFiles folder.

Test Subject
#236 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:26 PM
I'll get it to you as soon as I can, but unfortunatly currently I am at the university where my dad works seeing as I have a robotic's class at one, but as soon as I can I'll get it to you.
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 9:16 PM
O, Great Modfather. :p

I had the BGSPRO installed with just Nightlife and OFB. I just changed it to play up to OFB. I made a house and now I can't find the file that has the pics in them.
Test Subject
#238 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 2:34 PM Last edited by Elyona1 : 27th Jun 2008 at 2:49 PM.
ok, I don't know what's wrong, but I didn't get any "log.txt" on my desktop. Plus, the game still doesn't work. I don't know what to do!

EDIT: Nvm, I messed up something in the reinstallation.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  log.zip (4.7 KB, 4 downloads)
Test Subject
#239 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 2:55 PM
ok, now that my game actually works, is it possible to add another expantion pack after you install? Or would you have to install it all over again?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#240 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 11:15 PM
Simfan - If you created a house (without sims) in "Up-to-OFB", you should fint the screenshots in:
(Documents)\BaseGameStarter\OFB\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling
or in:
(Documents)\BaseGameStarter\OFB\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N009\Storytelling

If you can't find the pictures there, then it is possible that you have deleted the old mini-games while reinstalling the BGS. Usually, the option "...and delete also the played games" is unchecked by default, but if you have clicked it, the installer has replaced the OFB folder with an empty one.

Elyona - I'm glad it works now Yes, you can add more EP at will; in the first option screen, you just ADD the new EPs (don't remove the existing ones). And when you come to the second option screen, where it asks if you want to uninstall the previous installations, UNcheck the uninstall option, and the installer will keep intact the existing mini-games.

Lab Assistant
#241 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:49 AM
Ok, thanks.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#242 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 6:44 PM
Default Update!

INCOMPATIBILITY WARNING
Tha BGS is known to malfunction if one or more expansions were
bought from the EA online Shop. There is not fix for this.

WHAT'S NEW IN THE LATEST VERSION

IKEA_logo D_Deluxe
(Click thumbnails to enlarge)
  • Version 2.4
    • New Feature: IKEA Home Stuff - The BGS is now compatible with the IKEA Home Stuff SP and can create the "OnlyIKEA" and "Up2IKEA" mini-games.
    • Improvement: [Double] Deluxe - I've finally managed to get access to a Deluxe and a Double Deluxe installations, and therefore I can ensure full compatibility with both Sims2 versions, and also provide assistance if needed.
    • Bugfixes: IKEA, EP detection and Lot installation - Under some circumstances, running a mini-game caused the IKEA stuff to disappear from the Full Game; also, in some cases the EP/SP selector showed EPs actually not installed in the computer; lastly, the installation of lots (by Drag&Drop) didn't work fine when the screen resolution was set to fullscreen. All these bugs have been fixed.

Lab Assistant
#243 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 3:15 AM Last edited by mauriemom : 2nd Jul 2008 at 3:18 AM. Reason: used anygame starter
I'm having a problem with the base game stuff disappearing when I use the anygame installler, not only in that program, but also now in my regular game. I used the anygame installer to run the base game, NL and OFB and the fireplaces and some of the other content is missing. When I ran my regular game (with all ep's up to FT and all stuff packs (with the exception of TSS and Ikea) the content for those games are also missing. Should I reinstall? What do I do to restore my game?

[
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#244 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 2:46 PM
You posted a similar question in the AGS thread, but you didn't mention that you had the same problems with the BGS (or are you talking again about the AGS here in the BGS thread??).
However, I confirm what I said: you seem to have some problems with the game itself, rather than the AGS and BGS. I suspect you are quite generic when you mention "base game stuff" disappearing from the game; in the other thread you mentioned only the pool tables (that are NOT base-game objects) and some fireplaces.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#245 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 1:35 PM
I just wanted to drop a hint for people who might be stuck in the same fashion as I was, until just now: apparently, a fucked-up system time can stop the BGS from working. Mine was set to some day in 9999 after a power loss .. nothing worked (not even a handful of reinstalls), but now that I've set it to a more reasonable date, everything seems to be fine again.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#246 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:04 PM
I'm afraid I keep getting a weird error. It doesn't say anything, but neither does the game start. Whenever I try to open the basegame from the shortcut on my desktop, I only get a command prompt and nothing else.

Here's an image:

What should I do? I've already installed, reinstalled and unninstalled a dozen times, and restarted my computer about 6.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AppFiles.rar (55.1 KB, 4 downloads)

No matter where you live, no matter what you do, some things are always true.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one...
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 6:53 AM
I'm having trouble with even getting into the mini-games. I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled many times, and even tried the AGS, but when I try to use either 'only' NL or OFB, or "up to" OFB or NL, the game crashes, "the application has crashed, this application will now terminate."

For OFB it's almost always at the point where the scrolling reads something like "bring bacon home"? or something like that. NL would crash near the same time also.

I've tried removing the download folders, but the only thing each one of them had was the scriptorium, and even after taking all that out it still didn't work. There were no extraneous .package folders, or anything that even seemed out of place. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

I suppose I'm missing something really obvious, but if you could take a look, I would greatly appreciate it. Oh, my base game is the holiday edition; does that make a difference? I read all the comments so far but didn't see it mentioned. Thank you!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AppFiles.rar (79.6 KB, 5 downloads)

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Field Researcher
#248 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:10 PM
Let me know if you need my log for this sort of thing, but I just tried to start Base Game and got the "Uninstalled Nightlife" popup and I have Deluxe. AGS worked fine, but BGS gives me that popup and I'm, you know, just a little worried about it.
Whenever you get back to me is fine, thanks :D

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Test Subject
#249 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 6:42 PM
Default LBS problem :(
Numenor, your BaseGame Starter work for me but not the Legacy Body Shop. When I run LBS, nothing happens. I tried reinstalling BGS and restarting my computer but it didn't solve the problem. I attached zipped AppFiles folder here. Please help me!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (189.9 KB, 4 downloads)

I'm Polish so when I made a mistake in spelling or grammar, just tell me ;) I'm still learning English :)
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 5:51 PM
I'm having issues.

It has stopped renaming the My Documents folders. Is it supposed to do that? I have had to rename the folders manually after a freeze, otherwise, it thinks it is running the Maxis version and tells me to put in the IKEA disk.

I dumped my Buy, Build, and windkeeper's CAS hack folders into the downloads folder, and put in YACAS! and CAS! in the LotCatalog. Ever since then, it has been freezing about halfway through the loading screen. I've removed them, but the game still freezes.

I go into Task Manager, and there are about twelve "~e5.0001" instances running in my Processes tab. I ended them all, and that ended the game.

Hopefully you can make more sense of this. Here's the AppFiles.

Also, MartaS650, it's not your base game, I'm having pretty much the same issue as you, it freezes at the exact same time yours does, and I don't have the Holiday Base Game.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AppFiles.rar (303.1 KB, 5 downloads)
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14