Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Mod Organizer

by g0kur Posted 29th Jun 2022 at 1:25 PM - Updated 10th Jul 2022 at 10:11 AM by g0kur

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 8
Test Subject
#176 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 4:42 PM
Hi, downloaded this and otherwise it's great but I'm also having the issue where the game only recognizes some of the merged files, not all.
At first the game didn't recognize anything but after following some advice on the thread I got it to recognize 4 of the 5 files, but it's still not reading the 5th. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Test Subject
#177 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 2:08 PM
Help!! it just wont open? T_T i have windows 7, is that why?
Test Subject
#178 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 8:44 PM
If I understand correctly, with this mod I can merge all the package, mod and cc files together? I use CC Magic and use a lot of script mods.
Test Subject
#179 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 10:42 AM Last edited by Vensey : 28th Apr 2024 at 1:06 PM.
Little Update: I have now thoroughly messed up my game because I can't get my CC to load no matter what I do. I have tried Resource.cfg file adjustments, going back to previous folder setups because I had backups, and even freshly installing the game again and NOTHING is working. It seems my CC is destined not to load now. I am in desperate need of a fix because this will break a save that I have been working on and I REALLY would rather that not happen.

Hello! I just found out about this mod tonight (oh my goodness, the program merges packages SO fast and it is SO much easier to use than CCMagic!)
However, same as everyone else, I am having the issue where packages/cc/custom content is not being recognized in my game. I'm not sure why this is or how to fix it.
(As reference, I have tried every configuration of the Resource.cfg file that I could find in this thread, and none of them worked for me, sadly.)
Thank you!
Test Subject
#180 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 6:44 PM
What's the point of easily merging package files if it doesn't show them in the game?
Test Subject
#181 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 4:03 PM
I'm still working on seeing how I can utilize this program. One thing I've noticed is that there is no "sort by" function when I click on a package's resources. The pop up window that shows the content and the conflicts does not allow for ordering, and this can make finding the conflicting files a lot more difficult than needed. I would love to see a sort function become available!
Test Subject
#182 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 5:43 PM
Yet another update:

I basically did a completely fresh install of Sims 3. I backed up all of my saves, saved sims, library, etc. so that I could restore it if need be. I ran the game without ANY mods or CC, and verified everything was working. Then I tested merging a couple of CC and mod files, and was able to get them working in my game. Unfortunately, I don't really know what fixed it (probably the fact that I had to completely reinstall everything), but now I have merged files from this program running without issue in my game.
Test Subject
#183 Old 2nd May 2024 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vensey
Yet another update:

I basically did a completely fresh install of Sims 3. I backed up all of my saves, saved sims, library, etc. so that I could restore it if need be. I ran the game without ANY mods or CC, and verified everything was working. Then I tested merging a couple of CC and mod files, and was able to get them working in my game. Unfortunately, I don't really know what fixed it (probably the fact that I had to completely reinstall everything), but now I have merged files from this program running without issue in my game.

do you mean you merged cc and mod together?
Test Subject
#184 Old 2nd May 2024 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HenryA
do you mean you merged cc and mod together?

Hi HenryA,

No, I only merged similar file types. Mostly just CC. My understanding is that trying to merge gameplay mods can cause issues with overrides and conflicts.
Test Subject
#185 Old 2nd May 2024 at 5:27 PM
Hi HenryA,

No, I only merged similar file types. Mostly just CC. My understanding is that trying to merge gameplay mods can cause issues with overrides and conflicts.

Yes, that's what everyone says. So would you recommend switching from CC Magic to Sims 3 Mod Organizer?
Test Subject
#186 Old 3rd May 2024 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HenryA
Yes, that's what everyone says. So would you recommend switching from CC Magic to Sims 3 Mod Organizer?

Honestly, I actually like it a lot better than CC magic. I find it easier to use, with fewer accidental copies of my mods ending up in random places. So in short, yes.
Test Subject
#187 Old 3rd May 2024 at 4:07 PM
Honestly, I actually like it a lot better than CC magic. I find it easier to use, with fewer accidental copies of my mods ending up in random places. So in short, yes.

thank you for the feedback, I was asking because I messed up with cc magic, I still have the items but I can't see them anymore when I open cc magic.
Page 8 of 8